Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I dont know ,getting called a gerbilerer is pretty rough.
I dont think Richard Gere's career ever recovered.
giphy.gif

Gorman needs to get the club working effectively. Its obvious for years its been handled poorly, which is very UnManly like. Its not about Baz, though his selections do confuse me at times. Its deeper than that and can be rectified with some smart business sense. May take a while though, maybe a year or two.

This has been done to death, really. Bozo was asked for help, came in and did what he could. Why, because he loves the club.
If you want to blame anyone (which to me is just negative wasted energy) start at the top with the Penns. They run the whole show, and it is crystal clear that their business acumen has not been replicated in running a football club.
I don’t have the answers, because as I have posted previously, I don’t know all the details to cast aspersions in any direction, and nor do you. But bagging a legend of the club is just stooping to a low that is unacceptable to me as a fan who lived and breathed Manly from the 70’s to this day.
Pretty sure that is exactly what I posted, but you misread - lack of oversight by the Manly Managers is the real issue @:cool:

Penn being OS for extended periods means that issues are not nipped in the bud by whoever the CEO is at the time :cool:

From Danny the Worm's column today

Barrett urged to walk away from Manly
Manly would like nothing more than for the Gladstone drama surrounding skipper Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings to be over and done with. But it’s a long way from over.

Trusted confidantes of Manly coach Trent Barrett have been telling him to walk away from the Sea Eagles. Now.

He has received calls of support from rivals such as Ricky Stuart and Phil Gould, but the Sea Eagles’ salary cap is a mess, the club has no real ability to bring in new talent, seven players are off contract and players are being required to sign on for minimum wage or thereabouts.

None of that is due to Barrett. He has a roster that is dominated by Cherry-Evans, who will earn about $1.3 million this season. Four other players, Marty Taupau, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, and Dylan Walker take up a significant chunk of the rest.

That means the Sea Eagles need to sign players on smaller contracts, and with that sometimes comes problems. It’s why Barrett has been urged to walk. But his view is that he has never quit anything in his life.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cl...attle-players-may-follow-20180428-p4zc8y.html
So, as head coach, he was either aware of any contract upgrades in his time OR he would (should) have been fully aware of all contract situations when accepting the job.
What did someone else say in another thread? The first sign of failure is blaming someone else!

While I am on the Sack Barrett bandwagon, I don't envy him in the position he is in where a third of his roster is actually unavailable for selection for one reason or another.

Regardless who is at fault.

If they sack Barrett, ( I can't see Barrett lasting for too long ) the club would have to pay him out and they couldn't afford another coach. Unless Bozo or his sons take the coaching role on to help the club

Bozo won’t come back, he left because he had to, salary cap investigations. Zorba & the Penns have pulled this club apart from the inside.
Not much Manly to be seen anywhere now. Miss management is what’s killing our club & Greenberg must have the biggest smile on his corrupt head. Won’t be long now. Perth anyone.

The question for me is not whose missing but who Barrett has at his disposal
Our roster includes DCE, Kapow, Walker, API, Tom, Jake, Thompson, Forn Blake , that’s 8 quality players .
Look at teams like Tigers and compare their roster to ours.
It’s gotta be either attitude or poor structures and strategies by coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10