WCC Challenge - Another Tour Group?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
This is our sixth year of providing trips to the MWTS and our second tour to the WCC one thing you can be sure of we DO have the runs on the board!!!

Well,I'm about 500s to go at the moment (Ive probably got more chance of sleeping with a supermodel at this stage),but I'll be with you if some miracle does happen.

Hi everyone

Firstly my most humble apologies for the delay in getting details out for this tour but we had encountered a range of stumbling blocks in trying to put together a world class tour for the supporters intending to travel to the WCC in February and we have needed to ensure that everything is in place before we released those details.

BUT we are just putting the finishing touches to our Tour flyer now which WILL come out this afternoon, but here’s some highlights to whet your whistle

The Tour features 2 games, Warrington Wolves V London Bronco’s (so a chance to see Shane Rodney and Michael Robertson play for their Super League Clubs), and of course the WCC at Headingly, premium tickets are included to both games.
Welcome drinks with Sea Eagles admin staff and possibly coaching staff
7 nights accommodation at the Leeds Novotel
Breakfast daily
Exclusive Tour Dinner with the team and coaching staff (some drinks included)
Tour to Manchester United Museum including entrance
Tour to Liverpool for a “Beatles magical Mystery Tour”, includes entrance to the “Beatles Story” in Liverpool
Exclusive dinner at the home of English Rugby League, the George Hotel at Huddersfield (some drinks included)
Tour of the EFL Museum at the George Hotel.
Exclusive access to players during a training session
Exclusive access to the players at their own post match function
Tour Merchandise valued at over $200, this will be a great memory of your tour in the years to come
Low cost single supplement (so if travelling by yourself it won’t cost a fortune)
All transfers and coach travel as listed.
Return Economy airfares with a generous 30KG Baggage allowance (either Sydney or Brisbane to Manchester / London / Paris…other options available at a small surcharge).

The official airline for the Tour is Etihad Airways and they have given us some great fares for the Tour, although naturally you’ll be free to travel with the airline of your choice or use frequent flyer points if you have them.

Your tour host will be former Manly player and now Manly Board member Darrell Williams, and naturally I’ll be on hand to make sure things work smoothly (and you ALL know that always happens on one of my tours).

Thanks for your patience whilst we have dotted the I’s and crossed the t’s but we are sure you will love the finished product which will truly offer you the best “Sea Eagles experience” available.

Cheers all and GO MANLY

Mark Tramby

PS: if you are NOT on my e-mail data base and would like a copy of thre tour flyer I'll be sending this afternoon e-mail me now!!

I assume Darrell Williams will be offerring tour of all the local nightclubs as well?

The Wheel said:
I assume Darrell Williams will be offerring tour of all the local nightclubs as well?

If this trip is anything like 2009 you can bet that will be in the picture.

They were a bunch of not very sober travellers 3 years ago.

Although I am trying to give them a bit more culture and a little less drinking on this occasion (although doubt I will be a success at that!!!)

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

Although I am trying to give them a bit more culture and a little less drinking on this occasion (although doubt I will be a success at that!!!)

What are you saying,Mr Tramby?

There were definitely a few 'uncouth' people on the last tour although being in bed by 9pm every night helps keep you away from those types

ayjay007 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

Yes YOU were a part of that!!

What are you saying,Mr Tramby?

Mybludog said:
There were definitely a few 'uncouth' people on the last tour although being in bed by 9pm every night helps keep you away from those types

And you too....I seem to remember the FIRST person at Manchester airport with a beer at about 9.00am in the morning!!

Oh and as to drinking competitions...the official one would win hands down, knowing the people who are planning on going it would be a no brainer!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I was under the impression that Mark had some sort of arrangement with the club. If so, why would Zorba, a club official, be part of this?

Business is business but Mark has done a great job setting up the tours so far. He has done the leg work and cultivated the market. He is a staunch Manly fan and the couple of tours that I've been on (Gold Coast & Melbourne) were extremely successful. All a bit odd ...

In Weirdlers column in todays Sun Herald

REBEL YELL
PETER PETERS is ruffling Manly officials with the ‘‘rebel’’ supporters group tour he is running to coincide with Manly’s World Club Challenge. Peters has been to Britain 10 times and will take Brett Stewart’s dad, Barry, along with him to be a co-host. Darcy Lussick’s dad, Jason, will be on tour as well as some club sponsors. ‘‘We are not trying to disrupt anything or anyone,’’ Peters said. It would appear Peters’ hopes of getting a place on the Sea Eagles board are not great. Scott Penn is expected to appoint his brother Mark.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/renis-hard-sell-bring-back-mason-20111217-1p06h.html#ixzz1gpjz8gvH

Mark, would you have been hapy to have taken Zorba and the players Dads with your group? Do you think Zorba and crew would have felt a little less important to be travelling with a group of supporters? In your honest opinion, do you feel a little pissed with Zorba's antics? Have you had any contact with him? I know it's a free country and anyone has the right to establish business rivalry, but to me, it seems Zorba may have inadvertantly (or not) stepped on some toes. Very poor form Peter.

I find it curious that someone with links to the Eagles would feel it is appropriate to market a trip in direct competition to the official tour group.

MWTS is about fans getting together - not promoting one group in London whilst the official group is based in Leeds (Several hours travel away) which appears to be the case.

It would be fair to suggest that the club and several officials are not best pleased.

Honestly-this Zorba BS has to stop. He is becoming a very real problem, regardless of his loyal support to the Manly Club.
Another day-another media grab by Zorba for his own petty interests.

Probably best if I don't comment Moz but suffice to say a fair few at Narrabeen have had their feathers ruffled. To date most of the supporters group are coming on the official tour we only know of a few that are doing the other trip.

I couldn't get to the AGM last week, but I know someone who did and the vibe she was picking up is that Zorba is 'on the nose' within the Club, at least with certain elements. In other words, everyone.

No surprises really. Even allowing for a certain slant by Weidler, Zorba really appears to be losing the plot and operating asymetrically from the rest of the organisation.

Just...just...go...Peter...

....back to the Forestville TAB, where you can gamble your money away to your heart's content. Just stay away Zorb!

quinny said:
Honestly-this Zorba BS has to stop. He is becoming a very real problem, regardless of his loyal support to the Manly Club.
Another day-another media grab by Zorba for his own petty interests.

My guess is that he's been a real problem for a while and that no one at the club (other than Perry) had the balls to do anything about him for fear of reprisal in the press via Zorbas media mates. Perry has been made to look like an asshole for getting rid of Zorba and taking back control. If only we knew the truth about Zorba's real motives for hanging around like a bad smell!

Personally I would like to see teh back of Zorba...Whilst I dont doubt his passion for Manly...I cant see him doing anything pro active for the team....Negativety is all he brings now and will only result in splitting the group into factions....Why wouldnt he get together with Ambassador and make it special for all concerned.....Or is it that Ambassador woudlnt give him a freeby.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2