Troubled Titans star Greg Bird could find a new home with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't believe we would even be considering signing an experienced backrower to help lead a young forward pack. It turned out so terribly with that "old, past it, over rated hack" Ben Kennedy I can't believe we would consider going down that track again

Greg Bird is a gun, welcome to Manly Greg#Birdgang. I would rather him than half of the sooks on here
Yeah I think he's the sort of animal we need. But I don't think sacrificing Ferris to sign uate makes any sense at all. Get Bird but keep Ferris forget Uate.
And I don't think we'd get a premiership winning team out of us here at silvertails, most would be over the hill but we should beat the Knits.

I can't believe that there are people on Silvertails that think Greg Bird is a good purchase.Apart from the obvious off field baggage he has and general grubbiness on field,he has a losing culture about him.He has never been around a winning culture and that in part is due to his attitude.Lets not forget he'all be 32 by the time the next season starts.He's not even in the Ben Kennedy mould,where he could teach the young blokes coming through.He couldn't teach an ass to fart.And no chance of Bird and Buhrer being in the same side.Both similar sizes and styles and Bozo wants big boppers.The club will descend to a new low if Bird is signed

I can't believe that there are people on Silvertails that think Greg Bird is a good purchase.Apart from the obvious off field baggage he has and general grubbiness on field,he has a losing culture about him.He has never been around a winning culture and that in part is due to his attitude.Lets not forget he'all be 32 by the time the next season starts.He's not even in the Ben Kennedy mould,where he could teach the young blokes coming through.He couldn't teach an ass to fart.And no chance of Bird and Buhrer being in the same side.Both similar sizes and styles and Bozo wants big boppers.The club will descend to a new low if Bird is signed
Greg bird is a ball playing lock that can kick goals, what we need.

Can't believe we would even be considering signing an experienced backrower to help lead a young forward pack. It turned out so terribly with that "old, past it, over rated hack" Ben Kennedy I can't believe we would consider going down that track again
Ben Kennedy was a natural leader and not a prize ****wit. "I told the cops you did it? How do you feel about that?" is only one of his glittering career highlights.
Yes, at his best, Bird is an excellent forward. But that still doesn't mean I want him at my club. Especially if it means getting rid of people I do want at my club.

Well don't just stand there.
Buy the club.
You (indirectly) raise an excellent point, SER8: who owns a footy club? Is it the fans? Or, in our case, the Penns? They may own it now, but they don't own my memories of the club I grew up supporting in the 70s and beyond. They sure as hell don't own its history. But yeah, I guess if they pay the bills they're entitled to do whatever the hell they like.
Not for one moment of my life has it ever occurred to me not to support Manly. But - and it surprises me to admit this - it's occurring to me now. Guess the last two years have taken their toll.

You (indirectly) raise an excellent point, SER8: who owns a footy club? Is it the fans? Or, in our case, the Penns? They may own it now, but they don't own my memories of the club I grew up supporting in the 70s and beyond. They sure as hell don't own its history. But yeah, I guess if they pay the bills they're entitled to do whatever the hell they like.
Not for one moment of my life has it ever occurred to me not to support Manly. But - and it surprises me to admit this - it's occurring to me now. Guess the last two years have taken their toll.

Well said @Ron E. Gibbs - pretty much exactly what I meant when I said the owners/management are not bigger than the club on the other thread. They're the current custodians, but they don't own any of the history, the memories, what supporting Manly for a lifetime has meant to a huge number of fans.

If they continue to p*ss all over that, justifying it with 'well, we're paying the bills', then I suspect a lot more people are just going to pack up all that the club has meant to them and ride off into the sunset.

My mum, who has supported Manly since the 1950s, hasn't been able to bring herself to watch a game this year. The way Tooves was treated broke her heart (and she's not a fan of Bozo, she hasn't forgotten that him turning mercenary made her cry in the 1970s). She still talks about buying the club if she ever wins Lotto, but she also has said she hopes the great young prospects, like the Trbojevics, will leave and find themselves a club that will look after them and not unceremoniously boot them to sign a deadsh*t or two.

Guys don't worry everything is good! I have an actual photo of Bozo working away in the retention and recruitment office.
this-is-fine.0.jpg

Last edited:
Gold Coast and Penrith, both in rebuilding phases, have cast off a number of players and staff that don't fit the direction the clubs are going

Manly, in a rebuilding phase, are just picking up the crumbs. Last i knew you don't bake a cake with bits of old, half eaten cake.

Bird is a terrible pickup. Would be the worst yet IMO.

Gold Coast and Penrith, both in rebuilding phases, have cast off a number of players and staff that don't fit the direction the clubs are going

Manly, in a rebuilding phase, are just picking up the crumbs. Last i knew you don't bake a cake with bits of old, half eaten cake.

Bird is a terrible pickup. Would be the worst yet IMO.
Not worse than Myles though

Kennedy was a sensible leader with loads of talent. A wise head. I would hardly say that of Bird. Seems these recruitment people are trying to pick up as many of the losers from the Titans and Penrith that they can, while ignoring the ones that are bringing those teams back up to the top.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8