Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anthony , why did you leave Manly ?
Because you also got a better deal else where and good luck to you that you did as you were a professional footballer .
Now start acting like a gentleman so you can be respected like one .
The club does not need this rubbish from you now Anthony .
Just a word of advice . Don't let the past keep you being a bitter person . Move on and be a better person .
Just be quite and let us remember you for the champion player that you were .
View attachment 8644
Bitter or honest bozo because he saying what alot of people have been saying on this forum for a long time. Blind freddy can see we been had by daly and his manager on 1.3 mill and plays good game every 4. Tyrone roberts will aleast give you same effort every game.
He a bloke all abilty in the world and kicks the ball into touch.

Please @Dana White (UFC), can you please organise a cage match between Mr Botox himself, (WatMOUTH) and Joel Thompson. That I would pay to see the living chit kicked out of WatMOUTH :punch:

Hahaha, I reckon I would plonk a few bucks on Watmough, just quietly.

Wow, you would support a guy who has been at the club for five minutes over a guy who bled for the club and played in four grand finals?! I'm glad I'm not a family member of yours!!!

He not worth the money its that simple not consistent cant play behind beaten pack and has no game management
Get your facts right before mouthing off , for a start .the salary cap is 9.4 million, not 7.
Also you have no idea on the value of his contract and third party deals specific to him , so go and follow another team

Is the fullback that takes up 900k of the cap for 2 tries and a mountain of errors a cancer as well ?
The fullback isn't a 29 year old with a lifetime contract and captain who should be a lot better than he is. I expect Tom to improve before he hit's 29. Tom also fit's in aus team and soo neither of those teams want a bar of DCE but hey he is a great team mate and all this is made up.

Bitter or honest bozo because he saying what alot of people have been saying on this forum for a long time. Blind freddy can see we been had by daly and his manager on 1.3 mill and plays good game every 4. Tyrone roberts will aleast give you same effort every game.
He a bloke all abilty in the world and kicks the ball into touch.
Bitter because he is digging up the past . Bitter because the club does not need this **** now . Bitter because of the way he left Manly . DCE signed the best deal he could get for himself just like Anthony did with the eels and every other professional player including our one and only honourable Incomparable Immortal does .
DCE is a class player and has won us games single handedly . DCE is also a confidence player and our coaching staff don't look capable of motivating our player getting a root at the Gladestone strip club .
That's my view .

We all know DCE is down on form and on a huge contract. He's not your typical footy player personality. I also don't think he's right for the captaincy role. But I'd like to know how many of the people who criticise DCE online, actually know him as person. Have you met him? Have you had a conversation with him? Do you really know anything about him at all apart from his form?
To me DCE seems to be about the most media bashed and online bullied player I've ever witnessed. I think it's wrong and I think it's very bad form from Manly supporters.
Yes his form is down. Yes, like most NRL halves he earns way too much money. But do we have the right to judge and criticise his character.
No.
Just my opinion.

Get your facts right before mouthing off , for a start .the salary cap is 9.4 million, not 7.
Also you have no idea on the value of his contract and third party deals specific to him , so go and follow another team
Facts we been sold a holden but his sales manager said it was a ferrari

Disagree
Did you have that same thought after Manly won 54-0 against Eels?

Ok he is not playing at his best at the moment and ok for the coin he is on we expect perfection, however he took a deal that was offered to him, no KPIs (like the real world) he would have been an idiot not to accept it.

The blame falls squarely on the retention team who created the contract as well as any domino affect it (the contract) has caused.
There doesn’t seem to be as much heat on another million dollar man,Milford,as there is on DCE,despite Milford playing just as erratically.And no doubt Ben Hunt will have a dip in form at some point,just like every player that’s on a million

We all know DCE is down on form and on a huge contract. He's not your typical footy player personality. I also don't think he's right for the captaincy role. But I'd like to know how many of the people who criticise DCE online, actually know him as person. Have you met him? Have you had a conversation with him? Do you really know anything about him at all apart from his form?
To me DCE seems to be about the most media bashed and online bullied player I've ever witnessed. I think it's wrong and I think it's very bad form from Manly supporters.
Yes his form is down. Yes, like most NRL halves he earns way too much money. But do we have the right to judge and criticise his character.
No.
Just my opinion.
I agree.A lot of the people that criticise DCE are also happy to have the likes of Lodge,AFB,Auva’a,Inglis,Cam Smith etc playing the game.DCE is just an easy target.

DCE's rise/ big impact in that first year would never had occurred playing with any other club at the time other than Melb---so to me it all boils down to,

A) Without DCE in 2011 Manly still would of performed to a high standard and made the 8.
B) DCE at any other club as a first year player more than likely would not have played in the Semi's.

(Clearly DCE had more to be thankful for than the senior players in that time)

I don't think the senior players would begrudge DCE for wanting a little more money compared to what he had signed up for at the time---- but to play hardball to the point of extracting damn good money for a first year player pissed the senior group off.

In relation to G.Stewart not being re-signed, i can see both sides of the story. Glenn performance wise was struggling with the speed of the game, had old school size and lacked penetration. Being the obvious leader of the squad and well respected there was never really going to be a good outcome whether Glenn was retained or not.

Nice to see Watmough say Glenn was the best player he played with, in my eyes Glenn was more talented ball-playing wise and football smarts wise compared to his brother---very under-rated.

The only issue i had with Glenn was his lack of go forward and power for the back half of his career, in the earlier years he would hit holes, run straight and had a nice balance of forward play and ball-playing.

Choc was great for us until 2015, before then he was the personification of the club. However after Gifty didn’t get a contract he acted like a child and basically pi$$ed all over any legacy he set at the club.

Gifty not offered contract - Correct decision

Choc being moved on - correct decision

Club prepared reasonable offer for DCE in 2014 - correct decision, Being offered a lifetime $1M+ contract wrong decision but made due to Foz wanting the stitch the club up and the Penns pulling the offer off the table.

Matai being kept here being denied to go to Warriors - wrong decision but done due to all the negative stuff in 2015 and 2017 we paid a full season for him to do nothing for the club

Kite released- correct decision

Foran - trying to keep him at the club massively wrong decision

Snake - Extension duration was the wrong decision but again done for positive news and we needed to keep some experience at the club.

Most of the players that had a problem with DCE were past their used by date.

As polarising as DCE is, Toovey is nothing but all Manly from head to toe and Choc the hasbeen had to have a go at him. This final point is the reason why it’s Choc thanks for the memories but F Off and keep your opinions to yourself you w@nker. Good on Joel for calling him out on it.

Well done Ben Ikin, talking sense about all this Watmough stuff with a clear head. Them other pair of pelicans were just knifing Manly/Tooves/DCE for the sake of it. Thanks Ben.

Maybe we should make Twatmouth an offer:

Option 1: Keep your mouth shut and keep your life membership.

Option 2: Keep slagging us off and lose it.

Whatmough's words spell out how much division has been in our club for far too long!! I sympathise with Choc over what he said but you cant blame DCE for asking for the money he wanted at the time. I question the timing of this!!

Choc was a courageous player during our golden era and he came into the side when the club was really in trouble. I was heart broken when he defected and what he said about our club after he was made a life member by the football club.

The last seven years have been a very defining time and the chronic lack of leadership across the board has lead to the problems that we have now!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8