Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Surely Choc, who has given so much service to this club, should be given the benefit of his word over some sports journo hack. Haven't we all learned by now what these newspaper assholes are all about. Until he says he's walking, which by the way he never has, then he'll be a Manly legend and given my respect.

niccipops said:
panash said:
the meeting between tooves & foran wasnt one or ideal a coach/player should have.

So is there a current issue between Tooves and Foz or has it been dealt with and moved on?

specific details were not mentioned. i didnt really get the chance to ask
it was in passing.( like i said not ideal , i understood it as lack of respect )

the main conversation was about contracts of different players including non-manly players.And how in general player contracts are not discreet as they should be , because they can & do start trouble.

manly players leaving or not was not even mentioned.

Just saw a couple of comments come up on FB from his mrs, that said he hasn't signed anything, and is totally focused on Manly

Also that she hopes it is the end of the media storm in a teacup because he has children that read all this stuff that is untrue

RE: Watmough

I'll agree I fired the 1st shot then @QldEagle01

But your first post and view on Choc was pretty heavy (and did upset a lotta' Choc fans mate). I don't want that to go any further, as we clearly have different views on Anthony. Apart from agreeing if he wants out, then perhaps let it happen.

Let's BOTH get over it now!

Nice tatt! What do ya' think of mine below ("Manly for Life" it says).

She's only a week old, but there's no chance I'll split up and regret it, lol!

Very interesting. Thanks @panash

I don't see how those issues can be Toovey's fault.
In Tooves we trust.

niccipops said:
Very interesting. Thanks @panash

I don't see how those issues can be Toovey's fault.
In Tooves we trust.

neither do i. however that is my opinion.

niccipops said:
panash said:
the meeting between tooves & foran wasnt one or ideal a coach/player should have.

So is there a current issue between Tooves and Foz or has it been dealt with and moved on?
Tooves and Foz are pretty tight now, in fact they might get married and have some little Foozes.

Mitch said:
Choc will always be Manly. I'm sure he is well aware that leaving the club may tarnish his legacy, so if he does leave I know his reasoning would have a lot of merit and it would be with a heavy heart.

No one knows what has gone on behind the scenes, yet we all seem to make judgement. While I have been more than a little frustrated with everything that is going on, I won't toss years of memories of his passion for the club away because of the perception that has been created of him through the media.

Great post.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Just saw a couple of comments come up on FB from his mrs, that said he hasn't signed anything, and is totally focused on Manly

Also that she hopes it is the end of the media storm in a teacup because he has children that read all this stuff that is untrue

Someone should tell them both to shutup - oh that's right, the club tried to. Do they know nothing about not giving a story oxygen? Seriously, it's Rule #1.

Kiwi Eagle said:

It sounds like the media is getting Choc down. I wish people on here would stop bagging him.
It's un-Manly.:(

Kiwi Eagle said:

Are you reading that on my fb page.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Tooves and Foz are pretty tight now, in fact they might get married and have some little Foozes.
That combination of genetics would actually make a fantastic player.
I think it's time for me to get off here.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Someone should tell them both to shutup - oh that's right, the club tried to. Do they know nothing about not giving a story oxygen? Seriously, it's Rule #1.
Considering she has said this on my fb page, I think she's free to say whatever she likes. Maybe it shouldn't be repeated on here.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

From the cradle to the grave marketing.

Choc's manager has obviously done a deal with Weidler/Channel 9 to provide a series of "exclusive" interviews a la Bec Hewitt and Woman's Day. He obviously has to come up with something interesting otherwise it's an epic fail. Hence the embarrassing finale from Weidler along the lines of "so , the spotlight almost drove you out of the game ?". Choc misses his cue and looks rather awkward in response. At that very instant the Academy Award slipped through his fingers like a loose carry in the opening set of six.

Disco said:
Hamster Huey said:
Disco said:
I'm sure we could do an agreement with Watmough and Parra,

They agree to pay him a 300k signing bonus and he agrees to forgo any payments we owe him

Can't be done. It is deferred payments and must be included in our Cap.
Even if Watmough agrees to forgo the payments as a condition of his release?

*theoretical. . Please don't go Choc

No choice. The contract provided to the NRL is considered over the course of it, taking into account total value/player worth. The NRL has accepted we paid less for him initially, but will not waver on the increased amount coming off our Cap over the final year.

Same when Gasnier left the Dragons a year before his last contract, with the NRL forcing them to carry his amount into their Cap, even though he retired.

Designed to prevent rorting with player/club agree they only intend to keep him for two years, providing the NRL with a three year deal with backloading, then parting ways to avoid the final year.

Look I'm gonna get some sleep, if any more news on choc comes through can you let me know?

Kiwi Eagle said:

No child should have to live with the indignity of being linked to the eels.

marga said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Are you reading that on my fb page.

Hi marga

To be honest I have no idea, something just popped up on my newsfeed and I saw those comments there, it may well have been but don't know for sure as it's not coming up now

niccipops said:
panash said:

There was never any issue between Toovey and Foran. Foran simply used Toovey as a soundboard for issues he had with the "club", not any issue with Toovey personally.

It's a work place, and Toovey happens to be the link between the board and the players. Foran was getting a few things off his chest, and chose to speak with Tooves. It's only a selection of fans that decided to construe that as issues between the two personally.

It breaks my heart but my gut feeling is that he did sign a deal and is plain lying about it. He got caught with his pants down.

News Ltd are all over this and are even denying his denial.

I hope I am wrong, I really do, but if true he should be walked out in the offseason and his life membership revoked. Just my opinion given the timing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8