Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Theres a pattern of concern that I notice taking place at the moment. It seems the kids coming up from Blacktown are either not given a chance or they are given 1 game to audition for a spot in the team and if they don't have an outstanding game then they get pushed way down the pecking order in favour of the regular underperformers or someone signed outside of the club. I find it baffling where Johns who couldn't crack the Storm team for five years all of a sudden is given an automatic gig here regardless of his form.
There’s also a pattern of poor performances of the Blacktown side.Of recent times,they’ve won a few games but none of them have been Weekes influenced.Johns is not the answer,but he was never the first choice anyway

Could Weekes play on the wing ? In the past young fullbacks have made there start on the wing .
Give Garrick another crack at centre and a few games there to settle in ( his game there a few weeks ago wasn’t his best ) but one game doesn’t tell the story . I think it’s better to keep Tom at fullback he organises the defence , it’s a lot to ask of Weekes to do that , if Weekes is on the wing he can learn that off Tom while playing
It’s a slight change but could work

Schuster is a talented ball player, the best in the club. Wasted talent in the forwards as was seen in Hasler's time. Like using a hooker in the centres. Important to identify the best position for the best talent displayed. For example Croker is a top defender and never stops. Personally I reckon he's ideal for lock where his defense is needed and his mobility would be valuable. Weekes is a speedy and versatile ball player. Ideal for 5/8, centre or full back. Garrick is a speedy and a quick thinking player ideal for the wing, but not centre. Chan looks to have the quick and variable service to make an excellent hooker but not a centre. Pick your best players in their ideal position and then the rest in positions that best suit their game, if not their ideal spot. For example the idea of DCE at hooker would diminish his value to the side and the talent he has. He's one you wouldn't move. Nor Schuster.
We are basically the only team that has a 9 that isn't his natural position and is playing week in and week out and has been for several years. It's crazy. Some kid who has been playing their whole juniors as 9 and has just come into first grade still outplays Croker every day of the week.

We are basically the only team that has a 9 that isn't his natural position and is playing week in and week out and has been for several years. It's crazy. Some kid who has been playing their whole juniors as 9 and has just come into first grade still outplays Croker every day of the week.
I can name a few clubs in a similar position with a make shift/natural position dummy half,but the best example is Brandon Smith/Roosters and they’re in just as bad a form as Manly

Could Weekes play on the wing ? In the past young fullbacks have made there start on the wing .
Give Garrick another crack at centre and a few games there to settle in ( his game there a few weeks ago wasn’t his best ) but one game doesn’t tell the story . I think it’s better to keep Tom at fullback he organises the defence , it’s a lot to ask of Weekes to do that , if Weekes is on the wing he can learn that off Tom while playing
It’s a slight change but could work
Too small to be on the wing, probably too small for fullback and centre, sure, he's around the same size as Jamie Lyon but you could see that Lyon was something very special from an early age in first grade, something that we haven't seen from Weekes yet

Too small to be on the wing, probably too small for fullback and centre, sure, he's around the same size as Jamie Lyon but you could see that Lyon was something very special from an early age in first grade, something that we haven't seen from Weekes yet
We haven’t seen the best of this kid either , It’s a matter of giving him a consistent run in first grade
It’s a bit like he needs more experience but how can get that playing out of position on bench or not giving him time in starting
His size is not small compared to some he is probably in the middle
Height:182 cm , Weight 90 kg
Your right in that the rare chances his had he has been steady but not exceptional to what we may like to see

We haven’t seen the best of this kid either , It’s a matter of giving him a consistent run in first grade
It’s a bit like he needs more experience but how can get that playing out of position on bench or not giving him time in starting
His size is not small compared to some he is probably in the middle
Height:182 cm , Weight 90 kg
Your right in that the rare chances his had he has been steady but not exceptional to what we may like to see
He's been played in 3 different positions to make an impression. Very hard for him to get any sort of consistency in form.

He's been playing hooker ever since he did as a junior at the cowboys.
Yes but he’s not a natural dummy half.He’s played his best playing limited time at 9,with Harry Grant,and Smith playing lock.You could argue that Smith is just getting used to the Roosters system at the moment,but his work at 9 this season has been poor.I think he’s better suited to 13

If Weekes doesn't get picked to play fullback vs Newcastle, I think his time at Manly might be up.

Not much use being 3rd choice at your so called best position. He certainly is no part time hooker either and with Talau bought for the next two seasons, not though of as a centre.

If Weekes doesn't get picked to play fullback vs Newcastle, I think his time at Manly might be up.

Not much use being 3rd choice at your so called best position. He certainly is no part time hooker either and with Talau bought for the next two seasons, not though of as a centre.
Looking more and more that Garrick will be FB, I like weeks, but haven't seen any highlights from him since the first trial game back in Feb.

Looking more and more that Garrick will be FB, I like weeks, but haven't seen any highlights from him since the first trial game back in Feb.
I'm not sure where idea that Garrick will be fullback is coming from? Why mess up the edges again after we did so well there yesterday and when it's been such a big issue for us.
And, in fairness to Weekes, he has only played one game at fullback and that was against the Titans. Granted he didn't do much, but we still would have lost that game (as badly) with Tom playing IMO.
If he doesn't end up at fullback,then I hope he gets on the wing rather than covering Croker.

Depending on the bench utility for this weekend, I think lawton will be out looks like he dislocated his shoulder again so id go Weekes at 14, Garrick fullback christian tuipulotu back on the wing.

There is also the halfback spot to cover for at least 2 pre-Origin games.
But buying Jake Arthur indicates no confidence in Weekes or Johns, and no opportunity for Jamie Humphreys.

There is also the halfback spot to cover for at least 2 pre-Origin games.
But buying Jake Arthur indicates no confidence in Weekes or Johns, and no opportunity for Jamie Humphreys.
I think it's a sign that Johns is done (thank F%$*) but Weekes is a back (and not a half) and I think Arthur is a better fit for that bench spot (than Kaeo was filling).

I'm not sure where idea that Garrick will be fullback is coming from? Why mess up the edges again after we did so well there yesterday and when it's been such a big issue for us.
And, in fairness to Weekes, he has only played one game at fullback and that was against the Titans. Granted he didn't do much, but we still would have lost that game (as badly) with Tom playing IMO.
If he doesn't end up at fullback,then I hope he gets on the wing rather than covering Croker.
Mate, I'd love for weeks to play FB, Garrick's an out and out winger and only should be moved when Tommy's out. Weeks isn't knocking down any doors as such, needs more time to develop his game in reserves.

Weekes has been trained to be a replacement full back. That's his primary position. I would be disappointed if he isnt selected with Turbo's absence. He's another player who in my opinion is being handled poorly...and yes he'll leave if he doesnt get a go. A few clubs out there are looking for a good full back.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6