Walker to Manly BUT Buhrer to Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People always grossly overrate how much players earn. The media was writing Choc was on 950k a year at one point.

Never let the facts get in the way of a BS write up.

People always grossly overrate how much players earn. The media was writing Choc was on 950k a year at one point.

That was actually supposed to be accurate (for one season, the last of his deal) because of the horrible math of:

Des back ending deals + 300k one off bonus.

That was actually supposed to be accurate (for one season, the last of his deal) because of the horrible math of:

Des back ending deals + 300k one off bonus.

It wasn't Loobs. I was sent his amended contract (by mistake from the NRL when they registered it).

FWIW from Weidler:
With the re-emergence of Sam Burgess, the sound you can hear in the background is NRL teams furiously crunching their numbers.
Firstly – and with more certainty – to squeeze Dylan Walker into their 2016 rosters. Walker has been offered to a number of clubs. His asking price is not cheap: he is after about $500,000 a season.
On potential he is worth close to that, but he had a lean 2015, obviously hampered by his hand injury. His agent Allan Gainey has been overseas on holiday and will be back this week to work out a release and future team for Walker. Manly are still very keen and if they are forced to backend his deal it would appear to be less of a risk on a player with so many years left in the game.

It wasn't Loobs. I was sent his amended contract (by mistake from the NRL when they registered it).
I'll take your word for it then.

Also think they need to find a better way of sending contracts around haha

Conversely clubs grossly undervalue players on registered contracts, the truth lies between the registered figure and the grossly inflated, headline catching, social media big noting individual "I have it on good authority" amount.

What is more interesting---- how on earth did the registered amount get "accidently" emailed or sent in some form to you?

I read that Walker is asking $500,000 a season. To me this is twice what he is worth.
Surely if we had that much money to throw around we'd be better trying to recruit another front rower. This is where I see any potential weakness in the 2016 squad. We have more than enough backs, as evidenced by getting rid of local boy Gutho.
I can't rationalise paying 'overs' for Walker yet letting a good local go.
Further, if Walker's signing costs us Buhrer it compounds the dumb recruitment.

Conversely clubs grossly undervalue players on registered contracts, the truth lies between the registered figure and the grossly inflated, headline catching, social media big noting individual "I have it on good authority" amount.

What is more interesting---- how on earth did the registered amount get "accidently" emailed or sent in some form to you?

Not sure - maybe my fax is one number away from The Eagles one - I'm in the same suburb. I phoned the NRL, and they ignored me about it (and it was them that screwed up). I phoned the club, and they phoned me in 5 seconds. I promised them I wouldn't say anything, or show anyone and I haven't. I did however show Dan the cover, so that he'd back me when everyone accused me of lying.

Not sure - maybe my fax is one number away from The Eagles one - I'm in the same suburb. I phoned the NRL, and they ignored me about it (and it was them that screwed up). I phoned the club, and they phoned me in 5 seconds. I promised them I wouldn't say anything, or show anyone and I haven't. I did however show Dan the cover, so that he'd back me when everyone accused me of lying.
Who would accuse you of lying? Pfft nobody around here.

Liar.....

My old phone number used to be one off the Newport Arms so I'd always have people calling asking what time the bistro opened so I can believe that @Ryan

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6