Trash T-Rex the Terrible

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana link said:
Fact is, he is a passenger at centre, below par on the wing, and untested in the pack. I'd like him to play up front before totally writing him off, but we have better wingers and centers at the club than this guy.

It's not fact at all, it's just your opinion.

Fair call - it's not a fact. It is true that he is untested in the forwards though.

If he signed for Manly for life I won't mind if he plays better than he has in the past. You may argue that in blinded by his errors but to me it sounds like you're blinded by some of his positives.

This issue reminds me of the below flow chart (hopefully it copies across - I'm using an iPhone). If there's no changing the other peoples' minds, there's no point in running around in circles on this. Only Tony can make me think differently and for a couple of years now he's failed to do so. Why is it so hard to state your opinion here without your character being attacked?

http://www.jamespegram.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/discussion-flow-chart.jpg

Look at it this way I suppose, Trex will nearly be one of the 1st players picked every week by Des he is the coach & knows what he is doing more than us grandstand coaches

Chuck link said:
The T-Rex apologists are hilarious. I agree he wasn't at fault for the defensive misses that led to tries however........

The offload to Foran for the try - gees if he draws and passes like a proper first grader he puts Robbo in in the corner regardless.

He either plays on the wing or he doesn't play at all. Simple.
Wtf are you on about??
You say he has no positional sense but we use him as a winger???
How about off the bench as an impact player -  this is what most feel is his main place - he is playing where he is due to several key injuries.
To put Robbo in the corner as you claim he would needed more pace to draw in the opposition winger so he played to his strength & size by cutting back - holding up the outside man & hitting Foran on the wrap - perfect play.
Cant believe you are anylising tries to see if we could have scored them in a better way....& knocking the people involved......no idea.

jeez where do you ladies buy your handbags?

Can't we just bask in the glory for one week and celebrate what was a great win. Sure Trex made a couple of mistakes, but who gives a ****, we won.

In my opinion his mistakes were evened up by the good things he done, which was score a try and brilliantly set up one.

Let's talk abut how good it was seeing Brett chiming in on those second man plays that he is famous for. That's what was getting me excited.

eagle-rock08 link said:
Hey Dan this should be moved to the whinge area.

I think the settings on both Ryan's and Codewana (if he is codeman from the old forum) should be altered so that the whinge forum is the only forum they can post in because they seem to do little else.

What shock Bones -  can't hack it when someone doesn't think the same way as you. No one is asking you to read my posts.

silvertail link said:
Third big error - with 10 to go and a 10 point lead, he picks a player off the ground and gives a silly penalty away after his team mates do a lot of hard work in defense. No wonder that  Brian Smith changed his bench to target him.

Try having a look at the video. 

1.  TRex never picked the player off the ground.  He slammed him into it.

2.  TRex didn't give away the penalty.  The penalty was against Watmough, that's clearly who the referee pointed to.

3.  The changing of the Roosters bench was a reflection of TRex's success, not his failure.  Shawn Kenny-Dowall was hooked by Brian Smith because he was judged not up to it - according to Smith.  And Smith said he wished he'd hooked him ten minutes earlier. That's a bit like Bellamy saying he hooked Cam Smith because he was judged not up to it. Seems Brian Smith, unlike you, saw the fool TRex made of SKD with his pass to Foran.

So the entirety of your whinge is that TRex was one of the defenders unsuccessful in stopping two Roosters tries, and he dropped a ball.  But yes, if you've already made your mind up about TRex, or some other player, then you will only see what you believe.

Agreed Rex.  The thing is, posters feel he should do better and I guess it's because he's such a big individual.  Sure his defense isn't that great, but neither is the Wolfman's, and he made a few clangers in defense on Sunday.  It's just that the expectations are greater with the bigger man.  One has to balance his weaknesses with his strengths, and on Sunday he scored a try and gave another to Foran.  Not a bad effort for mine.   

That wrap around with Foz was a worked move. They tried it early but it didn't come off.

Nobody's perfect....everyone makes mistakes.

codewana link said:
What shock Bones -  can't hack it when someone doesn't think the same way as you. No one is asking you to read my posts.

I remember your 2008 posts well, regarding David Williams and Steve Bell's side of the field.  The defence on that side wasn't up to it etc. Ended up with egg on your face as usual. You proved with those ridiculous comments that you have no idea and you are showing it again.
T Rex is 20 years old. Show me a 20 year old playing first grade who doesn't make 3 or  4 errors a game.

Without TRex, with a reserve grade centre instead, I believe the Roosters still score through Mitchell Pearce's pass and another through SKD's step.  And without TRex, Perritt makes the tackle that stops Manly's first try, and SKD stops the Foran try.  

Without TRex yesterday (given Matai & Lyon & Whare were out), Manly lose. Pretty simple equation really.

One thing is not in dispute, Tony is one of the most phenomenal polarisers of opinion in rugby league.

My only problem with him on Sunday was that he didn't go looking for work often enough. You could see this at the ground. The ankle injury could be the reason.

I still think his contribution to the team outweighs his deficiencies. If we are at full strength he's an impact player off the bench or not in the 17. In the meantime (ie: the last 13 months) he continues to provoke the most forum inches of any player.

Rex link said:
Without TRex, with a reserve grade centre instead, I believe the Roosters still score through Mitchell Pearce's pass and another through SKD's step.  And without TRex, Perritt makes the tackle that stops Manly's first try, and SKD stops the Foran try.  

Without TRex yesterday (given Matai & Lyon & Whare were out), Manly lose. Pretty simple equation really.

Exactly right Rex.

Rex I get what you are saying. But with Matai and Lyon fit, as well as Wolfman and Robbo fit, where do you put TREX?

Especially with players like Harrison, Robinson and Bhurer all putting their hands up for a spot

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6