Trash T-Rex the Terrible

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stupid thread full of stupid posts.

Stupid%2BPeople.jpg

I thought that Des had a plan for T-Rex to become a " Mr Fix it " this year.  There are not to many teams in the NRL that can field a bench player that can play front row, back row, centre and wing.  Not to mention he played alot of 5/8 for the SCSE.  He is also a pretty handy goal kicker.  In fact he probably offers more to the side in utilisation than most of the other players.  T-Rex has become the new Bailey i'm afraid.  I think i'll go with what Des reckons.

Read the text
Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=186980.msg325942#msg325942 date=1300703818]
Stupid thread full of stupid posts.

Stupid%2BPeople.jpg

Way to add to the conversation and attempt to take it to another level.
[/quote]read the text & have a think - take a few minutes & then reply.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300705956[/time]

PS: Try not to look at the nice bunny.

I can see why a whole lot of fans think T doesn't have the footie nous or the drive to be in the strating line-up. But at only 20 he still has a way to go. I doubt Des will drop him and will make a prediction: He will be MOTM in the future and we may even have another Ryan-style poll for those who have mercilessly bagged him.

You forget how young he is sometimes because he is so big.  Maybe it is that youth that makes him appear less hungry than the other players.  He may very well be a superstar one day (I think there is a good chance he will be), but imo his performances to date have shown that he is not yet ready for first grade and we paid too much for him.

I'd love to be wrong about him, and if he starts performing to the high standard we Manly fans have come to expect, I'll be first to put my hand up and say I was wrong. In fact, I remember last season he had a really good game and I didn't feel it was hypocritical to praise him. I just wish we'd get some decent (and positive) consistency from him.

Unfortunately I just don't think that consistency will come while he is playing in the backline.

"mozgrame:
I thought that Des had a plan for T-Rex to become a " Mr Fix it " this year.  There are not to many teams in the NRL that can field a bench player that can play front row, back row, centre and wing.  Not to mention he played alot of 5/8 for the SCSE.  He is also a pretty handy goal kicker.  In fact he probably offers more to the side in utilisation than most of the other players. "

Moz, I think this is a really good point that to be honest I haven't seriously considered. I wonder what will happen when he gets a position to call his own.

The big fella played hurt and is in doubt for this week, Wolf was also hurt in the warm up but played after treatment.

He will do me until we get some of our backs back, doubt there are any players that would like to defend against him.

"BErKeLEy_eAgLe:
the real test will be when Lyon & Matai  return
who do you drop to keep Trex in the 17"

If we persist with him, he'd have to be a bench player as either a forward or a forward with the potential to be a utility.
I'm more concerned with how Hoppa fits into the team. That kid has talent and heart!

Bones link said:
[quote ]

IMO his performances to date have shown that he is not yet ready for first grade and we paid too much for him.

How much did we pay for him?
[/quote]
From memory he's on 175k per season...contract expires this year.

I can't understand the bagging of the Big Guy.  He scores trys, sets them up, and is reasonable in defense.  Just what do people want?  He's less fragile than D Williams, who incidentally got caught out defensively a number of times on Sunday, one of which led to a rorters try and another time nearly did but for Robbo.  He's young, so get off his back.  And the thing about him looking like he doesn't care,  so does young Hoppa, and no one bags him.     

Utility Player link said:
The big fella played hurt

Exactly.

From what I could see on Sunday, Trex was struggling because of the ankle sprain.  He did very well to tough it out and stay on the field.  I've done my ankle many times and I know how painful it can be to run on it after it's been injured.  This is why his defense was so bad as it was extremely difficult for him to move laterally.  Straight line movement would have been ok.  This is why he had no chance against SKD when he stepped around him.  It was lucky the Rorters did not realise how bad Trex's ankle was or else the scoreline coud have been very different.

Rex link said:
Without TRex yesterday (given Matai & Lyon & Whare were out), Manly lose. Pretty simple equation really.

WOW! Now that's putting a positive spin on things.

I am not sure Rex is down with internet memes, he only knows nonsensical and irrelevant sayings, he reminds me of a high school history or geography teacher, who longed to be in the English department

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9