Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He requested a release from South’s actually - of his final year - which they were delighted with I’m sure - when they hit him with a big fine for bringing the club bad headlines.

He broke his hand punching his door (in the company of his partner) mid season didn’t he - and broke his hand - resulting in a month of missed footy, bad headlines for Manly and $10k fine.

He also carried on with his usual hero attitude against Curtis Scott the following year didn’t he? and cost the team another 7 or so weeks from memory with a busted eye socket.

In re to the DV allegations, it was pretty obvious if his partner had persisted with her initial claims - he would have been charged. So he was very lucky she had a sudden change of heart.

Each to their own - he’s not a player I enjoy wearing the maroon and white. I find his consistent off field crap (now anti vax stance) to be unneeded crap that Manly doesn’t need.

Take your personal anti Covid vax beliefs away from Manly and enjoy a new career if that’s what you choose.

I’d prefer he sign elsewhere and be someone else’s headlines.
yawnnnnnnn - come on man - can you play some new tunes? This is just replaying the repeat of the repeat of the repeat. You need a new needle on that record player that is for sure! You seriously must be a serial attendee at church on Sunday's repenting your sins and being the perfect human. We all have done stupid things to various degrees and Walker certainly has been an off field fool but yes mate please start spinning some different vinyl. You can do it... you must have at least one other record to play????

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perception time ....

IMO Dylan is a better centre with one broken leg than many other centres on two legs

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perspective time.....

The Dynamic Dylan will be easily picked up by a club in 2022 as quick as a good sort is picked up in a night club

manly al

First Grader
Be interesting to actually confirm if Dylan has lost that much pace since that serious leg injury in late 2017 , personally don 't think that he has lost that much pace or acceleration at all . Took a long time to recover and comeback in 2018 , maybe average at centre then , moved to 6 and went O K , then played a lot of 6 in 2019 and played consistently well and solid . Started off well in 2020 at 6 until really being afflicted regularly with injury , very ordinary at full back at the start of this season then some very handy games as that roving , utility 14 . Think that he has only played a handfull of games at centre since 2017 so a bit hard to judge his effectiveness [ or potential ] there since then . Would say that the reason that he was a regular 6 instead of centre is that there were just not any viable alternatives there until Foz returned and to a lesser extent Schuster . Fair to say that with Manly "s general style of play with Turbo fully fit and available has placed less emphasis on the centres impact role but could still do with some improved input there with the new rules , Des has opted for Walker closer to the ruck and providing some unpredictable and livelier spark around there and Walker did up his tackling effectiveness there at season's end in particular . Dylan and his manager are of the view , whether misguided or not that he is worth more then his current offers [ or Manly 's at least ] maybe also the contract longevity factor , Really don;t think however that Manly should be giving any more ground to retain him taking all of the general circumstances into account .

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Be interesting to actually confirm if Dylan has lost that much pace since that serious leg injury in late 2017 , personally don 't think that he has lost that much pace or acceleration at all . Took a long time to recover and comeback in 2018 , maybe average at centre then , moved to 6 and went O K , then played a lot of 6 in 2019 and played consistently well and solid . Started off well in 2020 at 6 until really being afflicted regularly with injury , very ordinary at full back at the start of this season then some very handy games as that roving , utility 14 . Think that he has only played a handfull of games at centre since 2017 so a bit hard to judge his effectiveness [ or potential ] there since then . Would say that the reason that he was a regular 6 instead of centre is that there were just not any viable alternatives there until Foz returned and to a lesser extent Schuster . Fair to say that with Manly "s general style of play with Turbo fully fit and available has placed less emphasis on the centres impact role but could still do with some improved input there with the new rules , Des has opted for Walker closer to the ruck and providing some unpredictable and livelier spark around there and Walker did up his tackling effectiveness there at season's end in particular . Dylan and his manager are of the view , whether misguided or not that he is worth more then his current offers [ or Manly 's at least ] maybe also the contract longevity factor , Really don;t think however that Manly should be giving any more ground to retain him taking all of the general circumstances into account .
I think Dylan was a breath of fresh air in his role in 2021. I'm happy for Des to further progress this role with him as it will pull a lot of D focus back to the middle in 2022 now the other teams know the plan (addressing it is a whole another thing).

