Walker was not offside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm sure Uate also grounded the ball with his hand out of view, or at minimum the wrist which still constitutes as a try. If they sent walkers one up as a try than it should have been a try. Our defence was great all night, Penrith only really scored via breaking through us in the 79th minute when we were probably just thinking about getting the ball back. We were robbed fullstop.

You dont always have to be the better team to win.sometimes you can just irk out a win, thats footy, always has been.

The ruck was a disgrace. The panthers were very good in defence but manlys resillience was superb. Penriths line speed was either swab worthy or sanctioned by poor officiating.

We made errors, we have played better sure. But no way were we given the opportunity to win despite a less than convincing start

At times manlys defence and resillience was qld like , continually turning up after either themselves or the ref handed them field position. Never heard them say we didnt deserve to win

We are all manly fans, some like to blame someone else, some like to blame the architects from within for not being perfect. Butt hurt is butt hurt regardless of which side of the fence you sit. And butt hurt generally inspires emotional responses generally not in line with the truth

The games momentum was as much the refs orchestration as both teams.

Now where is my little date cushion. Its going to be a long offseason with this level of discomfort. By next week it will have a picture of the refs, the bunker, greenberg, and the gyge on it . This therapy will do more to ease the pain than the pillow

Zorba MUST read silvertails....
He just mentioned on 2KY that fans on social media after the game had access to superior technology to the bunker with the ability to draw the line and prove a player on or offside.
You know you've made it big.....
Very big !!!

Let's cut the the chase:
Has the introduction of the video ref improved rugby league?
The answer, of course, is no.
Millions of dollars wasted trying to get decisions 100% right and yet causing more problems than ever.
How can you have a system where an off-field official can interrupt the play at certain times, in certain parts of the field - and not others? How can they rule on certain issues but not be able to call forward passes?
It's like instructing a judge that he can only rule on certain parts of the evidence.
The sport is now totally corrupt. In fact, it's no longer a sport, it's a means to gamble!

One of the things that pissed me right off was Warren (commentator) on Fox saying that Peachey's touch was Karma for Kieran Foran's touch against The Cowboys years ago. **** me dead dude, that doesn't justify it, OR make it right. Sour grapes.

So sick of hearing about the hand of Foz! The footage used to prosecute that "theory" has Foran's hand visible with the ball behind it and Thurston's hand behind Foran's and LITERALLY somewhere between Foran's hand and the ball. None of which is 100% conclusive but I'm not even sure its possible for Foran to have touched it. Point is one player is more likely to have touched the ball and it wasn't Foran!

Anyway if last night was "karma" then I guess it won't keep being brought up year after year?

Funny how when the media brings up examples of games decided by bad ref decisions we always hear about 7 tackles Manly v Parra in the 70s but everyone forgets 7 tackles dogs v us in 95 and sharks v cowboys in 2013. We always hear about the hand of Foz but nobody ever mentions the roosters 80 min non-stop rorts v cowboys in the 2013 prelim and us in the 2013 GF.

Anyway it is what it is and we will all get on for another ride in 2018 I guess...

Difference is, that try against the Cowboys didn't decide the game; it was also 50/50 whether it was Foran or Thurston who touched the ball; and there was also a try awarded to the Cowboys earlier in that game that was off a blatant strip on Jorge Taufua - not even close to a 'loose carry', absolutely reefed out of his grasp and passed along the backline for them to score. Take out the two tries off 'borderline' decisions (funny how nobody mentions the Taufua incident but we never hear the end of the bloody Foran one) and we still beat the Cows, and did it easily.

Last night, that Peachey farce (and check the smug, smirking little mongrel at the end of the game - he knew he knocked it on. Real funny saying check the snicko - wouldn't be saying that if one actually existed, I'll bet!) ended that contest, which had already been grossly skewed by the two disallowed tries against Manly.

Let's also not mention the 7-3 penalty count at halftime that had handed Penrith 60% of possession and a lead composed largely of penalty goals; or the Melbourne-esque wrestling and holding down that they were allowed to get away with, but Manly weren't.

Look into my eyes: the NRL is a fair competition without orchestrated interference by officials. The NRL is a fair competition without orchestrated interference by officials. The NRL is...yeah, nah, can't even hypnotise myself into believing that BS

There was also a try to the Cowboys in that game that was off a pass that was at least a metre forward too.

