Turbo at 6?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am of the opinion Parcell may be the new 5/8 but that's not to say (and I know I am going to get shot for mentioning this) Moltzen, who is a utility player and can play in the halves and fullback, may not step in provided he remains injury free and possibly recapture his earlier form. Remember many players who weren't so successful at their old clubs ended up becoming great, or at least better, players when they joined Manly. I think Moltzen knowing he only has a contract for one year may be the surprise buy of the season.

Alternatively, why not bring Snake closer into the action as he is accustom to the Manly play and can play both sides which may compliment Chez who has been given a ticket to roam next season according to Barrett. That way Tom may get an earlier chance at Fullback, his customary position.

Long term 5/8 would more than likely be Tom Wright but should not be rushed.

Last edited:
Start Mateo in the halves and have Parcell / Brown / Moltzen / junior prospect coming off the bench as cover for 5/8 or hooker.

This is the year that Cherry stamps himself as the go-to playmaker. His halves partner needs to be defensively solid, hard to contain and have a little spark. Mateo has that in spades. Bring one of the above options on for 15 a game to get them a taste and take the pressure off Cherry. I don't think we will settle on our long term 5/8 until 2017.

I don't understand why people think Koroisau came to us, when he could have stayed at panthers if he wanted to play 5/8! He was stuck behind segy at penrith so he came to manly for a hooker role not a 5/8 role. He would've been panthers 5/8 in 2016 if he wanted to be a 5/8.

Really? The Panthers were going to play him over Soward?

Please.

Whoever we choose at 5/8 I hope they have a good enough kicking game to take the pressure of DCE...otherwise he'll be constantly targeted and injury could take it's toll.

Whilst this post concerns the 5/8 for 2016 and speculation rife about Bird, for he hasn't signed with the Sharks as yet otherwise they would have announced it, is it possible that Manly might go for Luke Keary whose off contract end of 2016? I know some time back when the club was on the brink of loosing both halves, Manly did consider Keary and I am wondering if they may go for him again. Can't see Manly go after Mbye due to the recent Fulton-Hasler rekindling the former agreement between the clubs not to poach players. Just a thought.

Tough one. Be a decent signing. A lot like DCE. Would he come back to play for us again after we told him he wasn't good enough? Guess it was a different administration.

Personally think John will start there.

Still haven't ruled out Hiku playing 6. Esp if he gets a game there for NZ on the England tour and does well. They are playing against club teams and short on halves. It's a big chance.

It will surprise some but Hiku played 1 and 6 when he got player of the year at the Warriors.

He is a big boy. Will handle defence. He is a ball in hand running player, and if we are interested in bird. Hiku at 6 would play a very similar style of game in that spot.
Looks like we wont be waiting long to see Hiku play at five eight. He and Lolohea in the halves this weekend for the Kiwi's.

So I guess we still have the current nz five eight in our team!

I've always thought Hiku would be great as a 5/8. Skill full with good footwork and In my opinion would develop a good kicking gave as he came from junior rugby in NZ where the fullbacks must learn to kick. He would have to make less of those decisions as wether or not to come in of his man playing at 5/8.
It would also free up a spot for Turbo on the wing which would help Brett out with kick returns at full back.

Time this guy got a thread of his own seeing as he will be the fullback next year. If we are going to make the 8 next year we need to have Tom at fullback. Snake at fullback is like playing with 12 players on the field. Also wouldn't mind playing Tom at 5/8 this week, he would get the idea of being a ball player and also get his hands on the ball more which is always good.

Time this guy got a thread of his own seeing as he will be the fullback next year. If we are going to make the 8 next year we need to have Tom at fullback. Snake at fullback is like playing with 12 players on the field. Also wouldn't mind playing Tom at 5/8 this week, he would get the idea of being a ball player and also get his hands on the ball more which is always good.

make up your mind young m8 fullback or five eight .... I'm not convinced full back is his best position .... he hasn't yet exhibited skill at organizing his defense ..... I think he is a natural blockbusting centre though and he and Dylan Walker would make an awesome centre combo .... if we really are chasing David Mead I think he has shown that he is a really good fullback ...... always happy to be proven wrong and I am Turbo fan

I have question marks over toms pace too if we are being honest.. Against children in the under 20s he's unstoppable, but a few times over the last 2 seasons hes made the clean break and has been run down... How often did young brett stewart ever get caught? Maybe he is a centre afterall... Time will tell

make up your mind young m8 fullback or five eight .... I'm not convinced full back is his best position .... he hasn't yet exhibited skill at organizing his defense ..... I think he is a natural blockbusting centre though and he and Dylan Walker would make an awesome centre combo .... if we really are chasing David Mead I think he has shown that he is a really good fullback ...... always happy to be proven wrong and I am Turbo fan
I have made my mind up he is a fullback but playing him at 5/8 these 4 weeks without Lyon and DCE would teach him more about ball playing. He would be wasted so much at centre it would be funny. Tom has to be fullback. Mead is an average player without any X factor.

Young Brett Stewart was one of the fastest players I have ever seen. He never got run down. I am pretty sure he clocked a hand timed sub 11 seconds for a 100 on grass with footy boots by the manly coaching staff in 04/05.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7