Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We conceded 4 try’s from silly mistakes, Woods poor play the ball, Ray Ray’s dropped bomb, Diaz’s mistake from the restart and Wakehams dropped ball at the end. Take those 4 out of the game and its razor close, so all in all there are more positives to take from this game than negatives given the strength of both sides

We conceded 4 try’s from silly mistakes, Woods poor play the ball, Ray Ray’s dropped bomb, Diaz’s mistake from the restart and Wakehams dropped ball at the end. Take those 4 out of the game and its razor close, so all in all there are more positives to take from this game than negatives given the strength of both sides
Paseka error led to a try too

According to some, there wasn't much in the tsckle, Sips might get a let off.
I don't think there was too much in it, however, the Manly loading will apply. If anything a fine should be sufficient. Even Robo was saying Dom was fine in the dressing room and the brace was precautionary to get him to be seen quicker in hospital.

I mean, not one I'll jump up and down on but looked to me that he clipped his chin

While I respect your opinion and you're entitled to give it, to me if one of our boys did that same tackle and got penalised for it, I'd be pissed.

Starting to think this will be round 1 team

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Joxson Paulo
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Ben Trbojevic
13.Nathan Brown

14.Josh Aloiai
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Toafofoa Sipley
17.Gordon Chan Kum Tong/Jamie Humphreys
Pretty close I'd say. Schuster is no chance at the moment. He's either struggling with injury or struggling with commitment. He's supposedly playing next weekend vs the Donkeys but I'd bet money he won't be seen for several weeks or even months just like start of last year.

Pretty close I'd say. Schuster is no chance at the moment. He's either struggling with injury or struggling with commitment. He's supposedly playing next weekend vs the Donkeys but I'd bet money he won't be seen for several weeks or even months just like start of last year.
It's hard to disagree with this tbh, Schuster desperately needs to play in this low grade trial game and show us what he's all about not only for himself but to the legions of fans who actually believe in him.

Plus when you consider we bombed two dead set tries, that result could have been quite an achievement against an almost full strength Roosters. I was pretty impressed actually with our overall performance and with some individual performances. Nathan Brown I think just played himself into the 17 if not the 13 and Burbo picked up where he left off last week. I also thought Sips and Paseka had reasonable games and will only get better with match fitness. Bullemore impresses each time I see him play. Good position with our forward strength this year and I think this will lay the foundation for the best backline in the comp to blow opposition teams off the park!!

That's correct, but what is the actual rule, just standing there or blocking a defender, cos there's no way the deep 2nd marker was blocked, he went for the kicker as soon as the ball cleared the ruck, Brown was nowhere near him
It's a great rule and just unfortunate that some unwitting Manly fans only found out about it when it cost a try (in a fricking trial though guys- save some of the passion for the rest of the season). If you ever watched any of Nathan Cleary's 'delectably satanic' (that's my Ginane The Dribbler impression) bombs closely you will notice he always has Yeo blocking the tuck and at least another player standing a little wider, forward of the attacking line (as the pass goes deeper than the advantage line).

It is like everything though and I fear these spineless referees will only call it when it's reviewed at the play the ball after a try scoring play.

It is very clear that Woods will be an NRL option when injures strikes
That was made clear by our club
I would rather have that cap invested in a exciting young player

I have been a Proud club Manly Member and Part of the Winning Manly teams that I have proudly supported and have seen what it takes to win Grand finals
But perspective is a wonderful thing and it is obvious we all see different things
There is no point in going around in circles
Enjoy the evening feathered fiend
Not in the 30, not in the development squad , don’t know the exact rules but I don’t think he can play until after the end of June and only then with dispensation.

Very much doubt we’ll see much of Woodsie in 2024 other than at Blacktown

Solid hit out. A few of the young guys had a dig. Mostly steady as you goes approach. fair enough too
humpries looks a good player, same kind of mould as croker. We could do with a 9 that has that crisp long pass off the ruck. The extra time that buys forwards is gold

liked the energy of sykes. Dias went at his work with vigour. A few errors or overshoots but liked his approach . nathan brown was very busy. Loving the look of his efforts and what he brings to our 17

the outside backs all went pretty good overall. Respect for parker but glad he wont be needed out wide.

Lawman looks to behind the times at Manly. Maybe his game time and VC is about showcasing him and still trying to move him on

For me it was far more competitive than I expected it to be.
(& than Roosters thought it would be too)
Nathan Brown worked hard in the heat. (Needs to be in the 17 for mine.)
Humphreys reads the game well & has skills, will only improve with game time.
Winger Ray, still hits & chats. (& that flick pass : )
Overall - good effort.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8