Watnough - Confession!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
simon64 said:
Under the Sticks said:
it's on again. SMH online reporting that Choc is meeting with Brad tomorrow to discuss joining in 2015

He's meeting with the wrong club. What does it matter what Choc and Brad decide. It's MANLY he's contacted to.

Get a release first Anthony. Then you can talk to the Squeels.

I thought the club already gave him permission to talk to other clubs.

I think that was for 2016 and beyond.

No one gave him permission to leave when the club still owes him 300K and he stands to earn a reported 970K in 2015.

There's the little issue of who pays what.

Choc is a legend but he wants the coin so give him what he's earned in past years......and a flannelette shirt. He'll need a flannelette shirt for official Eels functions.

niccipops said:
The sooner the Choc drama is over the better.
Happy if he stays.
Disappointed if he leaves the club he bled for in a negative frame of mind.
Just get it over with.

My thoughts exactly! Either way quickly resolve where Choc will be playing NRL in 2015.

Mals said:
niccipops said:
The sooner the Choc drama is over the better.
Happy if he stays.
Disappointed if he leaves the club he bled for in a negative frame of mind.
Just get it over with.

My thoughts exactly! Either way quickly resolve where Choc will be playing NRL in 2015.

Agree enoughs been said , decision time please

sheridanstand78 said:
I hope its all announced soon. The club has to move on. Mateo replacement for Watmough? Interesting choice. Id go for Merrin if its possible.

I can't see why we couldn't sign Merrin as well?

Mateo replaces G. Stewart but he is cheaper
Mason replaces King but is cheaper
Merrin could replace Watmough and he could be cheaper??

As much as I respect his play I've never truly warmed to Bluey. His career has a similar trajectory to the NFL's Jared Allen. A player who has always had a sniff of mercenary about them, only contribute to a positive locker room culture if it benefits them, and can turn at the drop of a hat when things don't go their way. Good for a lot of silly penalties and errors at critical moments too.

Jarred Allen transferred this year from the Vikings to one of their main divisional rivals and, in his twilight years, he's been dreadful. So it seems to me Watmough will probably lag just a few months behind his NFL doppelganger in doing the same.

For all Watmough's bombast a few years ago about being a one club player we're now seeing his true colour$ and it's green. To be honest he's probably the one player in our squad I couldn't care less about him being a one club man. If he goes, good riddance. He can take his clapped out motor to a dodgy used car yard on Parramatta Road and get what he can for it.

I wonder if Doesn'tmatta will parade Choc in an Eels jersey to a breathless media, or they will just us a photo of him in that dreadful Comic book blue and yellow strip we were forced to play in?

Matabele said:
As much as I respect his play I've never truly warmed to Bluey. His career has a similar trajectory to the NFL's Jared Allen. A player who has always had a sniff of mercenary about them, only contribute to a positive locker room culture if it benefits them, and can turn at the drop of a hat when things don't go their way. Good for a lot of silly penalties and errors at critical moments too.

Jarred Allen transferred this year from the Vikings to one of their main divisional rivals and, in his twilight years, he's been dreadful. So it seems to me Watmough will probably lag just a few months behind his NFL doppelganger in doing the same.

For all Watmough's bombast a few years ago about being a one club player we're now seeing his true colour$ and it's green. To be honest he's probably the one player in our squad I couldn't care less about him being a one club man. If he goes, good riddance. He can take his clapped out motor to a dodgy used car yard on Parramatta Road and get what he can for it.

Anything we say about him in a negative way will be seen as bitter tears

That said choc was a good player but only really a superstar in 09, otherwise he was a strong player who gave away more ball than any player I can remember, defense since 07 has been good but on the attacking side I've thought he's added little in the last 4 years given the size of his contact

Run sideways, pass, knock on, few hit ups and the occasional scything run, he's no Ben Kennedy or

Change has me nervously excited for next but we need more punch in the back row and a prop or 2 who can bend that line

It's just been confirmed that watmough has been released. Mason,Mateo and Vave signed Jamie Lyon re signs until end of 2016

Good start to the Penn era...how much are we contributing to his 2015 contract? It just doesn't make sense to me to let him go 1 year early when we want to challenge for the title in 2015.

Choc

You have been an outstanding player for this club and have given your all here- bleed Maroon and white

But I think you will regret this decision in a few years time.. Leaving the way you have

Look how players like BK, Kite and Beaver left compared to you. It is what you will be remembered by now

Enjoy your time at the slime!!

Watmough you used to be one of my favourite players!! However over time you developed into Dropmough.. Thanks for the memories enjoy your payday.
Even though your a life member of the Sea Eagles , you carried on like a spoilt brat end of last year. Good Player , but not worth 600K a year nearing retirement

Crusher_Cleal said:
Good start to the Penn era...how much are we contributing to his 2015 contract? It just doesn't make sense to me to let him go 1 year early when we want to challenge for the title in 2015.

Doesn't make sense to keep a player who doesn't want to stay and who is probably most to blame for derailing our 2014 season either.

Crusher_Cleal said:

Makes perfect sense to me.

Yep good riddance in the end he showed his true colours when he "LIED" to everyone on twitter and called out the journo who broke this story . I have no love for journo's but the article in the smh (which choc rubbished) was true. He was a good player in a great era enjoy your time at the eels.

It also rules out Parra making a big offer for DCE. No chance he go's there now. I'm now more confident of him extending his deal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6