Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It is a shame that this suggestion of Barrett possibly leaving Manly after this year has received the amount of attention or any amount of attention recently as of course the accepted consensus is that on the whole, he has done really well with the side this season . Quite simply there been no reliable or credible indications to date that gives this suggestion any substance at all , and also taking into account that Barrett is of course still contracted to Manly next season. All present indications at the Bulldogs are that if Des is replaced, guys like Dean Pay for instance will be their type of preferred option to return the traditional Bulldog culture or whatever that represents these days back to the club . Just general mischief making and idle gossip in essence.

This all makes so much sense to me. If Trent's taken the foot off the pedal then we should get his replacement asap (doubt Des will work under Bozo but whatever)

What concerns me is that Barrett hasn't spoken to the press and quashed these rumours himself. The old adage , 'Actions speak louder than words'...

What concerns me is that Barrett hasn't spoken to the press and quashed these rumours himself. The old adage , 'Actions speak louder than words'...
The amount of crap being printed about Manly, would require a live feed from Narrabeen to deliver the repudiations :mad:

The Dogs just wanted to show Des that he is dispensible IMO and asked Beavis about Baz.
Beavis has players at the Dogs, so it is no stretch to have discussions with him @:cool:

Weren't the rumours about Jorge not being here next year because Barrett said he can't garauntee him a spot for next year?

Why is he in charge of hiring and firing when there's speculation he's gone?

Surely the Penns and Fulton wouldn't give Barrett powers to release players if he's leaving.....

I hope it's not true but we all know what happened when Des was negotiating in 2011. For one reason and another the Penns couldn't get it done and now they've left Barrett new contract simmer.

Doesn't sound good...hope it's just rumours.

After what happened with Hasler in 2011 and given how many beloved players have been released whilst still under contract nothing will surprise me.

You can't trust anything an NRL club administrator says in public. The truth is being played out behind the scenes and unfortunately where there is smoke there is often fire. Think about how early the rumours of the DCE backflip started.

I will not be surprised if Barrett leaves, I will also not be surprised if he stays. I hope that he stays, but if he does go I hope we have a stellar replacement lined up. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Hasler come back. I think he is one of the best coaches of the modern era, he proved it when he won a GF and then came amazingly close to winning it again the following year with a totally different squad. But only if whatever bad blood saw him leave in the first place is now dealt with.

We shouldn't get carried away with TB just yet. As far as I'm concerned he is still earning his stripes. Yes this year has been better but if it was as bad as 2016 he would have been gone by now. I liked that he had the boys playing for each other earlier this year I don't like that the wheels are falling off whilst he's negotiating a contract extension. He must have learnt by now that he needs the players trust to get the best out of them. Football department hurry up and get the deal done there is no quality in the wings. This is all about dollars!

I stoutly defended Barrett last week because I hadn't heard anything and I was shocked to hear the original rumour. I am now hearing that it is indeed a possibility @:eek:
It's not just about Baz wanting out either. The club have someone else in mind.
Who unless they plan on bringing des back?

I stoutly defended Barrett last week because I hadn't heard anything and I was shocked to hear the original rumour. I am now hearing that it is indeed a possibility @:eek:
It's not just about Baz wanting out either. The club have someone else in mind.
But if Baz doesn't want out, how can Manly afford to pay out his 2018 contract.@:cool:

Bring back 80s footy, there is too much chop and change in this mercenary era :swear:

But if Baz doesn't want out, how can Manly afford to pay out his 2018 contract.@:cool:

Bring back 80s footy, there is too much chop and change in this mercenary era :swear:
The Dogs have more $$$ to pay Baz and more $$$ to fund the football department. It's also a case of job security. He has one year left on his Manly deal and nothing more forthcoming as yet, so can get guaranteed work further into the future at the Dogs.

It's the length of the deal that puts Manly in a position to make moves...simply tell him that his services are not required post 2018 and he will walk if another opportunity pops up at another club who are willing to guarantee his future.

Nothing is set in stone but it's not such a long shot that he'll be moved on at the end of this season.

The Dogs have more $$$ to pay Baz and more $$$ to fund the football department. It's also a case of job security. He has one year left on his Manly deal and nothing more forthcoming as yet, so can get guaranteed work further into the future at the Dogs.

What decent self respecting coach wants to deal with the management and ownership at Manly?

Sure it's a place to cut your teeth if there's nothing else on offer, but unless you are a Manly old boy, not too many coaches are going to have any love or loyalty for the club!

Get's even more frightening when a Manly old boy like Dezzie showed no love or loyalty .................tells you something

Didn't the rumour start on the bulldogs forum site. Haven't read any other news from a reputable source of his possible moving on. Seems rubbish to me!

Could not agree more HM. Regardless of the coach, I keep reading about players being moved on again next year and more being proposed. We've become a transit lounge and that's never been how I've thought of Manly.

Didn't the rumour start on the bulldogs forum site. Haven't read any other news from a reputable source of his possible moving on. Seems rubbish to me!

I wouldn't say it's complete rubbish, seems like Hasler is a dead man walking at Belmore... they would be approaching any coach that wouldn't cost big $$ but shows potential.

Manly probably have their KPI's for an extension to his current deal and have him on the books for another season so they would be waiting to see how it pans out. Coaches earn their $$ by turning around their teams when they hit a patch like we are now so it's a test to see if he can take us to that next level.

As for Baz, he has been going good this far in '17 (better than last yr) but still hasn't achieved anything for him to demand that the negotiations ramp up. Manly are in the right to see if he can get us to the finals as this could be a considered a one off considering he struggled a lot last yr and who knows what 2018 holds.

I have warmed to Baz this season and enjoyed watching the team put in some outstanding performances. However he is still not proven and as a young coach given the opportunity he has you would want to show not just Manly but the entire NRL that you are the real deal. If he just wants to jump to the next club because they are offering him a deal right now then he can leave as we want a dedicated coach not just there to warm the seat until another opportunity comes knocking. Sticking it out and earning a new deal is what it's about.

I know money is everything these days but he will be on a hiding to nothing at Belmore, bottom 4 roster and apparently salary cap pressure to release players, sounds like Des's backend deals are alive and kicking.

My head says he has been presented something by the Dogs to consider and is using it as leverage/friendly nudge to extend his current deal with us. I also think Manly have a back up plan to still hold negotiating power.

A mate of mine has been saying for weeks that Bozo wants Barrett gone so his son can coach Manly but I just put it down as gossip. Now I'm not so sure.

A mate of mine has been saying for weeks that Bozo wants Barrett gone so his son can coach Manly but I just put it down as gossip. Now I'm not so sure.
Hard to believe that the Owners would throw away millions of their own money on another rookie Coach :confused:

I'm not a big fan of T-Boz but the only two coaches I would be happy with to replace him are Bellamy and Toovey and neither are a chance of happening

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10