• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to hear this stuff being said and we haven't even started the season yet. Not having Lodge and Sipley for a while could be telling, anyway, we'll see how we go

Even more disappointing when said poster personally calls out other posters for one or two negative posts, in the tail end of last season when it was going to ****, then declares a hiatus due to negative posting......then has the hide to be negative himself before the new season even fkn starts.

I'm not surprised @Mark from Brisbane had a break for a while from here.

There were times last year that it felt like some posters were more concerned with playing the man, instead of the ball...

I almost brought it up at the time, cause I thought it was pretty poor form, but didn't.

Have you noticed there's other long-term posters that either don't post at all anymore, or not as much?

@Woodsie is one that comes to mind.

Not having a dig at you @mave - I generally like reading your contributions.

Just the tone on the site the past year was...tricky, at times....not winning doesn't help, but it was more than that.

Hoping a relatively quiet off-season will bring back posters feeling refreshed, and perhaps with a little more goodwill towards others.

Now, if we can just win the first few games...

There were times last year that it felt like some posters were more concerned with playing the man, instead of the ball...

I almost brought it up at the time, cause I thought it was pretty poor form, but didn't.

Have you noticed there's other long-term posters that either don't post at all anymore, or not as much?

Just the tone on the site the past year was...tricky, at times....not winning doesn't help, but it was more than that.

Hoping a relatively quiet off-season will bring back posters feeling refreshed, and perhaps with a little more goodwill towards others.

Well, said poster called me out before his little hiatus, for a couple of negative posts of mine.

Now that Mark is back , he can answer for himself.

And we wonder why Woodsie doesn't contribute anymore?.......

To be honest , I’m considering walking away for good ( after 15 years ), I think Woodsie has done so already. It’s become way too personal.

I had a 5 month break , and it’s “ here we go again “ after just a few weeks.

There’s so many that have left over the years for this very reason.

Some obviously get enjoyment trying to intimidate people , that’s not my style.

Anyway , I’ll pull back for a bit , maybe post occasionally and see what happens.

To be honest , I’m considering walking away for good ( after 15 years ), I think Woodsie has done so already. It’s become way too personal.

Anyway , I’ll pull back for a bit , maybe post occasionally and see what happens.

Absolute hypocrisy ....

Your actions last year made me, and continue to make me not want to continue to participate in this forum.

I like reading your posts Mark.

I was chatting with @Ryan about your treatment a while ago. Felt you were being picked on, and that it was wearing you down. Then you took the break and wished I had spoken up.

Do what's best for you, but I hope you keep posting.

Absolute hypocrisy ....

Your actions last year made me, and continue to make me not want to continue to participate in this forum.

Mate, come on, we are all a community. No matter what happens, we are all in this together. It's a pretty chewed up world out there, let's just have each other's backs as Manly fans, hey? More specifically , a forum community as well.

After watching all trial games, pleasantly surprised with Burbo, Brown, Humphreys, and Faulalo.

My prediction for our best 2024 line-up, with first up replacements is:

Trbojevic
Saab
Koula (Talau)
Garrick (Faulalo)
Paulo

Brooks
Cherry-Evans (Arthur)

Lodge
Croker
Trbojevic
Ola'akautu (Parker)
Trbojevic (Schuster)
Brown (Navale)

Lawton (Humphreys)
Paseka (Sipley), (Uesele)
Aloiai (Woods)
Bullemor (Waddell)
2024 needs to be Paseka's breakout year. He should be one of our starting props each week.
I still think Schuster will come good this season, and if he does he will be a starting backrower. If he doesn't come good, Ben Trbojeviv will take his spot. I can't find room in my best 17 for Aloiai or Sipley at this stage. This, of course, is somewhat dependent on how Brown goes at lock. I think our pack will match most others this season. Let's not write them off before round one.

Paseka
Croker
J. Trbojevic
Ola'akautu
Schuster/B. Trbojevic
Brown

Lawton
B. Trbojevic/Schuster
Lodge
Bullemor

Mate, come on, we are all a community. No matter what happens, we are all in this together. It's a pretty chewed up world out there, let's just have each other's backs as Manly fans, hey? More specifically , a forum community as well.

