Two seperate pieces of the same puzzle?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Would love the two back ,but why would they sign Cart and Ferris wheel last week ,that is just throwing money away.Something I couldn't see these tightarses doing !
Because they wont have Tooves back and they wont pay how much Des wants.
Cart and ferris are on relatively low amounts.

The Bulldogs sacked Des because he supposedly didn’t understand their culture but, there is one culture he does understand and that is Manly and even more so Toovey. They have proven they can play together and coach together so I don’t see a problem. We’d be back to the ‘siege’ mentality and pride in the jersey.

Sure, Des left but none of us know the circumstances and for Barret to also be supposedly quitting, it says a lot more so about Penn and his cronies on the board. And to sack Toovey like they did plus all the CEOs et al.

Yes, Des has been clearly shown to be a disaster when it comes to salary caps but, did we not win two grand finals under his tenure and would you give any one of those back to ensure we were not in crap later. Not me as how many clubs have won grand finals every decade since the 70’s?

I'm pretty sure des was sacked because he left the place in a shambles. There's no denying he had some major imput into the Salary cap. And he left it in such a bad state that it'll take 3-5 years to fix. That's a big rebuild if you don't win a gf.

My view is, you need the players. The team that Des took the GF were all A grade material. Even our reserves were first graders.

Problem with Dez as coach is that he'll gave ZtC hanging around destabilizing all and sundry.

The 13 million NRL grant is enough to run Manly if we moved 8 games to ANZ which pays 100k to Clubs to play there.

But if our CEO or Football Manager is not allowed autonomy from the nepotist element, then Manly will continue to need Owner monies just to payout the churning staff :confused:

Last edited:
Do Zorba & Penns still "like" Hasler? Many posters on here claiming that the Penns are not on speaking terms with him after the way he left in 2011.

Not sure if anyone can clarify/ confirm??
When Barrett was stringing Manly along with the extension, Hasler was spoken about so someone somewhere must be OK with him. Bob Fulton still has massive power at Manly and I think that's the biggest reason behind Barrett leaving. If Bozo is OK with Des, I reckon it could happen.

OK - who is available in the way of first grade coaches that could steer manly to a top eight finish within a season or two. Bennett probably but lets face it he wouldn't be slumming it a brookie.. I can't really see anyone else other than Hasler who would be able to turn the ship around. Build a new manly culture. Tooves was a great player & would be a good assistant but I don't think he is a first grade coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10