Walker to Manly BUT Buhrer to Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you'd imagine the Warriors come in here, release Hurrell to Superleague and Hiku slots straight in.

Can't understand why people want Matai moved on, so tough
I don't personally want any long term players moved on, the powers that be though have been very transparent and forthright imo.

Matai will have a massive year if he can stay 85% fit he will never be 100% lets face it ,all the drama is gone now ,he will be the matai we know again next year for sure !!!!

i
Josh Massoud tweeted in regards to who could be moved?
Plenty of names doing the rounds: Starling, Lawrence, Buhrer & Symonds are the ones I've heard. https://t.co/pndr9X0fp3
i would honestly rather lose symonds lawrence and starling alltogether than to lose ferris. He bleeds manly and is a workhorse; weve already lost one in ballin we don't need to lose another

Ideally we'd like to renege on a few earlier signings now rather than lose someone like Ferris or Hiku. Thankfully they were smart enough to only sign them up for 12 months, so hopefully we can muddle through 2016 and then cut some loose. There are a handful of players I could think of that I'd rather trade then those two, we should be freeing up some money at end of next year

The release of players like Hiku and Buhrer would not be a reflection of their abilities. More a reflection of the style and team balance Barrett is seeking to suit his particular game plan. Other teams would be crazy to not jump at them if they became available.

The release of players like Hiku and Buhrer would not be a reflection of their abilities. More a reflection of the style and team balance Barrett is seeking to suit his particular game plan. Other teams would be crazy to not jump at them if they became available.
Let's hope Barrett knows what he's doing with all these recruitments/changes he's making and that it pays off. Walker has only played a handful of games at 5/8 at NRL level so Barrett is taking a big gamble signing him for that role. Barrett's next big task will be to get all these new/old players working together as a tight knit team. Tough job ahead for this rookie coach.

Let's hope Barrett knows what he's doing with all these recruitments/changes he's making and that it pays off. Walker has only played a handful of games at 5/8 at NRL level so Barrett is taking a big gamble signing him for that role. Barrett's next big task will be to get all these new/old players working together as a tight knit team. Tough job ahead for this rookie coach.

He's only gambling for a year if killer or matai retires at the end of the year, into the centres from there. Will be a good buy in my eyes, the kids 21, plenty of footy left.

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC
Ideally we'd like to renege on a few earlier signings now rather than lose someone like Ferris or Hiku. Thankfully they were smart enough to only sign them up for 12 months, so hopefully we can muddle through 2016 and then cut some loose. There are a handful of players I could think of that I'd rather trade then those two, we should be freeing up some money at end of next year
Both Moltzen and John, I assume will be in reserve grade and out of the top 25?
Can't be on more than $100k
Hopefully worth the gamble!

Walker is a fantastic coup for the club along with Taupau. What a team we are going to have next season.

I like Hiku but with Tom T around I'd rather we release him than Buhrer. At the end of the day Walker is worth the two combined so what ever happens I think this is a good move by the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8