Walker was not offside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

skull61

Bencher
So sick of hearing about the hand of Foz! The footage used to prosecute that "theory" has Foran's hand visible with the ball behind it and Thurston's hand behind Foran's and LITERALLY somewhere between Foran's hand and the ball. None of which is 100% conclusive but I'm not even sure its possible for Foran to have touched it. Point is one player is more likely to have touched the ball and it wasn't Foran!

Anyway if last night was "karma" then I guess it won't keep being brought up year after year?

Funny how when the media brings up examples of games decided by bad ref decisions we always hear about 7 tackles Manly v Parra in the 70s but everyone forgets 7 tackles dogs v us in 95 and sharks v cowboys in 2013. We always hear about the hand of Foz but nobody ever mentions the roosters 80 min non-stop rorts v cowboys in the 2013 prelim and us in the 2013 GF.

Anyway it is what it is and we will all get on for another ride in 2018 I guess...
Yeah mentioned this on twitter to some joker claiming karma

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Classic ozzie line - Pokes out like dogs balls. My old boss when if I first emigrated here used it all the time. :)
Looking at your Avatar Jerry I reckon arfur and Terry would've had their own derivatives of such.
Funny buggers.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Script for the finals has already been written. It will be a Newscorp (Broncos) Vs News Ltd (Storm) Grand final. This is so obvious as to be painful. Storm will win of course with the match winner to be scored around the 70 min mark by Coopy or Billy.
Fairytale.
They'll meet in the preliminary final if Broncos win next weekend, so looks like the script went a bit astray

yokahontas

Bencher
They'll meet in the preliminary final if Broncos win next weekend, so looks like the script went a bit astray

I stand by what I said in another thread anyway, the script is Melbourne vs Parramatta. Keep the donkeys in as long as possible to keep the Qld dollars flowing, but once the matches move to ANZ the value of keeping Brisbane in it is gone anyway.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
One of the things that pissed me right off was Warren (commentator) on Fox saying that Peachey's touch was Karma for Kieran Foran's touch against The Cowboys years ago. **** me dead dude, that doesn't justify it, OR make it right. Sour grapes.
That guy Warren Smith has never liked us. Not surprising that he would say that. He has a huge chip on his shoulder regarding Manly

The Who

Journey Man
... and did he mention it was 'karma' for the seven-tackle win a few years back when Cronulla edged out the Cowboys in a finals match?

Aussie Battler

Reserve Grader
The way the game is officiated is enough to stop me following NRL, but that means walking out on my club and I can't bring myself to do that...but I have no respect for the NRL and if it wasn't for my love of the Eagles, I would just go and follow AFL.

I'm not even just referring to last night...it's he whole thing. The constant penalties for strips that aren't strips, the different interpretation of the ruck, the no shoulder charge, no tackle in the air unless they are trying to score a try, no stripping unless they are in the act of scoring and that has to be in the in goal to constitute the act of scoring, 7 tackle set for kicking it dead...talk about making a simple game complicated. And that's before we talk about the anti climax of every try sending anxiety through the veins of supporters because it has to be "cleared" first...and that's like playing Keno.
Could not agree more. I have been shot down at the pub tonight as a bad loser, but I cannot think of any other game in the world where a turnaround in a result from one week to the next could occur. The only thing I can put it down to is referee's interpretations and that is not blaming them ! It's just how they adjudicate a game has more bearing on a game than anything else. We pay half-backs $750k to $1m a season to build pressure and get repeat sets, but a referee with one dud call on a 4-5th tackle can achieve the same thing. 2 or 3 50/50 penalties against you and you virtually have the equivalent a player running 100-150 metres against you. A team can have no line speed one week, but the next be on top of you so quick, there is no time to think. The game doesn't make sense to me anymore., but like you have followed this club all my life and will continue to do so.

Mitch

Bencher
The issue highlighted from this game is that the Bunker referral system is completely flawed.

At the moment an on field decision can only be reversed if there is 100% conclusive evidence to do so. With that in mind I have to cop the Peachey try because it went up a try and you cannot 100% say he knocked it on.

Yet the Walker situation had both touch judges and referees send it up with a live decision of try and there is no way in the world you can 100% say he was off side, so given the process it had to stay with the on field decision. Yet the red light comes up.

Two decision within 40 minutes that reach an outcome with complete inconsistency.

That is what angers me the most.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I am still of the belief that they are not corrupt just absolutely incompetent.

Brooke

Bencher
The issue highlighted from this game is that the Bunker referral system is completely flawed.

At the moment an on field decision can only be reversed if there is 100% conclusive evidence to do so. With that in mind I have to cop the Peachey try because it went up a try and you cannot 100% say he knocked it on.

Yet the Walker situation had both touch judges and referees send it up with a live decision of try and there is no way in the world you can 100% say he was off side, so given the process it had to stay with the on field decision. Yet the red light comes up.

Two decision within 40 minutes that reach an outcome with complete inconsistency.

That is exactly how I feel. I can live with the Peechey decision but not the Dylan Walker try being over turned by the bunker. An ex-Penrith player in the bunker and the quickness with which it was overturned adds to my frustration. Every other time it has to be conclusive evidence to over rule the on field decision, except this time.
Baz sticks up for his players and points out the obvious and Greenburg tells him to grow up.
Very annoying.

HappilyManly

Journey Man

All the sanctimonius Journos , Media Personalities on the Fox Sports Shows said 'I don't know if Peachy knocked on or not, but since all time, the benefit of doubt goes to the attacking Team'. Tallis even suggested that this was a rule :cool:

Then they brushed past the Walker try incident where Manly were the attacking Team, where the Ref and both Touchies called 'try', where the Bunker ruled for the defending Team @:mad:

Stupid is, as stupid does :confused:

Brooke

Bencher
All the sanctimonius Journos , Media Personalities on the Fox Sports Shows said 'I don't know if Peachy knocked on or not, but since all time, the benefit of doubt goes to the attacking Team'. Tallis even suggested that this was a rule :cool:

Then they brushed past the Walker try incident where Manly were the attacking Team, where the Ref and both Touchies called 'try', where the Bunker ruled for the defending Team @:mad:

Stupid is, as stupid does :confused:
I thought the same. They say all that about the attacking team and then conveniently not apply it to the Walker try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12