Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think that this should be a very interesting hit out for the squad and especially gauging the form level and progress of most of the new additions in particular .
Hodgson [ who Siebs seems to have a good opinion of] Talau [ who i have not seen much of previously ] Faulalo who now looks to being groomed as a centre prospect .
Also have not seen much of Paulo but looks to have a bit going for him
Young verus Vaega , quite a contrast in playing style there . Wakeman looks like he has been quite involved with training team plays in the off season .
Just how well Condon and Brown have stepped up and well to hopefully continue . Lawton given a shot at managing a 9 role again and against some quality opposition .
Only a trial in essence of course but again would seem some fairly intriguing individual performances to definitely take note off . And Woodsy on the bench , well hope that he also can have a decent crack

Should have also included how the Shu can ideally show something really worthwhile adjusting to an edge role again .
Only an initial hit out for him but naturally also a bit of expectation and hope that he play at a decent level in the main .

Ray is a good club man and a competent winger but Paulo on last weeks trial has him done for speed and he can kick goals if required.

Paulo looks like he's selected on the left again, in which case he'll mark Young.
Possibly a clue that Paulo is ahead of Vaega at this stage.
I will assume Ray will go after him, thats his style. While i dont think ray is in his class, young will know he has played a game.

looking fwd to this match up. The competition and some confidence may see ray surprise a few. What he lacks in speed he more than makes up for in attitude and willingness to compete both physically and mentally

I will assume Ray will go after him, thats his style. While i dont think ray is in his class, young will know he has played a game.

looking fwd to this match up. The competition and some confidence may see ray surprise a few. What he lacks in speed he more than makes up for in attitude and willingness to compete both physically and mentally
i meant I'm expecting Ray on our right wing to oppose Tupou on the Chooks left wing, and Paulo v Young to be on the other side. Could be wrong!

Think that this should be a very interesting hit out for the squad and especially gauging the form level and progress of most of the new additions in particular .
Hodgson [ who Siebs seems to have a good opinion of] Talau [ who i have not seen much of previously ] Faulalo who now looks to being groomed as a centre prospect .
Young verus Vaega , quite a contrast in playing style there . Wakeman looks like he has been quite involved with training team plays in the off season .
Just how well Condon and Brown have stepped up and well to hopefully continue . Lawton given a shot at managing a 9 role again and against some quality opposition .
Only a trial in essence of course but again would seem some fairly intriguing individual performances to definitely take note off . And Woodsy on the bench , well hope that he also can have a decent crack
I think Lawton is the really interesting one for me. Seibs throwing him at 9 ahead of the other guys looks like a "well, show me if you've got what it takes to keep the young blokes in the background - here's your chance" Obviously I could be over reading this but given he was almost out the door, I think Seibs still thinks he has something to offer and wants to see it. That bench spot as a back up to Crokes is certainly up for grabs.

I'm hoping Woodsy keeps his shorts done up tightly so I don't have to see whether that part of his anatomy is decent or not. Speaking of Woodsy, I haven't seen a @Woodsie poll of any kind yet??

I'm excited about this match. Roosters have a top side going out to start with. It will give us chance to check some of our contention positions.
On the Schuster front I think we must have patience. Even if he plays a second string role. I expect that in the future he will be the difference getting us across the line. He is one of the X factor players.

I think Lawton is the really interesting one for me. Seibs throwing him at 9 ahead of the other guys looks like a "well, show me if you've got what it takes to keep the young blokes in the background - here's your chance" Obviously I could be over reading this but given he was almost out the door, I think Seibs still thinks he has something to offer and wants to see it. That bench spot as a back up to Crokes is certainly up for grabs.
I see it as Humphrey's and GCKT having a shootout for the 14. So Siebs saying "go out there off the bench and show me how you impact the game".

I think Lawton is a place holder

I see it as Humphrey's and GCKT having a shootout for the 14. So Siebs saying "go out there off the bench and show me how you impact the game".

I think Lawton is a place holder
Yeah, you're probably right. It felt like a left field move from Seibs when I first saw it.

Never experienced such a build up for a trial… Can’t wait for the Vegas game…
Yes despite not recruiting a bunch of superstars, this year has a certain feel to it.

The feel I get is there’s the obvious slotted in already , but many of the spots are still up for grabs, and will continue to be up for grabs until the person chosen locks it down and says “ piss off everyone else this is mine now “.

There could be lots of shuffling around for the first 5-6 games.

Agree. I would say that seibs sees both the young fellas as bench only options at this stage so that’s why they will start on the pine.

Manly Media reporting that the Roosters trial game wont be televised. Pretty sure Foxtel have the rights to do the pre-season comp and show every game live.

Manly Media reporting that the Roosters trial game wont be televised. Pretty sure Foxtel have the rights to do the pre-season comp and show every game live.
The NRL site has a "watch on Kayo" box next to get tickets if that's any help??

I'm hoping Woodsy keeps his shorts done up tightly so I don't have to see whether that part of his anatomy is decent or not. Speaking of Woodsy, I haven't seen a @Woodsie poll of any kind yet??
Very perceptive [ on the poll concept but not Woodsy "s anatomy so to s[eak ]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8