We are a bottom 6 side - Seibs is proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is pretty hard for a coach to fail at the broncos, how many warning signs do the brains trust at manly need. The players bought into Seibold this year and they still flopped. Next year when the brand new car isn't so new we will see the wheels fall off. Have some common sense, pay him out and get a new coach.
Penn likes to keep his coin in his pockets tho..

It's pretty depressing that most of us (me included) would be ecstatic if we'd somehow crept into the bottom half of the eight. I mean, how good would seventh be? Sure, we'd be flogged in week one of the finals, but that would still be a successful season, wouldn't it?

Anyway, that's pretty much as high as we've been aiming lately.

The title of this thread is inaccurate.

'We are a bottom six side - Seibs is proud.'

Seibold said that he was proud of the team in particular games, even when Manly lost.

Nowhere has he been quoted as saying that he is proud that we are currently in the bottom six.

I know that on Silvertails we shouldn't let facts get in the way of some juicy and made-up innuendo, and I - like others - are not in complete agreement with how our season has gone and why, but to suggest that our coach wants Manly - the team he is coach of - to be in the bottom 35% of the ladder is ...............................lacking in judgement.

I would suggest that the vast majority of the problem for this year comes down to the 17 individuals who have worn (or not worn) the MWDRLC jersey, and their inability to execute the game plan consistently on a weekly basis.

Much like every other club that has lost a game this year.

That's like comparing apples and oranges mate.

Last year we were sitting ninth with a plus eighteen f/a before rainbow gate hit.
Last year we had Turbo for seven games

This year there has been no major off field blow up for the coach/team to deal with.
This year we had Turbo for eleven games.

I can't fathom how people just continue to gloss over these FACTS like they don't exist.

I hope Siebold can turn it around, but I'm not overly confident he will.

Edit- We were also robbed blind in two matches last season. The game against the Eels was especially hard to swallow as we lost Tom for the season that night.
Excuses….excuses….

Weren't we a bottom 6 side last year... With a different coach?

Just sayin’
Good point Tragic. Revealing that this is a bottom 6 roster.

I just don’t think the team is very good. Even our “best” players - let’s go through them.

Garrick - good but nothing soecail

Koula - a faster version of Brian Kelly - total lightweight in effort and impact on the line.

DCE - proven star but he Is one player

Jake - good but he is Josh Jackson in disguise

Ola - good but he breaks the line in junk time or against weaker teams. Unproven against the top clubs to create anything, particularly over the last two years.

Ummm -I’m at the end of the list. The rest are Blacktown players or have I forgotten someone?.

NYEagle

Teams performances are really hard to pick. We’re as good s chance of winning all the remaining games as we are losing them.

But people are saying no-one should be frustrated, upset, disappointed or angry at loss XYZ, because no-one expected us to win? Pretty sure you liked some of those comments, too mate.

It's really mixed signals from the positive core tbh.

if we are a 50/50 of winning this weekend (as you claim), care to place a $100 bet on our game against The Warriors? I'm down if you are.

Given injuries, while disappointed I am happy with the progress they are making. A few points out of the 8 and narrow losses to Souths when they were going well, Roosters on the back of 3 games in 11 days, Panthers when some things went against us (we did play some dumb footy but on the back of taking something different to the premiers), a draw with the knights, a 6 point loss to the sharks. With a fit turbo, lodge, paseka, Josh, and some other luck around injuries we could be in the 8.

Given injuries, while disappointed I am happy with the progress they are making. A few points out of the 8 and narrow losses to Souths when they were going well, Roosters on the back of 3 games in 11 days, Panthers when some things went against us (we did play some dumb footy but on the back of taking something different to the premiers), a draw with the knights, a 6 point loss to the sharks. With a fit turbo, lodge, paseka, Josh, and some other luck around injuries we could be in the 8.

The only thing I’m slightly ‘happy’ about coming from this season is that our defence seems to have gotten a little better as the year went on - especially goal line defence. Defence wins premierships so if we can continue to get better there, then I guess there’s hope for a more positive season next year. Other than that, I’m struggling to find positives out of 2023.

The only thing I’m slightly ‘happy’ about coming from this season is that our defence seems to have gotten a little better as the year went on - especially goal line defence. Defence wins premierships so if we can continue to get better there, then I guess there’s hope for a more positive season next year. Other than that, I’m struggling to find positives out of 2023.

At this time last season in defense, we were 12th out of 16
This season, at this time in defense, we are 11th out of 17 (so absolutely an improvement)

Bottom 6 side with a bullet and Seibs is saying he is proud.
Being proud of mediocrity breeds worse.

Who else is proud of being a bottom 6 side? Not me.
Proud ?

What does Proud actually mean ?
feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own high achievements
High Achievements are the results of meeting Benchmark expectations

What is the Benchmark of an achievement ?
A benchmark refers to high standard that has been achieved in the recent past , or what can be reasonably inferred to have been achieved in the circumstances.

The answer to your question feathered friend @XV-1
Should Manly People feel proud of lowering of Legendary clubs Bench mark Performance and not living up to it high premiership Winning Standards ?

To Anthony Seibold
You do not abuse and Undermine the word Proud at Manly by Under Achieving
Because
If we lower our legendary clubs Great Benchmark Winning standards we stand for Nothing Great

Manlys Premiership Winning Proud High Benchmark standards
1691984316011.png

With the amount of resolve, determination, enthusiasm and commitment this team has shown this year I expect we'll capitulate in all 3 remaining games. How can someone who is supposedly an NRL coach be proud of the slop rubbish that's been dished up this year. The garbage home losses to Knights, Titans, Sharks, Souths and away to Roosters for a start were pathetic efforts. This guy is living in gaga land.

At this time last season in defense, we were 12th out of 16
This season, at this time in defense, we are 11th out of 17 (so absolutely an improvement)
🤣 well I was more thinking intra-year rather than comparing with last season. But maybe it’s just an impression I have rather than reality?

How can someone who is supposedly an NRL coach be proud of the slop rubbish that's been dished up this year. The garbage home losses to Knights, Titans, Sharks, Souths and away to Roosters for a start were pathetic efforts. This guy is living in gaga land.
If he is proud of his teams performance position on the bottom of the ladder

You have to ask.
What are Seibold Standards and what does he stand for ?

Because the Quality of Leadership
are reflected in the standards they set for them selves

Anthony Siebold
Leaving his mark and Setting the new Manly standards
1691985743038.png

'We are a bottom six side - Seibs is proud.'

Seibold said that he was proud of the team in particular games, even when Manly lost.

Nowhere has he been quoted as saying that he is proud that we are currently in the bottom six.

I know that on Silvertails we shouldn't let facts get in the way of some juicy and made-up innuendo, and I - like others - are not in complete agreement with how our season has gone and why, but to suggest that our coach wants Manly - the team he is coach of - to be in the bottom 35% of the ladder is ...............................lacking in judgement.

I would suggest that the vast majority of the problem for this year comes down to the 17 individuals who have worn (or not worn) the MWDRLC jersey, and their inability to execute the game plan consistently on a weekly basis.

Much like every other club that has lost a game this year.

I think the title is accurate whilst your points are technically correct I have not heard Seibs acknowledge the reality of our situation ( currently a bottom 6 team) but rather embellish isolated achievements at times.

A head coach words are like seeds that are planted and grow in a team culture
Pride in losing Breeds comfort zones . It does not Breed Accountability

Because Accountability is truly the way that ties commitment to results

The Title of this thread is based on Seibolds proud pressers in proudly praising his losing teams performances

To suggest that the head coach is not accountable for his teams performance is Gullible
and Defending the Defeated and Undefendable

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10