As far as experience in the NRL and explosiveness of the mark, I think he can be a great number 14!

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He made a break in the middle in one of the last games of the regular season, from memory, and I seem to recall that he was running in quicksand compared to the chasers.

He scored the try, but made it look a lot harder than it would have been a few years ago.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Oooft plenty of strong opinions on Dylan in here.

I'm a bit indifferent.

Considering Suli is gone and Koula and Tuipulotu are unproven at this stage I'd prefer to resign him for 1 year at say....300k-ish.

Then move on.

That said, if he got a better long term deal elsewhere.....well good luck Dyl

40 nil

It's only a game ...
He made a break in the middle in one of the last games of the regular season, from memory, and I seem to recall that he was running in quicksand compared to the chasers.
I remember one break like that where Walker had slowed down waiting for support players to catch up.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
I think he is an explosive runner accelerates quickly, he made a few breaks through the middle but his top end speed has dropped off
It seems he has bulked up significantly. I imagine he could regain some of his top pace with speed specific diet & training.

Turbo (younger & different body shape) appears to have regained full speed after fully recovering from all his injuries (including his ankle injury in 2018).

47MVEagle

Bencher
Yeah I wonder if his bulking up this season was him accepting that he may not be capable/fast enough at centre anymore & sees his future as a middle player, or if it was simply under Des' instructions & he intends to drop it if he can get a starting centre contract somewhere?

madmax

Bencher
yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Mate I gave up arguing with all 6 of the Walker haters long ago & left Silvertails coz of the BS about the hate of certain players. It’s a broken record & not worth the effort of a reply. I’ll bet every time Walker made a break or scored a try they were all up cheering. No one will change their opinion of Walker & they will not change mine. His alleged misdemeanours pale into insignificance compared to other players. I don’t condone what he supposedly is accused of re domestic violence but as for the rest of his misdemeanours nothing that many of us haven’t done! Walker is far from an angel but I’ll bet the haters are no better. Whilst he’s a Manly player I’ll barrack for him…..if & when he leaves then we’ll see.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Mate I gave up arguing with all 6 of the Walker haters long ago & left Silvertails coz of the BS about the hate of certain players. It’s a broken record & not worth the effort of a reply. I’ll bet every time Walker made a break or scored a try they were all up cheering. No one will change their opinion of Walker & they will not change mine. His alleged misdemeanours pale into insignificance compared to other players. I don’t condone what he supposedly is accused of re domestic violence but as for the rest of his misdemeanours nothing that many of us haven’t done! Walker is far from an angel but I’ll bet the haters are no better. Whilst he’s a Manly player I’ll barrack for him…..if & when he leaves then we’ll see.
Technically he is not currently a manly player as he is a free agent at the moment. Does that mean he is fair game? Are you still barracking for him, or now just neutral?

Sorry, mate, couldn’t resist…

Hey mad max … you left me out! I think he is well passed his best! Other clubs seem to be agreeing with us… no one is rushing to sign him !

Just sayin’

agreed totally - do I think he is a great human - not a chance. Do I think he has some talent as a player - absolutely. Do I think over the years we have used him poorly - purely out of need - absolutely. We have played him at fullback and 5/8 when in my mind he is a really really good centre. Can he have some bad games - yes - some shockers but out and out he was a high quality centre.... hopefully he can be that agaiin for us or at worst a high quality 14/floating 13 from the bench. If he doesn't get vaxed and if he chooses another club - that is how it is but yes that would leave a hole for us in finding someone to play that role... or to cover the many backline positions he can cover. He is dynamic out there compared to Harper and Scorpio... but is his defence sound enough? Anyway - agree with you 100%

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14