Trash T-Rex the Terrible

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People drop balls, these things happen. If he was doing it every week then it may be a problem.
Ok, he made a couple of defensive errors, don't forget he is playing out of position in 1 of the hardest positions to defend.
Can't remember the picking up incident. On that note, the ref was pretty harsh on us with Rooster's dropped balls in the 2nd half. There were about 3 where i was sure the players dropped it rather than interference from us.

I think we can all at least agree he can't play centre. Des however is persisting with him for reasons only he knows.

He can play wing but we have good depth in that position and I think it's inevitable he'll move onto the bench.

It will be in this position where he'll really find his groove. Defending in tight, opposition players will try to avoid him because he'll smash people.

I think it's a misconception that he's lazy, I think he tries to pace himself to last the game. I wouldn't say he's unfit but as a former Personal Trainer, I know everyone's metabolism is different and at this early stage of his career, he doesn't seem to have developed the stamina that you see in more seasoned players of similar size.

I've got faith in him and I reckon he'll be terrific for us.

Give me a break - this guy is a massive human who has  potential star  quality- guarantee will be a go to player in later stages this season. His defence at times filthy & personally see him off the bench as an impact player due to movement in D. At full strength would never be iscolated (spelling) out wide unless Des keeps him on the wing which i think is doubtful. Off the bench he will be dynamite  by seasons end.

The reason you can't remember the picking up incident TokyoEagle is simple ... it didn't happen.  He got penalised for a very strong tackle that caused the Roosters player to lose the ball and the ref just made a poor call.

TRex was pitted against arguably the Roosters' best player, and Manly's nemesis, and did well to contribute two tries (one by offload) and less well to be ONE of the players involved in two tries going against Manly.

We have one of our best wins in years & people want to attack this one individual guy.A MANLY player.  

He scores a try , he is involved in another & plays on with a ankle injury.
This was a proud day . This was not the day to be off loading sh..t on a Manly player.

SHAME  ON ALL OF YOU.

I'm sick of this. Yep, the dropped ball late in the game was poor. But FFS:

- the try by Aubusson was off a miracle ball by Pearce. If you watch the play, Williams had to stay out, otherwise its two on one, and he'll get blamed for not staying on his man. Foran (who had a great game) could be just as easily blamed for not drifting out and trusting his inside men. Fittler said it all when he said about four Manly players just looked at each other after the try wondering WTF happened

- so he gets beaten by SKD, 5m out with room to move and momentum after the line break eh? Tell me who would have got him? I'll tell ya - not many

- Youse are whingeing about something else he did, but I can't recall it and don't really care - plenty of others did some dumb stuff, and they're not getting trashed

- he then scores a try, and pops a nice ball to set up Foran, while holding off SKD, not an easy task

He has his faults, but I'm happy to stand up and say his positives outweigh his negatives

I actually don't believe his supporters here are serious. Maybe in the forward pack he'll show some heart - maybe. But he is a useless centre and below par winger who seriously lacks motivation. 

At the game today the amount of times I watched him walking around or just standing there instead of getting involved was infuriating. The sooner this guy leaves the club the better IMO.

codewana link said:
I actually don't believe his supporters here are serious. Maybe in the forward pack he'll show some heart - maybe. But he is a useless centre and below par winger who seriously lacks motivation. 

At the game today the amount of times I watched him walking around or just standing there instead of getting involved was infuriating. The sooner this guy leaves the club the better IMO.

Well believe it, I am serious.

Its easy to waffle on about him walking or standing around. I can pick times when every player is doing this, but its easy to jump on the bandwagon eh?

codewana link said:

Isn't the real question when are you going to show some heart codewana? Or are you a useless poster and below par whinger who seriously lacks motivation?

At the thread today the amount of times I watched you waffling around or just standing there instead of getting involved in supporting the team was infuriating. The sooner this critic in you leaves the club the better IMO.

The T-Rex apologists are hilarious. I agree he wasn't at fault for the defensive misses that led to tries however........

The offload to Foran for the try - gees if he draws and passes like a proper first grader he puts Robbo in in the corner regardless.

Watch him run a terrible line in the first half that bombs a probably try. He ends up 5m ahead of the play in front of Stewart.

There was also a one moment in the second half where he got turned completely inside out and ended up completing a full circle.

Face it, the guy looks totally lost. HE WILL NOT LEARN THIS NATURAL POSITIONING. He just doesn't have it.

He either plays on the wing or he doesn't play at all. Simple.

T Rex wont play in the backs when we are at full strength. The backline picks itself. He will cover injuries in the backs I doubt we can afford to have him on the bench either and keep out guys like Robinson, Harrison or Mauro. Buhrer is going to play Rodney or Joe out of the backrow. At full strength this will probably be the team

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14. Rose
15. Galuvao
16. Rodney
17. Harrison

mickqld link said:
T Rex wont play in the backs when we are at full strength. The backline picks itself. He will cover injuries in the backs I doubt we can afford to have him on the bench either and keep out guys like Robinson, Harrison or Mauro. Buhrer is going to play Rodney or Joe out of the backrow. At full strength this will probably be the team

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14. Rose
15. Galuvao
16. Rodney
17. Harrison

T-Rex in for Harrison & you're probs right.

