Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trent Barrett sounds very impressive.

I know winning is everything however I am struggling to deal with what the club has done to Matt Ballin. I just love the bloke and I can't believe he won't get a proper farewell etc.

He does speak well, but that don't win premierships. I really hope he has a great year ( premiership ) cause we have let some legends in toovs and ballin go for his sake. Big shoes to fill and I really hope for us and all of the manly team he proves his worth. I am prepared to give him full support, just hoping he repays the true manly way.

Sounds impressive. What struck me, and it's not a bad thing, was that this job is a big step in the career of Trent Barrett. Both of our previous coaches stepped up to coach when their club needed them whereas this has been a carefully plotted trajectory. A different approach for our third consecutive first time first grade coach.
Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
Sounds impressive. What struck me, and it's not a bad thing, was that this job is a big step in the career of Trent Barrett. Both of our previous coaches stepped up yo coach when their club needed them vagus has been a carefully plotted trajectory. A different approach for our third consecutive first time first grade coach.
Fingers crossed!!
Step up but the club have given him the resources and players to succeed.

Honestly I know hes a Dragon, its hard to get your head around it. I know hes a rookie coach and all. But he strikes me as a guy who will do what it takes to get a result.

I love tooves. I have my copy of the 1997 arl handbook with him on the cover still.

I just cant see my favourite manly man of all time having made the decisions that so far barrett and co have managed to make (and im actually getting well pumped for the coming season because of). Maybe hes just too nice and maybe a little too old skool to relate to the modern cut throat-edness? of modern League.

Barrett strikes me as a very adept operator based on the direction the squad is heading in and the comments that he has made so far.

As I have said elsewhere, I think he needs at least 2 years to prove himself (or be exposed as a pretender), but early signs are that he is the clean slate that the club needs and has an astute football brain. I think next year's squad looks 10000000x better than this year's.

And if BK could become a Manly legend after spending most of his career at Canberra and Newcastle, I don't see why Barrett can't become a Manly legend as a coach.

Barrett strikes me as a very adept operator based on the direction the squad is heading in and the comments that he has made so far.

As I have said elsewhere, I think he needs at least 2 years to prove himself (or be exposed as a pretender), but early signs are that he is the clean slate that the club needs and has an astute football brain. I think next year's squad looks 10000000x better than this year's.

And if BK could become a Manly legend after spending most of his career at Canberra and Newcastle, I don't see why Barrett can't become a Manly legend as a coach.
Toovey - manly legend was punted after one lousy season... You think Barrett is Teflon..
Barrett has a much better side on paper - a lot is expected of this team.. The fans were harsh on tooves so I'd expect them to go to town if we struggle in 2016. Not that I expect us to have a season like this year.

He's not an Illawarra boy at all. From the country. I'm from the area and he wasn't the most liked player in his time so maybe being hated will help him fit in with us lol

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8