Well done Hodges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most of you poster on here really dont know that much about footy but I love your passion and that you support the best team I. The comp.

Hodges was excellent tonight. Referees gave it to us and we were missing two internationals two origin players and our best front rower. I am gonna sign out til next Sunday because there are so many dorks here hoping the end of our season has come.

StuBoot said:
HK_Eagle said:
Sillybus said:
If im allowed to criticise, gutho held on to the ball a little too much in the set plays and hodges did a few silly runs from dummy half. However, both of them played brilliantly. I loved the crisp deliveries from hodges all night long and gutho got a beauty of a try

If im allowed to criticise, gutho held on to the ball a little too much in the set plays and hodges did a few silly runs from dummy half. However, both of them played brilliantly. I loved the crisp deliveries from hodges all night long and gutho got a beauty of a try

Completely agree with a few silly run selections from Hodges, but he looked promising while more experienced others around him should have been doing much better. He has the potential to be a great modern hooker.

Rather ironic that a lot of posters on here wanted him on the bench to add more spark from dummy half. It just goes to show that it's selective running from dummy half that separates the men from the boys.
Please don't take this as a criticism of him, more of an observation.

He's only 20 and didn't shirk anything tonight...but as the Kenny Rogers song goes " You've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

Completely agree. I think many noted the energy level and liveliness that suggest he has the potential to be a great dummy half. But yes, it takes timing and experience to know when to take it on and when not. I think Balin probably has a better awareness of timing but just doesn't have the same energy level or zip to worry opposing team's defense around the rucks.

HK_Eagle said:
StuBoot said:
HK_Eagle said:
Sillybus said:

Completely agree with a few silly run selections from Hodges, but he looked promising while more experienced others around him should have been doing much better. He has the potential to be a great modern hooker.

Rather ironic that a lot of posters on here wanted him on the bench to add more spark from dummy half. It just goes to show that it's selective running from dummy half that separates the men from the boys.
Please don't take this as a criticism of him, more of an observation.

He's only 20 and didn't shirk anything tonight...but as the Kenny Rogers song goes " You've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

Completely agree. I think many noted the energy level and liveliness that suggest he has the potential to be a great dummy half. But yes, it takes timing and experience to know when to take it on and when not. I think Balin probably has a better awareness of timing but just doesn't have the same energy level or zip to worry opposing team's defense around the rucks.

He strikes me as a very segeyaro type player. If he gets that timing and shape right he could be sensational. It was his first real game for us though and he did get thrown in the deep end. He came away from that game in the top 3 players for manly for mine though.

Bull**** he was one of the best out there he wants to play for MANLY not like 1/2 of the team fuc-ing wankers piss the lot of them off

Bull**** he was one of the best out there he wants to play for MANLY not like 1/2 of the team fuc-ing wankers piss the lot of them off

GREEDY WANKERS.......!

I agree. Hodges had a great game. Played the 80 minutes. He's half the size of the cows forwards and he made 40 tackles.
Superb effort from a guy who hasn't even celebrated his 21st yet.

Yep, he and Gutho were standouts in a badly beaten side. Brightened up an otherwise awful evening. They both belong in the NRL.

these are the Players that we should have in the side ,ones that want to stay at MANLY........bye bye Brett bye bye Anthony bye bye Kieren

The NRL site actually has Hodges tackle count at 49. That's outstanding against those big cowgirls.

Only watched parts of the game with poor picture quality but not a bad effort but nothing spectacular either, did his job with a decent tackle count more than good enough for a first up effort.

From what I saw ball distribution out of dummy half was a little slow and tentative, not crisp and confident.

Now I was watching with terrible picture quality but at times it felt like he was lifting the ball off the ground before passing combined with a slower ball passing velocity which is not going to help the halves with ball playing time.

A few sharp moments out of dummy half which was good to see and a couple of nice clean passes out in front also, overall a good steady effort with a few things to work on.

@Technical Coach so what's the plan for Souufs? I'd go wide early and often, kick early and away from ingliss.

Technical Coach said:
Only watched parts of the game with poor picture quality but not a bad effort but nothing spectacular either, did his job with a decent tackle count more than good enough for a first up effort.

From what I saw ball distribution out of dummy half was a little slow and tentative, not crisp and confident.

Now I was watching with terrible picture quality but at times it felt like he was lifting the ball off the ground before passing combined with a slower ball passing velocity which is not going to help the halves with ball playing time.

A few sharp moments out of dummy half which was good to see and a couple of nice clean passes out in front also, overall a good steady effort with a few things to work on.

So you are critiquing his game without watching to whole match??
Lol...

Watched a bit over 50% of the game and to be honest when you are going out of your way to look at a few technical aspects it does not take much viewing to spot issues that need to be addressed.

manlyfan76 said:
@Technical Coach so what's the plan for Souufs? I'd go wide early and often, kick early and away from ingliss.

I doubt any kick is ever aimed at the fullback lol just hard to not hit the fullback especially on last tackles.

the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:

So you are critiquing his game without watching to whole match??
Lol...
TC you need to raise the intensity of your Manly television viewing a notch. Not everyone has the natural ability to get a good quality TV but you can make up for that with increased commitment to sit and watch the whole darn thing. ;)

I missed half the game as a result of all the face paint I decided to wear to show my support getting in my eyes, I guess that shows I should never try and be someone I am not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6