Two obvious things to come out of today's match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
If we are to be competitive we must:
1. Drop Mr Plod. He is simply not good enough anymore. Forget loyalty. Discard all the crap written about him being ready to repay Manly this season; he is too old and too slow. There must be a rawboned prop in the Manly Workers team we can replace him with until Darcy returns
2. Tom Turbo must get more involved. He is our main attacking weapon and, despite not having much ball, we need him to put points on the board. We don't have much strike power without him.
Apart from those glaring observations there were some positive signs, and I think this is a better team than in 2016.

This will be the first test in 2017 of Twenty's gumption.
Will he drop Mr Plod? If he does then we'll have a better idea if he really is going to make a decent coach.

If we are to be competitive we must:
1. Drop Mr Plod. He is simply not good enough anymore. Forget loyalty. Discard all the crap written about him being ready to repay Manly this season; he is too old and too slow. There must be a rawboned prop in the Manly Workers team we can replace him with until Darcy returns
2. Tom Turbo must get more involved. He is our main attacking weapon and, despite not having much ball, we need him to put points on the board. We don't have much strike power without him.
Apart from those glaring observations there were some positive signs, and I think this is a better team than in 2016.
Agree

Yes, however it was meant to be a rather quiet game for all stars out there today, when manly and the eels play it is almost all about grit, and occasional luck. The backs for both sides played like forwards and skill generally lacks because of this. Ball security undid us today, however we were definately the tougher side.

For the eels tries were scored off a lucky kick, a lucky no-look offload and the only earned try, at least in my opinion, was gutho's.

For us it was all earned

Despite what twenty says I don't think the effort was there. Out enthused in attack and defense, we didn't get quick play the balls or run hard enough. We had 1 forward over 100 meters. They had 4 over 130. Yes we held them out but I really don't feel they tested us that much on our line.

We have to beat souths next week, and we have to be more enthusiastic about it.

Yep Brown has got to go and Hastings comes in. Plod has got to go as soon as there is a suitable replacement. Hopefully someone from Blacktown can get a run. Shame Meehan imploded and Lane is injured. Mules defence was ok but as far as hit ups go he made absolutely no impact whatsoever. Maybe even go with Kennedy surely he couldn't be any worse. Apart from those two I thought the boys had a real dig. Defensively outstanding and if not for some total momentum changing decisions I believe we would have won.

Thought that Winterstein was quite good, was still going hard at 80 minute mark. Seemed to make some good tackles on that edge too.

Agree Myles has to go. Perhaps promote Kennedy till Lussick returns.

Wish we could bring in Hastings, and give Cullen a go instead of Brown.

I thought Norman played like the million $ player today, not Cherry!

Thought that Winterstein was quite good, was still going hard at 80 minute mark. Seemed to make some good tackles on that edge too.

Frank surprised me today. Sure he didn't do a lot in attack, but then most didn't as we didn't have the ball. But he made 26 tackles and didn't miss one.

Next week the canteens at Brookie....er.....Lottoland, will have the Nate Myles Hit Up Special.....its a soft serve ice cream.

If we play with the same side next week (which is likely because sadly I can't see Api, Myles or Brown being dropped despite TB claiming he's going to take a harder line on form), the main change I would have is AFB starting for BJ.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8