Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Really whether or not he has signed with Parra is fast becoming irrelevant.It is the chaos surrounding all this player dissent that is killing us.IMO it would be a circuit breaker if he has signed.The issue needs to be dealt with and this may be the thing that forces the issue.

Putting the Glenn Stewart issue aside it seems to me that a lot of the sticking points over the past year or two have been the length of contracts offered with guys like Choc , Snake, Matai etc wanting an extra year (on top $) than what we were prepared to do.
From memory Snakes last deal, he wanted 3yrs and the club offered 2yrs and then went with 3yrs ( not 100% on this but something like that).
IF true that Choc has signed on at Parra for 3yrs, that is one more than we offered.
Ditto for Matai at the Warriors.
That extra year can make or break us, we just have to trust that Tooves and Co know what's best.
On one hand we break the bank to keep our ageing Champions and have to let go Gutho, Tom and Jake etc or we hold firm on the future plans.
Either way, there will be angst and pain.

yep.choc denying it solves everything.all systems go....

StuBoot said:
Putting the Glenn Stewart issue aside it seems to me that a lot of the sticking points over the past year or two have been the length of contracts offered with guys like Choc , Snake, Matai etc wanting an extra year (on top $) than what we were prepared to do.
From memory Snakes last deal, he wanted 3yrs and the club offered 2yrs and then went with 3yrs ( not 100% on this but something like that).
IF true that Choc has signed on at Parra for 3yrs, that is one more than we offered.
Ditto for Matai at the Warriors.
That extra year can make or break us, we just have to trust that Tooves and Co know what's best.
On one hand we break the bank to keep our ageing Champions and have to let go Gutho, Tom and Jake etc or we hold firm on the future plans.
Either way, there will be angst and pain.
Brett Signed for 4 years @stuboot

As susan pointed out this does not solve much - it is just another band aid over the festering wound

Yeah he just put on facebook that it's false too.

What a farce this is, all I want is a happy team and another premiership, the players should bend to my will

Seriously though I think 4 more years of choc is 2 years too many

Who leaked this story to SMH

Good to hear that Choc has refuted it.

In my book, the club has done A LOT for Choc. All we, as fans, ask is for a little respect in return. If he wants to leave in 2016, that's his prerogative and no one will harbour any harsh feelings towards him.

I'd hate to see a legacy like Choc's tarnished over a poor handling of this situation. Be classy Choc and you'll always be held in the highest regard. Don't, for f....s sake, do a Des.

Im not into his choc bashing reactionary crap. Ill say it again the players are not bigger than the club and the decision to release glen was a solid decision. Not offering him a contract and showing no leadership in this decision has been poorly handled. Looking at the eventual fallout its clear management had no idea of the possible fallout, which says a lot.

Management have played secret squirrels with a playing group that quite frankly deserved better.a retention plan would have been know and discussed within this senior playing group. I know this is not usual business practice but this is no usual group.they have shown a commitment to stay together. Its obvious by contracts offered choc and skivvy were still part of there mid term plans and an honest appraisal of the future and current retention should have been part of the strategy. We have to accept these guys have accepted less to stay

If this is true we have to release choc. , we cant release choc and make steve. Stay. Thats going to make it worse and snakey is playing his cards close to his chest. Its not a shame that these players are leaving, its that they dont want to be here regardless of conditions. Its obvious he culture of the football team isnt the same culture in the club . Isnt that the same culture that forced des out. I love manly but to blame players and coaches for not wanting to be part of a organisation that has a culture if toxicity for many years is just plain stupid

On field v off field

If we transpire the practices of both sets of workers and applied them to he players our team would look like this

Cherry wouldnt be on the outer he would have an avo against him. He wouldnt be allowed in he leagues club and player drinks would e held a another location
Training couldnt be held at brookie because a player isnt allowed into brookie
Jamie lyons captaincy would be in doubt . They all want jamie as captain but he wasnt appointed he correct way
A players honesty would be in question because he was given a team esky
After a player cashed a cheque in he club with permission he was called a thief
Players want to take it outside as they both want control of the carpark

While i applaud all the people who given up there time, and if.i had retained my voting rights i wold have voted with the current board. Clearly the current conditions in the club has affected the ability to correctly administer an effective working environment and stuff has to change. I get his is a ownershp and voting issue but unless this is fixed we will be a premiership force no longer.

Leaders need to lead

susan said:
Really whether or not he has signed with Parra is fast becoming irrelevant.It is the chaos surrounding all this player dissent that is killing us.IMO it would be a circuit breaker if he has signed.The issue needs to be dealt with and this may be the thing that forces the issue.

Thank god you didn't bring up the boil needs to be lanced analogy again...?

susan said:

Thank god you didn't bring up the boil needs to be lanced analogy again...lol

Are those of you bagging the bloke about the timing of this announcement for real ?

Hardly his fault if some hack from a newspaper decides to run a story with no confirmation from any party at this time

Good riddance, Please keep your dummy in your mouth until you go.

He's helped us to two premierships, and ten straight finals series. Can't knock the guy for that.

But between all the dropped balls, wayward passes, penalties given away, bad press off the field etc... I won't be too sad to see the back of him. His best years are behind him and even they were rocks and diamonds. Time for someone new to take his place.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Are those of you bagging the bloke about the timing of this announcement for real ?

Hardly his fault if some hack from a newspaper decides to run a story with no confirmation from any party at this time

I've realised that's a mighty big brick wall you're running into.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10