We have shown we can handle injuries to the backline but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Alan said:
Nothing personal, but I'm backing @Susan to be a better sort than you River.

lol, susan is actually a male poster!

not that there's anything wrong with that Alan!

Doesn't change my bet at all. Probably throw a few more bob on it.

110 kg 6ft 1 inches, dog ugly with red hair are my stats.

River would have to have been hit with a couple of ugly sticks to be a worse sort so Im afraid you may have done your money cold Alan :)

susan said:
110 kg 6ft 1 inches, dog ugly with red hair are my stats.

River would have to have been hit with a couple of ugly sticks to be a worse sort so Im afraid you may have done your money cold Alan :)

You sound just like my Gina, and from what I've heard @River didn't just get hit with the ugly stick, he's still playing fetch with it.

Nothing' wrong with a boy named Sue, I guess...I loved old Johnny Cash.

I did read your posts @susan and stand by my blither. In this thread, and in spot-fires here and there, I disagree with the harsh assessments and degree of negativity ppl are throwing up.

I've been saying the same about injuries being crucial for awhile. Likewise, as I'll say again, I rate Brad Arthur.

I disagree totally on Gower v Starling and obviously the recruitment team you praise on one hand, yet are so critical of the players they recruited, AGREE.

If you wanted a better insight into the NSW Cup side, read the NSW Cup thread every week. We discuss them and their performances in detail.
Not hard.

They've won a few recently and had a narrow loss this week, with guys out.

I'm just adding a bit of balance to the tide of despair ppl dive into far too quickly here. And frankly um, susan...you sound about as pro-Manly as Technical Coach right now.

As for my old mate @Alan

You and Gina are off the Christmas card list for a start digger!

Just observing the quality of analysis and panic(nice to see the words per post count mantle moving on to greener pastures) but yeah Manly are lacking two aggressive explosive forwards who can maintain the intensity beyond 10mins.

As others in this thread have noticed the more words per post the more chances your comments will be taken out of context or twisted to create conflict(i guess for fun beats me) so i think it is time to delete this thread lol.

Technical Coach has now joined the moderators and enjoys the odd chant i have completely changed.

PS Brett Stewart is not a damn "ballplayer" he finishes off plays with timing and quick hands.(In my eyes not all these passes are "genuine assists" just finishing off a set play.)

PS PS, Brett has improved as a "ballplayer" this past 2yrs no doubt but the only Stewart who is a ballplayer is Glenn.

PS PS PS @napper a person who can pass is not automatically a "ballplayer" spot the difference.

Technical Coach said:
PS Brett Stewart is not a damn "ballplayer" he finishes off plays with timing and quick hands.(In my eyes not all these passes are "genuine assists" just finishing off a set play.)
PS PS, Brett has improved as a "ballplayer" this past 2yrs no doubt but the only Stewart who is a ballplayer is Glenn.
PS PS PS @napper a person who can pass is not automatically a "ballplayer" spot the difference.
Someone could define what a 'ballplayer' is as opposed to someone who passes the ball to others in motion 'with timing and quick hands' ?

What a load of rubbish. They all play RL, they run, pass the ball to each other. Some operate closer to the middle, moving somewhat slower - not always; and some operate further out wide moving generally quicker, and they pass the ball to each other too.:D

A ballplayer creates opportunities through sleight of hand and goes to the line, catch and pass is not about creating an opening but passing to a person who is open in most but not all instances.

Hayne can ballplay better than Stewart, Stewart has quicker hands and injects himself better with timing into the backline, different players different qualities.

Obviously I read about our NSW Cup side on here RE and they quite frankly get mercilessly bagged almost every week as you would expect with the points they have conceded.Surely it must be close to a record for our Reserves over the years.Anyway I lay down my arms .We must agree to disagree and as our learned friend TC has entered the fray ,I ,like you ,will happily say good night before our resident genius further expands his theories.

Technical Coach said:
A ballplayer creates opportunities through sleight of hand and goes to the line, catch and pass is not about creating an opening but passing to a person who is open in most but not all instances.

Hayne can ballplay better than Stewart, Stewart has quicker hands and injects himself better with timing into the backline, different players different qualities.

Hate to say it but TC is correct. The key difference is creation as opposed to execution.

Shoe1 said:
I always prided myself as a ballplayer, but now I see I wasn't one, merely a passer :-(

I don't think having a pair of pants with the pockets cut out is what the other posters meant!!

:p:D

globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:
I always prided myself as a ballplayer, but now I see I wasn't one, merely a passer :-(

I don't think having a pair of pants with the pockets cut out is what the other posters meant!!

My "soft hands" were noted by my coach.

Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:

Ahh, so you went to a private school as well!

globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:

Ahh, so you went to a private school as well!

Ahem, no, public all the way (to bring things back to reality)

Alan said:
Technical Coach said:
Hate to say it but TC is correct. The key difference is creation as opposed to execution.
Creation of WHAT ? Define 'Slight of hand' in the context of attacking Rugby League . . . ! Are they doing 'on field magic'? Glenn does it and Brett does not ?

TC : dig yourself into a deeper cravass. Go ahead make my Day. :)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Alan said:
Technical Coach said:
Creation of WHAT ? Define 'Slight of hand' in the context of attacking Rugby League . . . ! Are they doing 'on field magic'? Glenn does it and Brett does not ?

TC : dig yourself into a deeper cravass. Go ahead make my Day. :)

I would have thought that the difference would be obvious to anybody with an elemental grasp of the game.

I would also offer an explanation of what we mean by creation and execution but I get the impression that in this instance that would be as rewarding as teaching evolution in Alabama.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6