Wasted talents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alf Duncan. Could have scored 6 tries one game versus Balmain in 1998. Didn't do much after that.

Some others (with thanks to Rugby League Project): Solomon Haumono, Anthony Collela, Andrew Hunter, Luke Phillips (for us anyway, did well at the Roosters), Joe Taylor, Albert Torrens, Corey Underwood, Greg Ebrill, Aaron Cannings, Tony Jensen, Kane Cleal, Mitch Creary, Jack Afamasaga, Nick Bradley.

I think all those blokes could have had (for one reason or another) better careers than they did.

Just my opinion though, could be wrong.

The guy who the Sharks bought from the dogs. Ended up playing reserve grade for the sharkies. then mover to parra 2 years back and played for wentworthville.

Oljenik was another player with so much potential and threw it away or wasn't interested.

Albert Torrens for sure, he won the junior player of the year and then went absolutly no where / walkabout.

Vaeliki who showed talent but did nothing.

T.Williams is heading down the same path as he is now on the bench and that is only due to a forward injury.

Maybe off topic as I'm not sure why this guys career was short but a referee from a while back, Kelvin Jeffes.

He looked to be a really good young ref & for some reason disappeared.

Not sure what he did wrong. Maybe the same as Teddy Lyons, he was a Manly boy.

deadlyeagle said:
Albert Torrens for sure, he won the junior player of the year and then went absolutly no where / walkabout.

T.Williams is heading down the same path as he is now on the bench and that is only due to a forward injury.

Really?

Torrens played for us for years, and was pretty good in a fairly poor side if you ask me.

eagleE said:
The guy who the Sharks bought from the dogs. Ended up playing reserve grade for the sharkies. then mover to parra 2 years back and played for wentworthville.

Oljenik was another player with so much potential and threw it away or wasn't interested.

Karlos Filinga touted as the next SBW, poor bloke never stood a chance

eagles2win said:
eagleE said:

Karlos Filinga touted as the next SBW, poor bloke never stood a chance

Thats the one.

Daniel said:
deadlyeagle said:

Really?

Torrens played for us for years, and was pretty good in a fairly poor side if you ask me.

Yeah Alby Torrens was a good player for a little bloke. Fact, he played 147 games for us and the Beagles and scored 75 tries. Pretty ****en good imo.

I agree. Albert probably falls into the most underrated players we've had. Although he is responsible for one of the worst shots at goal I've ever seen at Brookie, I can't split a shot between him and Cliffy that both went closer to the corner post than the actual goal.

Cliffy's was the worst by far. That was incredible, he could have just flicked it over instead of kicking it

Lord Ted Goodwin at Saints and Newtown. On his day he was brilliant. Just watch the 1977 GF replay against Parramattaaaah. But his career fell away rapidly after that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6