Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Penns need to stop being so tight and pay our coach like he can win us a Premiership. (This is starting to become Des 2.0). We can't be successful if they can't keep a coach any longer then 2 or 3 years

I'm surprised with the reservations those on this forum have regarding Barrett's coaching performances. I mean what does he have to do to show he has the goods. He's taken a broken down team he was left with at the end of Toovey's reign (remember Toovey couldnt lift this team from the bottom group even with some of our champion players still on the field). He had a make shift side last year that had near the worst injury level I've seen in a Manly side. And this was a side consisting of a few champions on their last legs, a few players capable of becoming champion players, and a bunch of journeymen considered at best fringe first graders. Just look at the turn over, and very few of those players we've lost have made any impact elsewhere. Now we have a new season with a few good signings in Green, Kelly, Sinonen etc but nothing outstanding yet. Much the same side but without Stewart, Matai, Buhrer, and Lyon and having to play a season over a million less than other teams off the cap. And he's got them up to at one stage late in the season in 3rd position.

OK he's had two bad games of late, something I was expecting a lot more of at the beginning of the season. Some were suggesting the wooden spoon, many laughed at a top 8 position and yet they have one of the best attacks, a defence, which until the last two games was in the top group and until the last two weeks the second best for and against in the comp. Compare that to Hasler's first two years getting Manly to 13th and 8th, and the second year with Menzies, Matai, Kennedy, Brett and Glen Stewart, Watmough, Hopoate etc. Even Bennett in his first two seasons with a champion Canberra (Backo, Belcher, Daley, Lazarus, Meninga, Steve Walters) and Brisbane side (Dowling, Hancock, Langer, Lewis, Miles, K. Walters, Matterson) could only get them to 3rd and 7th, while Bellamy with a champion side given to him in Melbourne (Steve Bell, Matt Geyer, Orford, Slater, Smith, Matt King Kearney, followed by Cronk, Kearns, Kidwell and Hoffman) for his first two seasons came in at 5th and 6th

Barrett has had to do with the last vestiges of a Champion side, a few top liners such as Kaupau, DCE and the Trbojevics and a bunch of journeymen or players on the rise, with a dreadful injury toll last year and a cut price side this year. He's done a quite remarkable job to get them where they are. I'm amazed anyone including the club personnel are still questioning this fellow's credentials. Whether he becomes a great coach is yet to be seen, but he's exceeded expectations in my mind so far.

I know it is the bleeding obvious, but why don't the owners of the club simply state that TB is the first grade coach till the end of the 2018 season and put to bed all this talk. It is not helping our club one bit and the last two performances have really highlighted the need to state this or tell the truth about what is going on?

I'm surprised with the reservations those on this forum have regarding Barrett's coaching performances. I mean what does he have to do to show he has the goods. He's taken a broken down team he was left with at the end of Toovey's reign (remember Toovey couldnt lift this team from the bottom group even with some of our champion players still on the field). He had a make shift side last year that had near the worst injury level I've seen in a Manly side. And this was a side consisting of a few champions on their last legs, a few players capable of becoming champion players, and a bunch of journeymen considered at best fringe first graders. Just look at the turn over, and very few of those players we've lost have made any impact elsewhere. Now we have a new season with a few good signings in Green, Kelly, Sinonen etc but nothing outstanding yet. Much the same side but without Stewart, Matai, Buhrer, and Lyon and having to play a season over a million less than other teams off the cap. And he's got them up to at one stage late in the season in 3rd position.

OK he's had two bad games of late, something I was expecting a lot more of at the beginning of the season. Some were suggesting the wooden spoon, many laughed at a top 8 position and yet they have one of the best attacks, a defence, which until the last two games was in the top group and until the last two weeks the second best for and against in the comp. Compare that to Hasler's first two years getting Manly to 13th and 8th, and the second year with Menzies, Matai, Kennedy, Brett and Glen Stewart, Watmough, Hopoate etc. Even Bennett in his first two seasons with a champion Canberra (Backo, Belcher, Daley, Lazarus, Meninga, Steve Walters) and Brisbane side (Dowling, Hancock, Langer, Lewis, Miles, K. Walters, Matterson) could only get them to 3rd and 7th, while Bellamy with a champion side given to him in Melbourne (Steve Bell, Matt Geyer, Orford, Slater, Smith, Matt King Kearney, followed by Cronk, Kearns, Kidwell and Hoffman) for his first two seasons came in at 5th and 6th

