• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who did uate play for last year? Where did they finish? They don't even want him! Oh and how many trys did Uate score last year?
Put Uate in the Storm side & they're guaranteed Premiers! Newcastle don't want him coz he's sick of them & the team! Maybe he didn't score many tries because he was injured & playing in a team that couldn't attack!! Have a look how many tries he's scored previously!!
2010 - 21 tries / 24 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2011 - 20 tries / 23 matches (International Winger of the Year & Dally M)
2012 - 18 tries / 22 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2013 - 15 tries / 24 matches
2014 - 12 tries / 15 matches
2015 - 12 tries 20 matches
2016 - injury riddled & sh%t team!
110 tries / 161 matches!!! Pretty good to me.
I for one would be happy to see him in our colors!

Our recruitment is obviously not improving, Uate is a rubbish signing.., Green is o.k.....for someone turning 30 soon......!
And so it seems highly likely that our on field performance will also not improve.

Can not tell me otherwise at this stage. Maybe we can get Beaver back, he is a legend after all and has grand final experience and at least he is Manly man. See the thing is you can put spin on anything, but the reality is what is in front of you. We need a decent prop/forward, winger and centre. Not senior citizens looking for a final pay day or has beens that will never be again.

A winger like Suliasi Vuniva is very different to Williame or Uate for example. And so it reflects in team performance, not that hard to understand really.

Anyway seriously, we will be very fortunate not to get the wooden spoon in 2017.

So to all the people that have disagreed with me, would you like to put money down that we will definitely miss the bottom four next year????

Or at least can you tell me exactly what you disagree with? Just interested to see what you think our performance as a team will be like in 2017 with the signings we have made as of now. Not what signings might happen, but as we stand on paper right now for 2017.

We have lost Killer and signed Green and maybe Uate. Wow what a master stroke.
Myles will be older, Brown no different and we will still have the same coach and same head of football etc.

To me it does not look any better but in fact worse.

Last edited:
Put Uate in the Storm side & they're guaranteed Premiers! Newcastle don't want him coz he's sick of them & the team! Maybe he didn't score many tries because he was injured & playing in a team that couldn't attack!! Have a look how many tries he's scored previously!!
2010 - 21 tries / 24 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2011 - 20 tries / 23 matches (International Winger of the Year & Dally M)
2012 - 18 tries / 22 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2013 - 15 tries / 24 matches
2014 - 12 tries / 15 matches
2015 - 12 tries 20 matches
2016 - injury riddled & sh%t team!
110 tries / 161 matches!!! Pretty good to me.
I for one would be happy to see him in our colors!

But your stats in the self indicate a decline each year. If you expect uate to come to Manly and magically re-aquire his 2010/2011 form I honestly believe you are going to be disappointed.
If you look at stats with that optimism then why hasn't Snake been snapped up by a few other teams. Because the past is the past and only a miracle will bring these players back to their previous form (and I don't believe in miracles)

So to all the people that have disagreed with me, would you like to put money down that we will definitely miss the bottom four next year????

Or at least can you tell me exactly what you disagree with? Just interested to see what you think our performance as a team will be like in 2017 with the signings we have made as of now. Not what signings might happen, but as we stand on paper right now for 2017.

We have lost Killer and signed Green and maybe Uate. Wow what a master stroke.
Myles will be older, Brown no different and we will still have the same coach and same head of football etc.

To me it does not look any better but in fact worse.
Look at our forwards... Then our backs. The backs are the point of which you probably think we are lacking, yeah? You would think that our backs this year were terrible and you are probably going off of that and expecting the same next year yet the backs this year were basically Lewis Brown, Brayden Williame and Matt Wright along with the regular starters of Jorge Taufua and Tom Trbojevic. But you add Steve Matai (if fit) and Walker who many forget is a star at centre as well as Uate who could be a great signing or possibly one of the worst but despite his recent form you have to remember that he was at the Knights, as I've said on other threads before, even Darius Boyd and Dane Gagai looked bad there. Uate should be fine alongside our best available backs as they will lift his game, he should become a weapon to our side. If not then he's gotta go.

I don't know I just really consider Blake Green as a masterstroke as he will take pressure off of dce, will have a great short passing game that'll bring Tapau into the game more at the opposition 20m and has a very good kicking game. Blake Green is the cool head we have been waiting for and is very similar to Lyon at 5/8, I'm most confident with his signing then that of any other or at least very few other 5/8's in the comp, very underrated.

Look at our forwards... Then our backs. The backs are the point of which you probably think we are lacking, yeah? You would think that our backs this year were terrible and you are probably going off of that and expecting the same next year yet the backs this year were basically Lewis Brown, Brayden Williame and Matt Wright along with the regular starters of Jorge Taufua and Tom Trbojevic. But you add Steve Matai (if fit) and Walker who many forget is a star at centre as well as Uate who could be a great signing or possibly one of the worst but despite his recent form you have to remember that he was at the Knights, as I've said on other threads before, even Darius Boyd and Dane Gagai looked bad there. Uate should be fine alongside our best available backs as they will lift his game, he should become a weapon to our side. If not then he's gotta go.

I don't know I just really consider Blake Green as a masterstroke as he will take pressure off of dce, will have a great short passing game that'll bring Tapau into the game more at the opposition 20m and has a very good kicking game. Blake Green is the cool head we have been waiting for and is very similar to Lyon at 5/8, I'm most confident with his signing then that of any other or at least very few other 5/8's in the comp, very underrated.
Blake Green is best signing for 2017 out of all teams IMO.

Mate, I'm famous throughout my whole house as being Keen. But some of us old heads want to deal with, and appraise our team as it stands in reality.

Can't see the sense in making up endless teams made up of players who don't even play for us ...... maybe to accommodate the both of us you should start a separate thread called "the 2017 fantasy team"

Mate, I'm famous throughout my whole house as being Keen. But some of us old heads want to deal with, and appraise our team as it stands in reality.

Can't see the sense in making up endless teams made up of players who don't even play for us ...... maybe to accommodate the both of us you should start a separate thread called "the 2017 fantasy team"
Our fantasy lineups are what gets me to sleep at night, cause they involve good players, no Brown and Myles.

Last edited:

Agree about Boyd and gagai looking bad at Knights. What about BJ leulia too, was he s knight? Now he is unstoppable.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8