Now, I'm down with that.

Maybe the Sook from Brisbane could take a leaf......

What has this forum become? When I first found out about this forum many years ago and started reading all the great posts and how everyone used to talk about the games and have fun, I immediately joined up as a proud silvertail wanting to become part of this ' family '. It's now turning into personal attacks almost. Can we just get back to talking footy and appreciate everyone's opinions. Not everyone will agree with everyone but as Manly supporters, let's support each other. 🥰🦅
Bozo this is where you come in....

Think Woodsie liked the too and fro tbh Mark. Woodsie liked throwing out the bait and plenty took the bite.

Now, I'm down with that.

Maybe the Sook from Brisbane could take a leaf......
Hey @mave , firstly I hope all is well in your part of the world As Priority is our wellbeing . All of our posters wellbeing including long time posters like @Mark from Brisbane , @Woodsie and @Ryan to name a few that add character to our forum
Our forums character is based on all different posters characteristics .
Forums are made from posters passions and passions fuel emotions and in the heat of the moment we can all get carried away . Thats Human Natures way .
Some of us are more sensitive than others , Some of us are more articulate than others , some of us have better people skills , some of us are optimistic and others and pessimistic and most of us have an ego that starts friendly fire on here .
We are all on here because we all love Manly and we are all on the same side of Us Manly against the them . Them are all our NRL opposition supporters that are against us .
We are all Manly people together in the same bunker fighting for the same Manly cause
We are all on the same side The Mighty Manly side .
1708851666927.png

Last edited:
Hey @mave , firstly I hope all is well in your part of the world As Priority is our wellbeing . All of our posters wellbeing including long time posters like @Mark from Brisbane , @Woodsie and @Ryan to name a few that add character to our forum
Forums are made from posters passions and passions fuel emotions and in the heat of the moment we can all get carried away . Thats Human Natures way .
Some of us are more sensitive than others , Some of us are more articulate than others , some of us have better people skills , some of us are optimistic and others and pessimistic and most of us have an ego that starts friendly fire on here .
We are all on here because we all love Manly and we are all on the same side of Us Manly against the them . Them are all our NRL opposition supporters that are against us .
We are all Manly people together in the same bunker fighting for the same Manly cause
View attachment 26102

Aren't you the poster that literally threatened to knock my front teeth out a couple of years ago?

Can I add you to the Hypocrisy list?

View attachment 26102
Yikes !!...the only thing you're fueling Bozo, is a 5 litre can of Kero into the fire..

This right here, well said @Ryan, I could not agree more.

So long as there are sqEels and their fans in this world we Manly fans don't need to waste energy hitting out at each other!

I have been thinking of @Woodsie and hope he comes back soon. I have no doubt that he like I is mourning the loss of The Great Man Keppie. But that I guess is our modern game mate.....

Just if that Manly forward"s effort against a still well rated Roosters pack was any indication in that recent trial , would be more on the positive side that a largely full strength Manly pack available this season can do well .
And that Manly forward line up did of course not include Haumole , Jake or Croker and best case future outcome with Shuster as well .
Have to take into account injuries have really cruelled any prospect of Manly regularly fielding their best pack for a couple of seasons now .
Bully , Haumole , Paseka , Burbo and even Croker are hardly on the slow side or age working against them .
Big hope also of course Brown being able to perform well as a 13 and adding a bit more thrust on the offensive side . Shuster , Burbo and Parker consolidating the back row with Haumole and some good back up for Froggy also, another necessity really .

Would seem so much better when there are the occasional skirmishes or more accentuated difference of opinion to ideally take note of Ryan"s outlook and just try to downplay any differences [ or perceived ]
Really on the overall sense of importance and scale of things and benefit and interest that all posters can contribute on here , again real shame that some discussions get to the stage of causing some fiction on whatever level .
Seen quite a few passionate and good contributors over time just pull up stumps over what really should be just short term and really insignificant sense of grievances .
Realistically and just like any other community social form , can never be largely one big happy family engaging but again as Ryan and others have stressed , great if largely pulling in the one direction for a proud Manly footy club

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8