The big question is will we ever see a full strength Manly team again?

On this very forum Matai was given incessant bagging every week exactly like this for coming out of the line leaving huge gaps, no idea of positional play, etc, etc, etc

On this very forum Lyon was given incessant bagging every week exactly like this for not being a five-eighth, most over-rated player in the game, unable to set up players, hugely over-priced, etc, etc, etc

Habitual malcontents always need a target, the hunger never leaves.

The only thing proven here by the incessant negative bagging is the character of the baggers.

Chuck link said:
The T-Rex apologists are hilarious. I agree he wasn't at fault for the defensive misses that led to tries however........

The offload to Foran for the try - gees if he draws and passes like a proper first grader he puts Robbo in in the corner regardless.

Watch him run a terrible line in the first half that bombs a probably try. He ends up 5m ahead of the play in front of Stewart.

There was also a one moment in the second half where he got turned completely inside out and ended up completing a full circle.

Face it, the guy looks totally lost. HE WILL NOT LEARN THIS NATURAL POSITIONING. He just doesn't have it.

He either plays on the wing or he doesn't play at all. Simple.

Don’t bother calling me hilarious just because I don’t agree with your opinion. Thanks.

Have a look at a couple of the Roosters' tries. There was one player in particular who gave away a penalty that lead to their 1st, and then makes a pathetic arm grab attempt on Carney. Again a try results. Where are the posters lining up to hammer him? I'm just pointing out that Williams' flaws are a focus, whereas others get a free pass.

And I don’t think that his effort in setting up Foran should be underestimated. He doesn't just draw and pass. He holds SKD off and slips a nice under the arm ball for the try (a beautiful offload Sterling called it). SKD is considered by some to be the best centre in the game. Williams toyed with him in that particular movement.

However I do agree with you that he should be either wing or in the forwards. The fact he got lost at at times while playing in an unfamiliar position is not isolated to him. Remember the flack Robbo copped when he played fullback?

I apologise for being negative after a really, really good win. But I’m just defending one of our own who, because he didn’t play the perfect game, is being targeted unmercifully.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300629028[/time]

Duff link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=186980.msg325506#msg325506 date=1300627432]

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14. Rose
15. Galuvao
16. Rodney
17. Harrison

T-Rex in for Harrison & you're probs right.

The big question is will we ever see a full strength Manly team again?
[/quote]
Rex link said:
On this very forum Matai was given incessant bagging every week exactly like this for coming out of the line leaving huge gaps, no idea of positional play, etc, etc, etc

On this very forum Lyon was given incessant bagging every week exactly like this for not being a five-eighth, most over-rated player in the game, unable to set up players, hugely over-priced, etc, etc, etc

Habitual malcontents always need a target, the hunger never leaves.

The only thing proven here by the incessant negative bagging is the character of the baggers.

Really well said

Chuck link said:

Have another look at the video, 51st minute, and you'll see that you are far off the mark Chuck.  Perrett had Robinson totally covered, and  SK-Dowell would've also had him covered if TRex passed because all players were sprinting towards the increasingly narrow sideline.  Put it in slow-mo and you'll see how masterfully TRex played with SKD, turning him inside, holding him off and coolly slipping the perfect ball underneath to Foran for a guaranteed try.  Like you, I missed that mastery with the first couple of viewings.  That try got us the lead and won us the game.  The other things that apparently got your goat in the game were small stuff indeed.  Merdy has got it right 100%. 

Looking forward to TRex getting his shot in the forwards, but his versatility means he's putting out backline injury/suspension spot fires at the moment in positions that seemingly don't best suit his attributes. I think we're all looking forward to Lyon & Matai returning for that to happen.

Way to play the man and not the point, Rex.

If you don't have rebuttals to a decent point, it looks pretty weak to attack the guy with the opinion.

I'd love to be proven wrong about Tony like those Matai critics you bang on about, but just because people here have criticized someone before who turned out good doesn't mean it's true for every player that gets criticized.

Fact is, he is a passenger at centre, below par on the wing, and untested in the pack. I'd like him to play up front before totally writing him off, but we have better wingers and centers at the club than this guy.

Now I wait for the genius post where you replace Williams' name with my own. How clever!

mickqld link said:

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14. Rose
15. Galuvao
16. Rodney
17. Harrison

I'm not sure Wolfman picks himself on the wing.  I think it will take quite some time for him to get close to his best.  I would put Hoppa in there.  He has made the step up to first grade almost look easy, which doesn't happen very often.

codewana link said:

I love having T Rex in the team and I am serious. I firmly believe the positive outweigh the negatives. I hope he signs a life long contract at manly if for no other reason than to p#ss the likes of you off. Go. T Rex!

Leave T-REX alone..  I dont see any of you on the field, he played injured and he is only filling in that position until we have our regulars Lyon and Matai back in their, He came to the club to be in the forwards however he hasnt had that opportunity because of our injury toll since 2008.. Geez give the guy a break.

Go Hard T-REX

I reckon wait till he comes in the forawrd pack and he will in about 7 weeks time when we should have a our full strenght team...

That pass from Pearce was a cracker, not one player in the Nrl could have stopped that try and the sidestep at pace from SKD was also very hard to stop. Just saying!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8