Travis to leave?? re J Lyons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ok Cliffy, its a simple question, would you rather bank on Jamie Lyon, with 100 NRL games 100 ESL games, not sure how many test matches and origin games to adapt to playing 5/8 in NRL after 2 seasons of 5/8 in ESL( including playter of the year awards in that position)

or Travis after 10 first grade games ?

5/8 has changes so much in the last few years since say the days of cliffy, its now a place for a ball running second rower like Fittler/Anasta/Hill etc especially outside a skillfull half back.
im all for lyon coming to the club, but i dont think hes 100% of handling 5/8 others do.

If he does and it works great but i just dont like the idea of yet again building another half and 5/8 combo we have done it every year since cliffy retired in 1998-9.

Lyon & Bell are both right centres.
Lyon has played a fair bit at 5/8 with St Helens.

RLW reported recently that the Tigers were keen to make Travis Burns a decent offer.

If we get Lyon , I'd prefer to keep Travis Burns & release Matai who I believe is still a weakness in defence.

[quote author=ChuckWood]

RLW reported recently that the Tigers were keen to make Travis Burns a decent offer.
What? ..... They want a 5/8 that can tackle????

[/quote]

last time that happened Mick Neil was still playing with them...

Hicks is delusional if he regards himself as a potential 5/8. If the thing is getting Lyon, keep Burns, turn him into hooker, off-load Matai, can't pass, can't tackle, Dunley, penalty prone, King, way to soft and Willo, one-dimensional. How much money is that?

Hicks is delusional if he regards himself as a potential 5/8. If the thing is getting Lyon, keep Burns, turn him into hooker, off-load Matai, can't pass, can't tackle, Dunley, penalty prone, King, way to soft and Willo, one-dimensional. How much money is that?
Gee, just get rid of the whole team and sit back and say, " We are rebuliding at this stage". Heard that **** too often.
What do you do with Monas if you stick Burns to hooker. Do you want to get rid of him too???

I think the idea Earl was to play Monas and Burns in a similar way to Monas Dunley this year.

I agree with your other comment that we cant just offload everyone else.

Have a feeling if we get Lyon there won't be room for Burns.

Burns would be great to replace Dunley off the bench as hooker but doubt Burns would be happy with that.

Also unfortunately Dunley has another year on his contract and he seems to be a favourite.

I think the idea Earl was to play Monas and Burns in a similar way to Monas Dunley this year.

I agree with your other comment that we cant just offload everyone else.

i get your point.
still they are both potentially 80 minute players. Seems a waste.

Thanks earl, no you're right, just keep everybody and have the points deducted at the end of the year when we're a zillion dollars overspent. the fact is that Dunley, King and Williamson are not up to it and won't be next year, or the year after, if they ever were.

Thanks earl, no you're right, just keep everybody and have the points deducted at the end of the year when we're a zillion dollars overspent. the fact is that Dunley, King and Williamson are not up to it and won't be next year, or the year after, if they ever were.
What you want to do is get rid of 4 players to gain one. that will work.NOT.
where did i state that we should keep all 4 and still buy more players. all i was aying is that you cant offload everyone at once.Zillion???? Interesting number.Used by people who cannot comprehend the numerical system.

Thanks Earl. Tell me. Can King, Dunley, matai or Willo be replaced by the other boneheads we have. I certainly think so. Where's the imperitive or the sense in keeping duds?

[quote author=DSM5]
What you want to do is get rid of 4 players to gain one. that will work.NOT.
where did i state that we should keep all 4 and still buy more players. all i was aying is that you cant offload everyone at once.Zillion???? Interesting number.Used by people who cannot comprehend the numerical system.

[/quote]

disagree. the players mentioned (excluding King) are getting towards the end of their careers and imo offer little. By clearing these guys out we can upgrade others contracts, ie Burns then bring up some young players into the squad who will not be on much as they are not yet proven to take the places of the Dunleys and Willows etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6