Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MPC75 said:
Red Pill said:
Just read that Danny Weidler BS. I hope the part about Manly looking to replace Choc ( really Kingy) with maybe big Willie is true! ( at least another big bopper)
In respect to Weilder his big punch line was that Manly still had money to offer Glenn a contract. Of course we did but at the expense of who? Which was the whole point of letting him go! We can not afford to have half a team retiring at the same time.

MPC75 said:
Can't beleive everyone is going around in circles with this. All this hysteria about Watmough at present is media speculation. Stop crucifying the guy until we know the facts. The facts right now is that he is playing for us and deserves our support, particularly whilst we are playing semi final football.

He has had plenty of chance to speak up and defend the club and assure everyone he was not looking elsewhere! He has chosen not to do this! Where there is smoke there is fire!
Choc has dug his own hole here and it is hurting the club!

He came out and said the other day that he hasn't signed anywhere and that all the rumours and innuendo was affecting him. Surely him standing in front of all his Manly memerobilia was enough evidence that he is passionate about the club. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and lay of the bloke. None of us know the facts.

Except that he hasn't come out and said: I want to stay.

He's probably letting his player manager do all the "talking" and looks like he's suffering as a result.

There's no doubt in my mind that most of the stories get leaked by player managers trying to talk up the contract, and thus their commissions.

But sometimes it doesn't work.

Mark from Brisbane said:
He's probably letting his player manager do all the "talking" and looks like he's suffering as a result.

There's no doubt in my mind that most of the stories get leaked by player managers trying to talk up the contract, and thus their commissions.

Agreed Mark, and it looks as though this has backfired on him. Manly may well not offer him a contract because they have not been impressed how this has played out and all along Choc may have wanted to stay. Like I say, none of us know the facts. Crucifying him is just wrong, his Manager yes, if indeed he is responsible for all this mess.

To me I'm past the point of caring but we should not even try to match the offer he (supposedly has). He was once a top notch player who could demand top dollar but at the moment he is a good first grader who has a lot of miles on the clock. No bidding war needed here I see him as 350 to 400 thou a season now not 600 to 800. To often clubs pay players for what they have done not what they can now do going forward.

Mavin said:
To me I'm past the point of caring but we should not even try to match the offer he (supposedly has). He was once a top notch player who could demand top dollar but at the moment he is a good first grader who has a lot of miles on the clock. No bidding war needed here I see him as 350 to 400 thou a season now not 600 to 800. To often clubs pay players for what they have done not what they can now do going forward.
Agreed. I can't believe he knocked back a two year extension at 600k a year. That was a more than fair retirement package IMO.

The other point is: does choc's suspension for a spear tackle in origin mean that he has an extra loading if suspended this week? He got 3 or weeks last time, so perhaps he is gone for the season anyway. And a couple of games next year.

Shoe1 said:
Mavin said:
Agreed. I can't believe he knocked back a two year extension at 600k a year. That was a more than fair retirement package IMO.

Yep he must be getting bad advice from his manager or he wants out. If I was his manager I would have had him sign the extension that quick because it was overs in my mind. On your second point yes if he is charged he will have loading.

MPC75 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Agreed Mark, and it looks as though this has backfired on him. Manly may well not offer him a contract because they have not been impressed how this has played out and all along Choc may have wanted to stay. Like I say, none of us know the facts. Crucifying him is just wrong, his Manager yes, if indeed he is responsible for all this mess.
Can't wait for him to get on channel nein with his buddy Weidler and tell us how much he wants to stay with Manly and that he does not want to go!
Yes he should not have to recieve unders in doing this and can say this as well!
The FACTS here are that he has not yet done this and has been happy to let people think he is not 100% on board thus help feed the media circus! Choc seems to be strong enough to keep a players manager on a leash! If he wanted too.
He has dug his own hole here! And has certainly not helped the club in the process

MPC75 said:
Can't beleive everyone is going around in circles with this. All this hysteria about Watmough at present is media speculation. Stop crucifying the guy until we know the facts. The facts right now is that he is playing for us and deserves our support, particularly whilst we are playing semi final football.

Here's a FACT !!!!

He is not happy at Manly - coach , players , club & contracts..

Happy worker is a productive worker , He at the moment is not happy..

Hence is stupid channel 9 interviews with that tosser on more than one occasion ...

Why do you think Manly granted him the green light to look for a new contract as of 2016 ???

They are over the childish game.

You dont have to read or search for facts or answers -

Just look at that performance on friday night ( blah blah injuries ).

NO HEART , NO PASSION , NO PRIDE !!! - FACT !!!! I WATCHED IT ALL 80 MINS WITH PAIN IN MY HEART

Penrith say they are basing their 5 year plan on manly. Now I reckon we need to learn from them.

I was shocked when they cut legends like Lewis, coote, Jennings. Look at penrith now. Lewis still plays origin but he is in the wooden spoon team. Jennings is a gun, but penrith didn't like his attitude. Bringing in youth and cutting internationals didn't hurt them, it improved them and their teamwork.

Shoe1 said:
Penrith say they are basing their 5 year plan on manly. Now I reckon we need to learn from them.

I was shocked when they cut legends like Lewis, coote, Jennings. Look at penrith now. Lewis still plays origin but he is in the wooden spoon team. Jennings is a gun, but penrith didn't like his attitude. Bringing in youth and cutting internationals didn't hurt them, it improved them and their teamwork.

Exactly - just heard an interview with Ivan on triple m and he said amongst other things that he looks for players character as a major reason for there signings this year.

Penrith are a breath of fresh air this year ,playing for each other and something we have always had at manly but this second half of this year it seems to have gone out the window.

I can't help think that losing Ivan in the 90s was a mistake. I know both him and tooves a little (played sport with tooves, was a couple of years ahead of Ivan at beacon hill high), and wish both could be part of our system somehow.

Shoe1 said:
I can't help think that losing Ivan in the 90s was a mistake. I know both him and tooves a little (played sport with tooves, was a couple of years ahead of Ivan at beacon hill high), and wish both could be part of our system somehow.

I know it sounds radical but I always hoped Toovey (not saying tooves isn't a fine coach) would be our Chief Exec and Cleary would be our coach.

panash said:
MPC75 said:

Here's a FACT !!!!

He is not happy at Manly - coach , players , club & contracts..

Happy worker is a productive worker , He at the moment is not happy..

Hence is stupid channel 9 interviews with that tosser on more than one occasion ...

Why do you think Manly granted him the green light to look for a new contract as of 2016 ???

They are over the childish game.

You dont have to read or search for facts or answers -

Just look at that performance on friday night ( blah blah injuries ).

NO HEART , NO PASSION , NO PRIDE !!! - FACT !!!! I WATCHED IT ALL 80 MINS WITH PAIN IN MY HEART

How do you know for a fact he is not happy at Manly? Choc's wife seems to think that he doesn't want to leave Manly, she has said so herself. He is playing busted at the moment. That is a fact. Your comments are based on speculation.

Shoe1 said:

He was behind Matthew Ridge at fullback, Terry Hill & Danny Moore in the centres. He was stuck in reggies. Norths or Easts offered him a motza to go there about 94 i think.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6