Volunteers Needed - Petition to upgrade Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had no interest in the topic until a comment was made by Flip in regard to lack of support beiung shown by those, that in his view were being critical.

You are entitled to your view, Flip is entitled to his view but apparently I am not entitled to mine. Me thinks some double standards are in vogue.

no not at all Pete, i was not making an opinion on your opinion, so seek to turn this into something it is not and reveal your hidden agenda all you want.

My reference was directed at the fact you state so Boorishly and so arrgoantly that you will not volunteer.

I could virtually see the sneer on your face as you typed it.

What makes you feel you are above that?

Drop this boys - I can understand that not everyone wants to stand out and have petitions signed.

Well done to those that helped but the claims that some are above others as they helped are a bit rich or arrogant - maybe unintentionally? Semantics should not be the basisi of a stoush!!!!!

Umm CW no one is claiming they are above others. I just find it hard to swallow when someone comes out with stuck up Pap about preferring to enjoy a glass of red wine at a cafe in manly in game.

The snide remark made clearly shows that Pete feels he is above others.

OK people the club has confirmed free entry & reserve seating for Sunday - can anyone help out???

As the soft willowy tumbleweed skittles quietly across the hot, dry desert terrain.....

[quote author=fLIP]
I can't believe the attacks on some people and then the quiet when asked to show the support that a lot of people preach all day.

Who me? I didn't think I fitted the profile of those required to assist in collecting signatures. It would appear that I am apparently from the land of the toothless, unwashed and uneducated supporters that attract so much derision.

From memory the requirement was that you had to wear smart casual (not your normal football apparel) and that would differentiate the petition signature co-ordinators from the the normal gate greeters.

I think all that volunteer are doing a great job, I am just to selfish to give up my pre game ritual of lunch in a our favourite cafe in Manly with a bottle of Red. I am happy to be riduculed for that.

Not everyone wants to volunteer their time, I am one of those. The club gets plenty of my support through my wallet.

[/quote]

Are you on the ****ing juice? Or do you think we have nothing better than to talk about 'you' all day? :sleep:

In all seriousness though, its wasn't targeted at you but obviously there is a certain level of guilt you hold towards the matter considering you appear from the woodwork with yet another stereotypical response.

All that aside, did you offer to help with the petition at the game?

Are you on the ****ing juice? Or do you think we have nothing better than to talk about 'you' all day? :sleep:

Always enjoy a glass of red at the end of the day, Chateau Cardboard by necessity, Henshke if it is on the company tab.

In all seriousness though, its wasn't targeted at you but obviously there is a certain level of guilt you hold towards the matter considering you appear from the woodwork with yet another stereotypical response.

If I was not your intended target why not show some balls & name the posters that your refer to
All that aside, did you offer to help with the petition at the game?

Comprehension difficulties in understanding my response? Short answer no, I do not put my hand for something that I cannot/do not want to deliver.

Who me? I didn't think I fitted the profile of those required to assist in collecting signatures. It would appear that I am apparently from the land of the toothless, unwashed and uneducated supporters that attract so much derision.

No, you're just their knight in shining armour sitting astride the trusty steed. ;)

Thanks MB & Byso, have replied and will confirm final details tomorrow

"If I was not your intended target why not show some balls & name the posters that your refer to"

I wasn't actually referring to any particular posters or people. In fact I've tried hard lately to distance myself from the 'not true supporter' rubbish that has attached itself to quite a few people here on ST.

I find it quite ironic that when ST is getting together and rallying behind the team and the club to get funding, these so called 'true supporters' come rushing from the hills to help. In fact, its so quiet you could hear a pin drop... that is unless somebody wants to read more into it and make it about themselves hey pete... then your willing to give it a go?

I didn't name anybody in my post. It was a show of general disappointment. But like I said, perhaps just the fact that you felt obliged to reply as though my post was directed at you, shows you hold some sort of guilt towards perhaps dishing it up in the past but failing to deliver when you word is on the line. Enjoy that red on sunday pete but I don't think I could accept another holier that thou approach from you.

That is awesome MB and Byso. Wheel did you manage to get any card tables?

Also I couldnt drop off the pass last night as it was about 10:00 when i was finishing up at training and still had to get home and make dinner.

I will try to drop it off on saturday morning, unless you are working in the city still, if so I can come drop it off to you, I am just in Spring street

Tables - I haven't heard yet but it looks like it.

Yeah I am in Pitt St, I will PM the address to you.

I didn't name anybody in my post. It was a show of general disappointment.

And we have come 360 degrees. My original comment that caused my responses was my geniune dissapoitment that only 1400 odd signatures were obtained. Despite all the howls of protestation of me showing disdain at the ST volunteers it was quite the opposite. Wether those volunteers choose to believe that or not is beyond my control.

So your geniune dissapoitment at the lack of supporters that volunteered and my geniune dissapoitment at the lack of sigs seem inextricably entwined.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7