Not good enough to overcome them? If it were 30-10 or something, ok. But there was a bees dick in it, and those dodgy calls presided over the result of the game. I don't think you're giving us enough credit tonight. I thought our defense was 1st class. I thought our attack was better than theirs.

We were plenty good enough mate. Unsure how you can refute the calls after people have provided you evidence to the contrary?

We were damned good tonight. I bet our boys would be ****ing devastated. I feel bad for them, and I feel even worse for our supporters. Deserved better imo.
Did you go to the ground or watch on TV?

No disrespect to your opinion but at the ground it was obvious that Penrith were winning the ruck all night. I agree, we defended well but our attack at crucial stages lacked composure and polish. We came up with some really ordinary sets when we attacked Penrith inside their 20m zone and finished the sets with ineffective kicks. There were also passes hitting the deck and players running back to pick them up.

Anyone else notice when Campbell Gillard pulled Taupau's hair but didn't get penalised yet when Lussick pulled Woods hair, it's a penalty. Where's the consistency??

I'm trying to find a screen grab, and while i was admittedly a handful of beers deep, I'm pretty sure Tamou deliberately stomped on Turbo's hand at one point that the camera just caught a quick glimpse at. He was looking down right at it and went bang.

The way the game is officiated is enough to stop me following NRL, but that means walking out on my club and I can't bring myself to do that...but I have no respect for the NRL and if it wasn't for my love of the Eagles, I would just go and follow AFL.

I'm not even just referring to last night...it's he whole thing. The constant penalties for strips that aren't strips, the different interpretation of the ruck, the no shoulder charge, no tackle in the air unless they are trying to score a try, no stripping unless they are in the act of scoring and that has to be in the in goal to constitute the act of scoring, 7 tackle set for kicking it dead...talk about making a simple game complicated. And that's before we talk about the anti climax of every try sending anxiety through the veins of supporters because it has to be "cleared" first...and that's like playing Keno.

Peach

I thought you had to have clear evidence to overturn a decision. Didn't see it, nor did the commentators on Nine. Even Rabbits Warren made a comment and he tends not to comment about such things any time. Very disappointed and feel as if we were never meant to win a close game.

Christ even Greg Alexander said if the on field call is "no try" then there's no way the bunker can overturn it.

How a referee can rule that Peachey try as "TRY" on field is baffling. The entire bunker system is a complete farce.

If a ref has no f**king idea then he should go upstairs and say "not sure, please check".

I was at the game, I was in line with that Walker offside. It was as tight as you can get. Looked line ball to me. Not enough evidence to overturn.

We sure do get the short stick with a lot of overturned calls.

I'm sure Uate also grounded the ball with his hand out of view, or at minimum the wrist which still constitutes as a try. If they sent walkers one up as a try than it should have been a try. Our defence was great all night, Penrith only really scored via breaking through us in the 79th minute when we were probably just thinking about getting the ball back. We were robbed fullstop.

We've all seen worse put downs throughout the year than Uate's and have been awarded try. The onfield ref awarded it a try where in other instances they've awarded no try and the flunker overuled because they got their little pinky on the ball. What a whole lot of BS. I guarantee that if that was Smith, Slater, Cronk or Thurstan or any other NRL darling scoring that try it would've been awarded!! :punch::swear:

Did you go to the ground or watch on TV?

No disrespect to your opinion but at the ground it was obvious that Penrith were winning the ruck all night. I agree, we defended well but our attack at crucial stages lacked composure and polish. We came up with some really ordinary sets when we attacked Penrith inside their 20m zone and finished the sets with ineffective kicks. There were also passes hitting the deck and players running back to pick them up.
Yet it was 10 all after 70 mins

The Script for the finals has already been written. It will be a Newscorp (Broncos) Vs News Ltd (Storm) Grand final. This is so obvious as to be painful. Storm will win of course with the match winner to be scored around the 70 min mark by Coopy or Billy.
Fairytale.

Of course Walker was a fifty/ fifty and the Bunker had insufficient evidence to overrule. But they have to abide by the script, or big Toddy will crush them and their jobs.