We won't make the Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just like the Dragon, Sharks and Storm we are only making up the numbers either way.

I don't really care if we make it or not, just as long as they play their best for the next 3 week.
Well no i don't think so we have beat the Broncos, Rabbits and Storm. The Roosters are my biggest fear, they are over the cap imo and have an extremely strong squad. The Cowboys we can beat come finals time i think.

well i am just going to hold my breath for 3 weeks after that display against the raiders,we had them on their backs and let them back in,not the way to win a place in the finals,however that might have been their wake up call and they now realise the enormity of their challenge.
one thing is I WILL NEVER LOSE FAITH.

The big unknown is where St George is at the moment. 7 straight losses, then a scratchy win against Newcastle and a big win over the hopeless Warriors. The Broncs then flogged them in first gear. Does this amount to a revival? . They could lose to both the Panthers and Tigers, in which case we could get away with a loss. Its just hard to know what to expect with them.
IF they make it to the semi's over us, they'll just be fodder in the first week. Would be hard to take.

I agree but I doubt any team could win 11 straight matches to be premiers. Those top four sides only require to win 4 of their last 7 matches to be premiers, one of them will be up to that assignment.

Like Tooves said last week if we scrape into the 8 we will be so busted we will be in poor shape to compete in an elimination final.
Manly dominated the 1987 season with a 12-match winning sequence to take the title.

Teams regularly get on a roll and win consecutive matches. Brisbane, the 'Boys, Illaawarra, Easts and the Sharks have done it this season, and who could forget Parramatta's winning streak a few years back when they won at least nine in a row to reach the GF.

We all remember the pathetic effort St Merge put in against parra in the first week of the 2009 finals series to ensure Manly missed the second week from 5th. The minor premiers (st merge) deciding that they'd rather play parra then Manly, if it came to that, in future weeks and lost on purpose.

Last edited:
If you disagree with me then tell me who we will go past and what games they will lose. Do you think any of Titans, Newcastle or Warriors will beat Canterbury? Do you think any of Penrith, Titans or Tigers will beat St George?[/Q

Yes..and anyone who is in a tipping comp will tell you teams that are not expected to win games, can and do. Manly were not expected to win any of the last few games, yet here we are only outside the 8 only due to for and against, so perhaps we shouldnt write off these lower ranked teams, especially Parramatta!

Yes..and anyone who is in a tipping comp will tell you teams that are not expected to win games, can and do. Manly were not expected to win any of the last few games, yet here we are only outside the 8 only due to for and against, so perhaps we shouldnt write off these lower ranked teams, especially Parramatta!

It's just one week at a time BUT at some point we are going to need to put a large score on to improve our F/A, this weekend is the perfect opportunity , I'm thinking maybe 46-8 would be a good score !

@Mark from Brisbane the weather forecast is not looking like it is going to be our friend come Sunday:(:(

Predicted showers 3-10 mm for Sunday

If it was going to be a dry day I would probably predict a 24+ point margin win to us but probably around 12-14 point may be the case.

Do not get me wrong I would love a 48-6 margin in our favour I just don't think with the weather forecast that will happen.

Last edited:
The odds for us beating parra I don't like

Manly $1.07 Parra $8.50

We never seem to go well when we are heavy favourites.

Very nervous about this game !!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8