Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Watmough

what I'm about to say has, I'm sure been said by others but I refuse to look back through the posts, but here goes. There are so many rumours going about that I will not do myself any good in following them. I have absolutely no way to control the out come so why should I get myself in a tizz about it. I'm going to wait and see what transpires. May be novel that is my take.

xavier said:
But all the evidence points to them wanting to leave

Outside of reports from a few people in the media, what evidence exactly do we have of these guys wanting out ?

xavier said:
Do we really want to keep Watmough if he doesn't want to stay? Same with Stewart, and Foran. Those who say that all this discord hasn't effected the on field performance are talking rubbish. The side is flat, disjointed, and lacking any spirit - exactly what you'd expect if players are not getting on with one another. Personally I don't want to support a side thats split.

I think these guys will probably regret it if they leave, and I'm sure they'll not taste success again- Watmough's not going to transform Parra, and can you imagine the hell of playing for Ricky week to week. They'll also be under a lot of pressure to perform whereever they go. Snake, in particular is not thinking clearly if he wants to risk his dodgy hamstring at another club. The Raiders are so desperate they'd take our ball boys if they could.

But all the evidence points to them wanting to leave, and the club is bigger than any of them. Letting them go would give air to the younger playing group and probably increase our chance of keeping cherry.

So we get rid of everyone and keep DCE?? Would be pretty tough to win games on his own mate.

RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

I would think that for a local junior , who has had a significant impact on our success, should at least be afforded some benefit of the doubt

But no let's string him up and burn him based on a media report which he has denied

the mauler said:
xavier said:
Do we really want to keep Watmough if he doesn't want to stay? Same with Stewart, and Foran. Those who say that all this discord hasn't effected the on field performance are talking rubbish. The side is flat, disjointed, and lacking any spirit - exactly what you'd expect if players are not getting on with one another. Personally I don't want to support a side thats split.

I think these guys will probably regret it if they leave, and I'm sure they'll not taste success again- Watmough's not going to transform Parra, and can you imagine the hell of playing for Ricky week to week. They'll also be under a lot of pressure to perform whereever they go. Snake, in particular is not thinking clearly if he wants to risk his dodgy hamstring at another club. The Raiders are so desperate they'd take our ball boys if they could.

But all the evidence points to them wanting to leave, and the club is bigger than any of them. Letting them go would give air to the younger playing group and probably increase our chance of keeping cherry.

So we get rid of everyone and keep DCE?? Would be pretty tough to win games on his own mate.

I'd say Yes. And Foran.

Unfortunately Watmough and Stewart are in the twighlight of their careers and Matai deserves to go where his opportunities are best for him and his family.

DCE and Foran are musts for our squad, good forwards are a dime a dozen- a great, let alone good, halves pairing are very hard to come by. Stewart can't be replaced but if he doesn't want to be here let him go.

DCE and Foran must be our priorities. and Lawrence- He is going to be an outstanding Prop Forward in years to come.

nodd said:
Stevo said:
RiverEagle said:
How's this then @QldEagle01

You haven't got a sense-of-humour either.

3 strikes, you're out.

I'm sure we'll both survive.

All the best. Wayne-Kerr.

Mate you just pick fights with everyone don't you?

and you don't Heavy Hitter?

I play the ball. Not the man mate.

Not a matter of DCE playing on his own. Pretty much all the under 25 year olds have resigned, happily I might add. If the old guys want a 3 year deal to see out their careers it's unfortunately in the clubs best interest then that they do it elsewhere and Manly move forward with the next generation.

Didn't think he could sign for 2016 till November.

Anyway, if it's true, let him go. He's given his all for Manly. No regrets, no bad blood.

Then, give DCE the captaincy and whatever he wants. Upgrade him and Foz with Chocs money.

Loobs said:
Not a matter of DCE playing on his own. Pretty much all the under 25 year olds have resigned, happily I might add. If the old guys want a 3 year deal to see out their careers it's unfortunately in the clubs best interest then that they do it elsewhere and Manly move forward with the next generation.

Why does everyone think DCE will definitely be staying??

Well nothing is certain. ****, Greenturd could have his way and have Manly playing all their games out of the MCG by 2016 too. Who knows! But fact - the young guys ARE resigning. They want to be here. That is good news.

Watmough has also come out on twitter and Instagram and called the smh article bull**** (more or less). So make of that what you will...

nodd said:
Stevo said:
nodd said:
Stevo said:
RiverEagle said:
How's this then @QldEagle01

You haven't got a sense-of-humour either.

3 strikes, you're out.

I'm sure we'll both survive.

All the best. Wayne-Kerr.

Mate you just pick fights with everyone don't you?

and you don't Heavy Hitter?

I play the ball. Not the man mate.

ok heavy hitter.

Go and take your heart tablets, old man.

BREAKING: WATMOUGH AGREES DEAL WITH EELS
Details: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/?p=11392
Good move or are his best days behind him?

Disco said:
I'm sure we could do an agreement with Watmough and Parra,

They agree to pay him a 300k signing bonus and he agrees to forgo any payments we owe him

Can't be done. It is deferred payments and must be included in our Cap.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8