Volunteers Needed - Petition to upgrade Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You've gone a bit off topic there pete but its helping me understand why you think I may have targeted you in particular in that post. Even though the parallels you are drawing between different debates are a little... exaggerated.

They're not quite the same. I am disappointed because for years the blokes here have some what been ridiculed for their apparent lack of support for the team. However that assumption may have arisen it surprised me to see those who have dished it up for seasons are not willing to even consider lending a hand to help get signatures.

On to your comment about the number of signatures.

While I believe you have the right to express an opinion on the number of signatures obtained, do you think it's wise to perhaps allude to the fact that it was a poor effort when in the next breath you are firmly declaring your lack of willingness to help?

On to your comment about the number of signatures.

While I believe you have the right to express an opinion on the number of signatures obtained, do you think it's wise to perhaps allude to the fact that it was a poor effort when in the next breath you are firmly declaring your lack of willingness to help?

Abolsolutly I feel I have the right to express disappointment. In fact if you care to dig a little deeper you will find that my disappointment extended not of the volunteers, but of the club itself. For all their appeals for fans to get involved they failed to provide the adequate tools to those who did volunteer their time to make sure it was successful in terms of sigs obtained.

I don’t care how you dress it up 1400 sigs out of a crowd of 16000, whom at least 95% would have been Manly supporters was a disappointment. The responsibility for that doesn’t fall onto the volunteers but the total failure of the club to ensure that there was every opportunity to ensure that many more sigs had been obtained. As a result of their ineptitude the whole process is being repeated again this weekend. I know, you know, that it will be essentially the same 16000 people that turn up at Brookie this Sunday that were there for the match against the Warriors.

If anywhere in the organisation that I slave for, a job had to be repeated due to that level of lack of planning heads would have rolled. Of course they were only using volunteers that cost the club a few free tix, so not much lost from the clubs perspective in way of revenue, but plenty lost from those who for the second time will be repeating the excersise. But hey they are dedicated Manly fans that will do anything for the club regardless of how they are treated, right? Or do the Manly club have some responsibility in my disappointment.

Whilst many have applauded Grant Mayer for what he has done for the club since he arrived, as a supporter (true or not) I am not yet convinced and I have had conversations with Mr Mayer to that effect.

Byso, Backer and Geoff - awesome lads. Jas is due tomorrow specifically, others I'd be there with bells on.

Geoff - will the club afford you some volunteers?

fLIP

Pete sums up his feelings well. Whilst he fuelled a fire with the less intelligent by his post, essentially he was saying his dissapointment was a two-fold

1 - The lack of planning and assistance afforded by the club
2 - The lack of support from the fans of manly

I was extremely disapointed in some of the out and out assholes that came through that gate and i was confronted with. Being abused for trying to help out everyone and other people who couldnt give you the time of day

I dont wish to sit there and be stared in teh face by people that i see as absolute pretentious scum. On that day I found out for myself why other teams and other team supporters hate us.

1400 out of 16,000 shows that the majority of people were not supportive.

I would say i was met with 5 assholes for every 3 signatures I got. I pushed over 300 signatures even though i was doing laps and checking on everyone so you can imagine the wankers i saw. It definitely was not a feel good about yourself exercise and i applaud the guys who are choosing to do it again.

To the people who refused to sign any of the petitions (not those who had already signed one) I want to say this to you......"**** you for your rude, agressive and childish behaviour. 'tis my deepest hope that you get your comeuppances"
It also shocked me that how many Warriors fans signed the petition, it was my experience that many of these people though they rarely come to the ground, were extremely friendly and willing to help, because they knew it took nothing from them to jot down their name.

Byso, Backer and Geoff - awesome lads. Jas is due tomorrow specifically, others I'd be there with bells on.

Geoff - will the club afford you some volunteers?

No

Actually I agree with Dan that I was suprised at how many people 'fans' said NO or just plain dismissed my approach - I am not sure whether it was from laziness, rudeness or apathy. This suprise was also shared by the raffle ticket sellers who were under the impression that the petition was going to be a lot easier sell than their tickets.

Overall with the lack of confirmed support from volunteers we will not do any better this time around, probably worse actually however if we can get 1500 more signatures to add to those already collected (approx 2500) we would have done our job.

PS It might also have had soemthign to do with the fans being forced to stand in 50 metre queues to buy a ticket

fLIP

Pete sums up his feelings well. Whilst he fuelled a fire with the less intelligent by his post, essentially he was saying his dissapointment was a two-fold

I understand what Pete is saying, although that wasn't the initial topic. He blew up about my first post which was nothing about him or directed towards him. It has gone from my initial comment of being disappointed about people's lack of help to me somehow having a crack at Pete for something said weeks ago. Through the most fine line of comparison was he been able to change completely the topic I was on about to something about himself.

Regardless, I still hold the view that those who open their mouths the most, back it up with the least amount of action.

As for your comments on the number of signatures Pete, I understand what your on about, there's no need to feel vindicated.

BTTT - still free tickets available and seats the grandstand for anyone who volunteers

Thanks to everyone who volunteered, it is all systems go for Sunday. See you at gates and make sure you sign.

Please thank

Manly Backer
Duff
Byso
Mellonhead
Canteen Worker (hopefully)

Yep. Thanks fellas. i appreciate your efforts. :clap:

If i lived down there i would surely be involved & up for a beer afterwards.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2