We need a BK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matt Scott is the most likely of the current crop to be like BK imo, but I agree with The Nark that it's unlikely we'll ever see another BK come to our club in our lifetimes...

Agree - BK was a freak. Doubt we will ever see the likes of him again. The most inspirational player I have seen in my time watching the game. No one in today's game comes close, certainly not Myles. I think a player like that will most probably have to come through internally, not from outside. Knight maybe, but a big maybe.

Knight is a kid and has some growing up to do. But having watched his performances in the past in U 20s I can see the potential there of being a forward leader who leads by example. He just needs a good coach to refine his aggression and confidence. He and Jake could make one hell of a combination

We need to accept we no longer are a force and off contact players wont come anywhere near us with the betting scandal casting a black cloud over the players still in our side that could be involved. Clubs struggle and now it is our turn, we can blame administration, coaching, a lack of quality players and injuries but who cares it sucks and we cant do a thing about. This has been coming for years and most other NRL supporters are having a field day watching us go down the gurgler so we can either face reality and accept it watch teams like Melbourne, Cowboys and the Broncos and think to ourselves once we were kings and be happy with what Manly achieved over the last 10 years.

Dont despair. The Manly image will be tarnished but it will survive. A few years from now they'll be asking what all the carry on was about, but they'll also remember the success of the Manly club.

Its a dark couple of years. But already with the Trbojevic kids and a couple of others on the rise, Manly will again be one of the main clubs players will want to sign up with. Its history will easily overcome the present difficulties and negative PR. A year, perhaps two and Manly will be back near the top, I've got no doubt at all.

I went to BK's fruit shop once but I was too shy to say Hello.

So I bought and apple and left.

I think he looks back on that day with fond memories! (or maybe he wonders why some douche bought just a single apple.) :(

If you want a BK, type, you have to look at where BK was when he joined - two years to go on his career, Premiership winner, captain/leader, full representative, possible wife swapper ;) , yada yada.

Really that would have to be someone like Gallen, but it's too later there. Jesse Bromwich would just be signing the best prop going. There is a difference.

I honestly don't think a player that offers all that BK had exists. The club thought Myles could replicate a few of those characteristics and maybe he can with the leadership and off field stuff, but he's not coming close on the field.

The reason we were so successful and are where we are now are intrinsically linked.
It's simple. to be as successful as we were for so long you have to make a deal with the devil. Unfortunately he will eventually call that deal in. Just look at the below list from the top of my head for starters.
foran and dce circus
the Stewart brother's trials and tribulations
watmough saga
boardroom war
hasler walking as a premiership winning coach
toovey getting shafted
Dank gate
Betting and match fixing.
And I'm sure we could all add to that list. In fact let's all add to that list and see where it ends up...

We had a team that took back ended contracts to stay together and that's the main reason we are where we are....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8