Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

I think before Watmough leaves and goes over to Parramatta he needs to look at how they are treating Fui Fui.

It's hilarious, he leaves Manly for Parra because the club treats his loyal mate poorly to go to a club that treats Fui Fui worse.

Choc, wake up mate!!!!

MadMarcus said:
Chip and Chase said:
TWO DOGS said:
ManlyBacker said:
bones said:
I'm loving the irony of you saying 'the smartest tool' instead of 'the sharpest'.

.... And Mark's "cut off his nose to despite his face". It has been a good day :)

These couple of crackers could become famous like "ironstine" and "escaped goat".

Love the "escaped goat". Classic. He must have got out not long after Willo got those photos of it with Dessie.

He must have had a get out claws.

Or Glen Innes the young bloke we were rumoured to be signing from the country.

Ralphie said:
I think before Watmough leaves and goes over to Parramatta he needs to look at how they are treating Fui Fui.

It's hilarious, he leaves Manly for Parra because the club treats his loyal mate poorly to go to a club that treats Fui Fui worse.

Choc, wake up mate!!!!

Exactly. He doesnt care about this. He knows thats the salary cap. He isnt stupid. Its just an excuse to hide that he wants more money thats being offered elsewhere.

RiverEagle said:
QldEagle01 said:
Make the jerk play his final year, drop him to nsw cup and then let him go. Absolute show pony if hes carrying on like a spoilt brat, most of us would die to pull on the maroon and white, hes rubbing our noses in it, piss off Watmough!

Wake up to yourself.

Yes it's an honour to wear the Manly colours.

This "show pony" has bled bullets and poured over a decade of effort in doing so.

Assuming even IF the talk has any truth to it, a bloke has a right to an opinion, and a choice about his place of employment.

Especially a man as loyal as Choc's been to Manly.

A contract's a contract, and I'll be extremely surprised if we released him to go anywhere.

Sooner see the back of a hundred "supporters" like you.

been supporting them a lot longer than you tough man

QldEagle01 said:
RiverEagle said:
QldEagle01 said:
Make the jerk play his final year, drop him to nsw cup and then let him go. Absolute show pony if hes carrying on like a spoilt brat, most of us would die to pull on the maroon and white, hes rubbing our noses in it, piss off Watmough!

Wake up to yourself.

Yes it's an honour to wear the Manly colours.

This "show pony" has bled bullets and poured over a decade of effort in doing so.

Assuming even IF the talk has any truth to it, a bloke has a right to an opinion, and a choice about his place of employment.

Especially a man as loyal as Choc's been to Manly.

A contract's a contract, and I'll be extremely surprised if we released him to go anywhere.

Sooner see the back of a hundred "supporters" like you.

been supporting them a lot longer than you tough man

Well, you need to take a moment and update your profile (at least your age of 44 if that isn't correct). I'm 47 and vividly recall noticing, then watching and liking and rapidly falling for Manly from at least 6 years of age. So I know I've "supported" Manly for over 40 years.

As far as I know, unless you were a genius-toddler that started following at 2 or 3, I've got you slightly covered in longevity as things stand.

I disagreed strongly with your opinion of Choc.

I'd also bet we define "support" very differently too, that's clear.

That is all.

Peace and joy to you.

It's just hilarious how after a loss you lot tear into each other, if this was a general forum and it was some Cowgirl supporter on here ripping into us then understandable but FFS as far as I know we are all Manly fans!!

simon64 said:
I think it's about time someone trotted out one of my personal favourites, "for all intensive purposes".

But I think it may have just been usurped by the "escaped goat". It's hard to type through tears of laughter.

Absolute gold.
That's a mute point. I don't want to hear it.

Mark from Brisbane said:
It's just hilarious how after a loss you lot tear into each other, if this was a general forum and it was some Cowgirl supporter on here ripping into us then understandable but FFS as far as I know we are all Manly fans!!
Lol that's what I'm on here for. Bit of passion, ranting and bs.

QldEagle01 said:
This place is so full of self promoters, "mines bigger than yours", what a joke. Profile updated, enjoy.

Outstanding.
Your age and even being a 3rd generation-supporter is impressive (although considering you were born in 1960-and Manly only "existed" from 1947- it's a little puzzling how your prior 2 generations could have been on board before Manly was even created).

Pre-emptive or ethereal support certainly trumps anything I've done (or in fact ever seen...)

Certainly though, your age and years of support are bigger than mine. Not by much but clearly true.

240-odd posts in 8 years here though is a Tom-Thumb compared to my voluminous outpouring of support for Manly in just 8 months. Or, your disdain for " too many egotists" here perhaps means you regard Silvertails as just as unworthy, or even less, than your view on Choc. That's easy. Don't do something you don't enjoy. You obviously don't like it here.