Barrett has had to do with the last vestiges of a Champion side, a few top liners such as Kaupau, DCE and the Trbojevics and a bunch of journeymen or players on the rise, with a dreadful injury toll last year and a cut price side this year. He's done a quite remarkable job to get them where they are. I'm amazed anyone including the club personnel are still questioning this fellow's credentials. Whether he becomes a great coach is yet to be seen, but he's exceeded expectations in my mind so far.
Whilst I agree with you on most of what you say your reference to Tooves is not correct.
2012 - finalist.
2013- grand finalist
2014- semi final.
2015 of course with the massive injury toll, similar to last year but without the four internationals added to the squad, Tooves got a completely busted team to 9th despite what else had happened to him that year.
The infamous game against parramatta where we played liked busted's in the 2nd last round kept him out of his fourth straight semi finals.
His winning record is 57.6%.
As for Baz I hope we keep him and I have enjoyed the style we've played all year till the last 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I know it is the bleeding obvious, but why don't the owners of the club simply state that TB is the first grade coach till the end of the 2018 season and put to bed all this talk. It is not helping our club one bit and the last two performances have really highlighted the need to state this or tell the truth about what is going on?
Agree and it really should be an actual or expected obligation for a major sporting club"s owner or club sporting department head to either dispel any unfounded speculation and anything of a possible destablizing nature for a club , or just state the actual facts of the matter ..Especially at this stage of the season in Manly "s case and the other generally unsubstantiated issues at play at present for Manly.

Agree and it really should be an actual or expected obligation for a major sporting club"s owner or club sporting department head to either dispel any unfounded speculation and anything of a possible destablizing nature for a club , or just state the actual facts of the matter ..Especially at this stage of the season in Manly "s case and the other generally unsubstantiated issues at play at present for Manly.
Sorry but that is ludicrous in my humble opinion.
Why dignify a stupid rumour by commenting on it?
In addition to which, what good would it do anyway? To see how these things invariably work, look no further than Dogs assertions that Des has a contract, they've done nothing to stop speculation about him!

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

If they said that, that would mean he is definitely leaving

Nothing will stop the rumors dude, it's what the media (both social and regular) thrive on.

Whilst I agree with you on most of what you say your reference to Tooves is not correct.
2012 - finalist.
2013- grand finalist
2014- semi final.
2015 of course with the massive injury toll, similar to last year but without the four internationals added to the squad, Tooves got a completely busted team to 9th despite what else had happened to him that year.
The infamous game against parramatta where we played liked busted's in the last round kept him out of his fourth straight semi finals.
His winning record is 57.6%.
As for Baz I hope we keep him and I have enjoyed the style we've played all year till the last 3 weeks.

Oh dear. We have some sensitive individuals on this forum about Toovey.

Never suggested that Toovey was a poor coach. never suggested Toovey didnt have his problems in 2015. In fact that was the whole point. Toovey had a team on the downward spiral in 2015 and yes he had a dreadful injury toll as well. It is the very fact that Barrett inherited that team, as well as losing a few more of the champion players of yesteryear, that shows the fact that he was handed a turkey from the sart...and then and to cop a similar injury toll. I doubt that Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler would have been able to do any better. If you dont have the troops, the battle is already lost. He's got a bunch of players now who are either rising talents or fringe first graders. Look at what Melbourne, Cronulla, North Queensland, Brisbane, Sydney Roosters etc have in their stable. And yet Manly are up there contesting with the best of them. Easy to win when you have some of the best on offer.

No wonder Aliens have spend so many years giving anal probes in their ongoing search for intelligent life on earth.

Do you think they listen to what comes out of our mouths...and assume the brains must control "the opening at the other end"

!!!!

A mate of mine has been saying for weeks that Bozo wants Barrett gone so his son can coach Manly but I just put it down as gossip. Now I'm not so sure.
A son of Bozo as coach would be the one thing to drive me away from supporting my team until sanity resumed.

A son of Bozo as coach would be the one thing to drive me away from supporting my team until sanity resumed.

Don't worry Budgie, Penn is probably stumping up between 2/3 million a year to cover operating losses.

I think if he was asked to offload a bloke who looks like being a successful coach and reolace him wth a Bozo offspring he would literally choke on his coffee.

Anybody seriously suggesting that this is plausable should contact me immediately because I have a suspension bridge in Sydney I can sell them cheap ... the tolls collected will cover the repayments.

Oh dear. We have some sensitive individuals on this forum about Toovey.

Never suggested that Toovey was a poor coach. never suggested Toovey didnt have his problems in 2015. In fact that was the whole point. Toovey had a team on the downward spiral in 2015 and yes he had a dreadful injury toll as well. It is the very fact that Barrett inherited that team, as well as losing a few more of the champion players of yesteryear, that shows the fact that he was handed a turkey from the sart...and then and to cop a similar injury toll. I doubt that Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler would have been able to do any better. If you dont have the troops, the battle is already lost. He's got a bunch of players now who are either rising talents or fringe first graders. Look at what Melbourne, Cronulla, North Queensland, Brisbane, Sydney Roosters etc have in their stable. And yet Manly are up there contesting with the best of them. Easy to win when you have some of the best on offer.
Wow.
Not being sensitive just pointing it out that your statement was inaccurate in him not finishing in the top half.
Chill.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12