Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

I say grant him a release. Choc you have been a great servant but its clear you dont want to be here. So on your bike.

We need player's who want to be at the club.

The timing of this is so disrespectful especially on the eve of the finals.

At last the club can move on from this selfish and self indulgence.

No fears though we have talent coming through. I have total faith.

The NSW and Australian forward remains disappointed with the treatment of friend and teammate Glenn Stewart, who wasn't tabled an offer to remain at Brookvale next season. Stewart will instead join South Sydney.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-signs-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html#ixzz3CgHLVEgG

_
Perhaps Choc doesn't understand that Manly chose to keep Choc over Glenn? Choc's backended contract and more than fair offer for 2016 and 2017 is why there was no offer for Glenn.

See you later thanks for your service.
Thanks for the bad media you've given the club since 2002 as well
-DVOs
-abusing sponsors
-midweek drinking sessions
-urinating in public

Listing those things not to bag him but to point how manly has been good for him and tolerant of his WILD past. He has matured it's just a shame he doesn't seem to appreciate manlys patience with him and show the same patience back in regards to recruitment and retention.

Players come and go as fans we support the logo, the name and the colours.

that Fluffy is the big question.Is 300k the price to end this ****?I would pay it and I have been chocs greatest admirer.

If I were Toovey I would stand him down for the semi final series. Bring in Chee Kam, whoever and give them some semi final experience. Watmough does not want to be here so let's look to those that will be doing his role in the future.

We are looking shot presently, so let's get Generation Next in.

300k is peanuts compared to Choc potentially undermining our halves who are off contract in 2015. :cool:

Lets focus on the footy and maybe the Players will do the same :idea:

Shoe1 said:
The NSW and Australian forward remains disappointed with the treatment of friend and teammate Glenn Stewart, who wasn't tabled an offer to remain at Brookvale next season. Stewart will instead join South Sydney.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-signs-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html#ixzz3CgHLVEgG

_
Perhaps Choc doesn't understand that Manly chose to keep Choc over Glenn? Choc's backended contract and more than fair offer for 2016 and 2017 is why there was no offer for Glenn.

What's worse is that it appears Choc tried to deflect the flack to "greedy" dce.

i was feeling supremely confident mid-way through the year. Then the off-field dramas, Stewart injury, Buhrer injury, Ballin injury - the pendulum has swung so far. Do we have one last big effort left in us?

Fluffy said:
Chip and Chase said:
susan said:
Choc is a legend.Has spilt so much blood for us. We should release him if he wants to go unless it is financially crazy.The sooner we lance this boil and deal with this dissent within the club the better.Look to the future now.

IF these claims of him signing a deal are true, then I agree that we should release him straight away. His position here would be untenable for next season based on this information.

The cynic in me would suggest that "releasing" this information at this particular point in time is designed to precipitate that exact response.

But can you afford to have 300K on your salary cap for a player playing elsewhere?

This means you start the back ending cycle all over again, which is really what started all this in the first place.

We owe him that $300K "backended" money regardless of his 2015 contract. So it has to be paid whether he is here or not. If we release him at least we can free up the contracted amount for 2015 season. If he wants a release then it has to be a clean cut, no way we release him and pay any portion of his 2015 salary.

bones said:
All this bull**** has already cost us the minor premiership and will also cost us any chance of another premiership. I'm almost over anything NRL related to be honest.

I agree. What I can ignore is all the media rumours, my heart rate didn't even rise over the supposed players all leaving to follow Des. It was in the media, but until 'official' it was just business as usual for the anti manly media and business as usual for me ignoring them.

Unfortunately now the virus is seeping into this forum (do virus'eseses seep?) and the negativity is awash with numerous threads on the same negative topic.

Whilst members have the right to post what they want, I don't think even the very best trolls could have managed to cloud what should be another exciting finals charge as well as some of our own fans.

I think I have to go past 9 negative threads before seeing the 'well done hodges' one!

So I was kinda hoping to have an exciting forum full of hopes and expectations of another GF charge.

Alas.

Anyway, post away people!

Crusher_Cleal said:
i was feeling supremely confident mid-way through the year. Then the off-field dramas, Stewart injury, Buhrer injury, Ballin injury - the pendulum has swung so far. Do we have one last big effort left in us?

Maybe one, but we will need 3 to lift the trophy.

RE: Watmough

I read somewhere if Manly were to release him he would still be on our cap for about 300k of the 900k for next year

I'm sure we could do an agreement with Watmough and Parra,

They agree to pay him a 300k signing bonus and he agrees to forgo any payments we owe him

One thing I will say about Choc is that he has given 100% in every game lately,unlike a couple of others.Individually at least he has upheld his commitment to the team....if he has effected others in the team, which he has, then I hold them primarily responsible.Have a stiff glass of cement and get on with it.That 12k a week must soften the hardship.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Merge the threads

I think the fact he has signed elsewhere warrants its own Thread rather then being buried pages into a "Watmough" thread

t-rex is playing well. Let's get him back!!!!!

The Eagle Has Landed said:
What a slap in the face to all his team mates and fans just before the semi's

This bombshell news could come out after the end of manly's season. But of course who would release it - parra of course, to deflect from their poor ending to the year.

The players seem to making management pay.

Usually when something smells like ****e it is.

For weeks the players have spoke to the media made comments that were inappropriate and all this at the end of the season.

It doesn't matter who signs where or when if you want it to remain confidential for a period of time that could easily be arranged.

Watmough is trying to make a point and at a very crucial time.

In my books - DISGUSTING !!

Have a little principle.

It's true when they say forwards are meat heads

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10