Wasted talents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shannon nevin? He's was bloody awesome in some mid 90's games i have on video. Never missed ridge when he was injured because nevin did such a good job.

Luke Branighan - Had a ripper of a season for stgeorge illawarra in 2000, had phil gould all over him as the next biggest thing. Signed a decent deal to go to cronulla in 2001, only played 1 game for them firstly due to injury then Jason ferris doing to good of a job in his absence and was never seen again.

Rick Chisolm - played in the halves for us for way to short a period - he had the best side step I have ever seen. Passed away a few years ago - very sad.

You gotta think that Johns could have been better if he wasn't a druggo.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Owen Cragie maybe

He lined up against a mate of mine on the weekend in Newcastle and he ran rings around the team - his team lost but he was a cut above everyone on the field.

Menzies, Kosef and Gartner were the best back row I have seen. Shame they didn't stay healthy together after steering Manly to the 1995-1996-1997 grand finals. The most balanced back row ever, with some pretty handy props.

Chip and Chase said:

Or maybe "drugs" really aren't that "bayad, mmkay".
Maybe as long as you're fit & healthy and can do your job, what you do on your own time is your own business.

silvertail said:
Menzies, Kosef and Gartner were the best back row I have seen. Shame they didn't stay healthy together after steering Manly to the 1995-1996-1997 grand finals. The most balanced back row ever, with some pretty handy props.

I've often wondered how good our backrow would've been if we somehow got Bradley Clyde as well.

Duff said:
Chip and Chase said:

Or maybe "drugs" really aren't that "bayad, mmkay".
Maybe as long as you're fit & healthy and can do your job, what you do on your own time is your own business.

It would've affected him no more than alcohol affects players like Carney. At least Johns managed ti keep his name out the papers.

Way too much fuss is made over Johns' drug use. You'd think that the bloke was shooting up hourly & leaving dirty needles in a kindergarten sand pit by the way some people talk about it.

Wasn't there some bloke who was picked to play origin but didn't even bother to turn up to training? Graham Lyons ? Can't recall the circumstances.

Andrew Johns' issues were kept quiet because it was in Newcastle which is a one team town and they kept it quiet.

If it had happened now and he played in Sydney it would have been all over the papers too.

Brett Stewart:
2 serious injuries in 2009 and 2010 saw him play only 5 matches in 2 seasons. Major knee injury occured as he was about to make a play at being the world's best fullback and NRL Glamour boy. Had just played in NRL grand final and World cup championship with great success.

Now at age 26, the current 2011 season is already marred by niggling injuries. His major injury was very similar to Matt Bowen's injury and he has never regained his old form. Brett and Manly must be hoping he can recover from all these setbacks to regain some of his scintillating speed and try scoring prowess that made him a Sea Eagles legend.

Cut down as he was about to show everyone that he was probably in the top 5 football players in the world. :mad:

Darren, this is starting to get beyond a ****ing joke now. Give it up mate

If you want to have a yarn about wasted talents, write a few paragraphs about Groome, but FFS, Australian Fullback, NSW Fullback, Grand Final winner is nowhere near a wasted talent and never will be.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4