We have shown we can handle injuries to the backline but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think examples are more practical...

Ball player = Cliffy Lyons
Ball passer = Chris Bailey

:)

Alan said:
Technical Coach said:
A ballplayer creates opportunities through sleight of hand and goes to the line, catch and pass is not about creating an opening but passing to a person who is open in most but not all instances.

Hayne can ballplay better than Stewart, Stewart has quicker hands and injects himself better with timing into the backline, different players different qualities.

Hate to say it but TC is correct. The key difference is creation as opposed to execution.

Please don't feed TC too much mate.

I would've thought you get enough henpecking and hyperbole at home with Gina now.

I think Snake has done a bit of both over the years. Creating space and taking advantage of it himself too. Just not so much lately.

Whether he's below par physically, or a bit mentally because of Glenn leaving...not sure.
Hope he clicks back into gear this week.

And our spirited thread was about the pigs before TC resurfaced too.

RiverEagle said:
And our spirited thread was about the pigs before TC resurfaced too
Could have fooled me. I thought it was about Gina, Brad Arthur, Parramatta, Johnny Cash and the relative good looks of certain posters.

Yawn.

Do you really want to nit-pick about tangents or even irrelevance in posting??

That's really all you can add to the entire thread where your only other post referenced Brad Arthur too???

And considering he was our forwards coach his reference is relevant anyway.

#Sad.

RiverEagle said:
RiverEagle said:
Hypocrisy doesn't become you RE, but I suppose a cheap shot at TC is always good for a laugh.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:
RiverEagle said:
Hypocrisy doesn't become you RE, but I suppose a cheap shot at TC is always good for a laugh.

Oh I wasn't joking about TC.

But as far as hypocrisy and cheap shots go I'll defer to your wisdom...you are in a league of your own.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:
Could have fooled me. I thought it was about Gina, Brad Arthur, Parramatta, Johnny Cash and the relative good looks of certain posters.
I can offer some doomsday prepping tips if this thread is lacking.:D

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:

I wouldn't protest @niccipops

Those doomsday preppers are in a league of their own too, at least for loopiness if nothing else.

Personally I feel for their kids, who have little say in the lifestyle chosen by their folks.

And the way some ppl are carrying on here lately, you'd think the end is nigh.

This place has gone to $hit. You used to be able to insult someone with out them actually being insulted. Too much wrinkly old thin skin around here these days.

Stevo said:
This place has gone to $hit. You used to be able to insult someone with out them actually being insulted. Too much wrinkly old thin skin around here these days.

Yeah I'd agree with that, as long as you know where it's coming from, or who exactly...

But I can already hear certain ppl in response...

If we don't like it Stevo, we know where the door is.

And I've already thought about that a few times too.

niccipops said:

lol, nail em to the door

sardine.gif

TC, I never said he was a ball player, I said is a good passer of the ball. Many moons ago, you said he was not.

Stevo said:

Yeah you can't even analyse players unless it is based around only seeing the positives these days.

Anything critical or under the guise of "we need to do more of " or "we are lacking in" seems to offend supporters also, in the same way parents live their lives through their children the fans live their dreams through the support of a team and certain untouchable players.

Napper said:
TC, I never said he was a ball player, I said is a good passer of the ball. Many moons ago, you said he was not.

Brett does not have the greatest passing technique is what I said, he is not a natural passer of the ball, I did not say he "can't pass".

At times his passing does let him down but I would back him any day of the week for a quick catch and pass.

In the same way you can have a bad golf swing and still get the job done.

When Brett has time and space he is more likely to make either predictable passing choices or bad choices as he is not a ballplayer with many options in his repertoire, Brett is an instinct quick hands passer.

In saying that Bretts ballplaying has improved this past 2 years and would have improved more if not for the 2yrs lost due to injury.

He is a more rounded player now with more ballplaying and short grubbers but he is not a natural ballplayer never has been.

People have to stop looking at this analysis as me being negative towards Brett which is not my intention. What I am trying to illustrate is ballplaying is a little more than just tip ons and passing to an open man-----keep the "ballplaying" compliments limited to players who are genuine ballplayers like his Brother otherwise every second player becomes a "ballplayer".

''Fans living their lives vicariously through their heroes or kids...''

As opposed to you TC...labelling oneself as a Coach and living your dreams vicariously through a TV and PC screen...?

As you suggest elsewhere though, I didn't even read the rest of your dissertation on Snake.

RiverEagle said:

As opposed to you TC...labelling oneself as a Coach and living your dreams vicariously through a TV and PC screen...?

As you suggest elsewhere though, I didn't even read the rest of your dissertation on Snake.

1) Been there done that now a consultant........

2) You are not the target audience

3) Yet you still feel the need to let it be known that you did not read the rest of my "dissertation" on Brett.

HOT TIP--- No need to advertise to the world or inform me of your personal inner growth just embrace the change and keep moving forward.

Technical Coach said:
RiverEagle said:

1) Been there done that now a consultant........

2) You are not the target audience

3) Yet you still feel the need to let it be known that you did not read the rest of my "dissertation" on Brett.

HOT TIP--- No need to advertise to the world or inform me of your personal inner growth just embrace the change and keep moving forward.

Can be hard to avoid you when you constantly and too often randomly insert yourself into discussions.

I've been embracing that change as much as possible for quite some time, and whatever your ''target audience'' is in your mind might be significantly higher if you weren't such a narcissist .

You clearly need to be here far far more than many want you here ''Coach:'.Pretty sure who's living off who in the equation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7