Which is all your prerogative. I myself take a break from here when needed; but again, loyalty to me means you stick through thick-and-thin.
Good and bad, you see?

As indeed Choc did for Manly, for more than a decade.

I'll always respect and appreciate that. And IF Anthony truly wants out, and not remain a one-club-man, I actually agree with letting him go (to Parra or anyone) if he doesn't want to stay an Eagle for life.

I can't see Us releasing him from his contract, and will only believe it when I see it (not due to a hundred newspapers or forum speculations) and even then, still be grateful for what he's contributed to Manly, right from day-dot, as a Manly junior.

And again I'd stress (to both you and Choc, if able), of the 2 (Manly and Parra) I know where I'd rather be. Now, and into the future.

Manly, of course. And Silvertails. Despite my issues here from time-to-time, I've still poured a lot of time, forethought and emotion into the place. And perhaps similar to Choc and Manly, I simply have some frustrations I need to voice now and then (though I'm fully aware I'm only on an incentive-deal here). Meaning with myself and Silvertails, lol.

But from the very little I've seen of U, I'm not sure why you put yourself through the unpleasantness of both supporting Manly AND Silvertails at all, to be frank!

Lastly, you can't complain about "too many self-promoters or mine's bigger than yours" when THAT was your 1st point to me! "I've been supporting them a lot longer than you tough man" IS that same self-promotion you're suddenly now complaining about mate.

Mitch said:
From Phil Rothfield 8/9/14

WATMOUGH ON WAY OUT

I’m 99.9 per cent certain the Blues Origin star will be wearing Parramatta’s blue and gold jersey from 2015 onwards.

Wasn't he 100% sure before?

I'm taking this as good news then...

Para need fumbly hands, sideways running, and dumbass penalties to keep them mired in the bottom half of the table. Parra will not bring out Choc's best to compensate for his weaknesses IMO.

Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Oh Fudge!!!

Adrian Proszenko breaking with news that Wamough has agreed to a 3 yr deal with Parra starting from 2016 but could leave earlier if granted a release

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-signs-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

RiverEagle said:
QldEagle01 said:
This place is so full of self promoters, "mines bigger than yours", what a joke. Profile updated, enjoy.

Outstanding.
Your age and even being a 3rd generation-supporter is impressive (although considering you were born in 1960-and Manly only "existed" from 1947- it's a little puzzling how your prior 2 generations could have been on board before Manly was even created).

Pre-emptive or ethereal support certainly trumps anything I've done (or in fact ever seen...)

Certainly though, your age and years of support are bigger than mine. Not by much but clearly true.

240-odd posts in 8 years here though is a Tom-Thumb compared to my voluminous outpouring of support for Manly in just 8 months. Or, your disdain for " too many egotists" here perhaps means you regard Silvertails as just as unworthy, or even less, than your view on Choc. That's easy. Don't do something you don't enjoy. You obviously don't like it here.

Which is all your prerogative. I myself take a break from here when needed; but again, loyalty to me means you stick through thick-and-thin.
Good and bad, you see?

As indeed Choc did for Manly, for more than a decade.

I'll always respect and appreciate that. And IF Anthony truly wants out, and not remain a one-club-man, I actually agree with letting him go (to Parra or anyone) if he doesn't want to stay an Eagle for life.

I can't see Us releasing him from his contract, and will only believe it when I see it (not due to a hundred newspapers or forum speculations) and even then, still be grateful for what he's contributed to Manly, right from day-dot, as a Manly junior.

And again I'd stress (to both you and Choc, if able), of the 2 (Manly and Parra) I know where I'd rather be. Now, and into the future.

Manly, of course. And Silvertails. Despite my issues here from time-to-time, I've still poured a lot of time, forethought and emotion into the place. And perhaps similar to Choc and Manly, I simply have some frustrations I need to voice now and then (though I'm fully aware I'm only on an incentive-deal here). Meaning with myself and Silvertails, lol.

But from the very little I've seen of U, I'm not sure why you put yourself through the unpleasantness of both supporting Manly AND Silvertails at all, to be frank!

Lastly, you can't complain about "too many self-promoters or mine's bigger than yours" when THAT was your 1st point to me! "I've been supporting them a lot longer than you tough man" IS that same self-promotion you're suddenly now complaining about mate.

Nice waste of time showpony as I certainly dont intend to wade through your crap reply have a lovely life tosser

All he has to do is come out and say hes staying. Until he does that take it as a big f@×! you suporters.

RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

One more year with manly and his body will be stuffed anyway so Parra can have him after 2015 for 3 years.

Don't understand why he would sign just before the semi finals and allow the media to lick up on it.

Appears that certain players are out to denigrate the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8