Warriors Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Was just browsing the warriors forum to see any updated news regarding their squad and noticed they seem to have a player rating system after each game where players are rated out of ten and Tge score averaged out. I know we do a thread 3,2,1 rating but thought the Warriors system looked good. Scores are probably averaged out over the year too. Anyway was wondering if that was something we could look at. Just an idea.

Was just browsing the warriors forum to see any updated news regarding their squad and noticed they seem to have a player rating system after each game where players are rated out of ten and Tge score averaged out. I know we do a thread 3,2,1 rating but thought the Warriors system looked good. Scores are probably averaged out over the year too. Anyway was wondering if that was something we could look at. Just an idea.
That would mean I’d have to remember all the players names.... :)

It’s a good idea, I don’t like giving the 3,2,1 as I find it hard to leave some players out, a lot of the time a couple of individual moments of brilliance sees a player get points over the worker, I find the backs often receive the glory and the points while the boys in the engine who laid the platform for the win miss out, rating all players out of 10 similar to state of origin reviews in the paper would be good, bit of extra work for the site admin team but hey.

Last edited:
It’s a good idea, I don’t like giving the 3,2,1 as I find it hard to leave some players out, a lot of the time a couple of individual moments of brilliance sees a player get points over the worker, I find the backs often receive the glory and the points while the boys in the engine who laid the platform for the win miss out, rating all player out of 10 similar to state of origin reviews in the paper would be good, bit of extra work for the site admin team but hey.
Yeah agree. And it would be interesting to see how the players score over the season too. What do you think Dan? Borders are open to nz sounds like a good time to take a business trip on behalf of silvertails to brainstorm with tajay. Haha.

That would mean I’d have to remember all the players names.... :)
That's the main problem, its ok to think about who stands out, but giving a rating to every player would either be a time consuming chore or just going through the motions.
Hard Work GIF by memecandy

That's the main problem, its ok to think about who stands out, but giving a rating to every player would either be a time consuming chore or just going through the motions.
Hard Work GIF by memecandy
And spending all week scrawling these pages isn’t hard work? Near on everyone on this forum has a view on how each player goes each week. This concept is a good way to quickly rate a performance. It’s not an in depth process (although it might be for some) more just a quick Parker was ordinary 3, Turbo killed it 9, Suli lazy but a few good moments 5. Anyway just an idea and I think an interesting way to track our ratings of players through the year based on their game performance.

so why don't we just give points for hit ups and tackles, points for involvement in the game divided by the ad lib play the coach doesn't want, minus the missed tackle, being out of position, divided by the number of players used in the game multiplied by the number of points you score in the game. Minus collective points for bad hair do's. That should be easy to do.

can just see my mate @jbb/james giving poor daly 0 every week :p :p
This is an interesting game. We played them recently and beat them by kicking early, kicking long in the first attempt of game management seen by manly in donkeys., not sure if it was turning them around or sheer surprise that got us the chockies but ill take it

Will we repeat , there has been none since or will we continue to leave it to tommy

I would never rate a first grader zero cambo but in fairness he has played more 4/10 games than 8 out of 10 this seasoN or have you rated his games higher

so why don't we just give points for hit ups and tackles, points for involvement in the game divided by the ad lib play the coach doesn't want, minus the missed tackle, being out of position, divided by the number of players used in the game multiplied by the number of points you score in the game. Minus collective points for bad hair do's. That should be easy to do.
Some do

They already do, it's called SuperCoach.

This is an interesting game. We played them recently and beat them by kicking early, kicking long in the first attempt of game management seen by manly in donkeys., not sure if it was turning them around or sheer surprise that got us the chockies but ill take it

Will we repeat , there has been none since or will we continue to leave it to tommy

I would never rate a first grader zero cambo but in fairness he has played more 4/10 games than 8 out of 10 this seasoN or have you rated his games higher
i was playing mate.
to be fair i would say he had off days against the roosters and saints they would be 4 or 5 out of 10 games.

I like the idea Waz ..

The silvertails logo is up on the warriors website -

nzwarriors.com

- as @tajhay is a man of his word even though Dan gave him 50 outs to cancel the bet and not put up the logo.

Well done to both 'gentlemen'.

plus the fact that tajhay posted this a month or so ago...

"we try to pick the forum bets with weaker sides"

means that Dan should pack away the "oh you don't have to mate...it's all good."

lol

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8