Well done Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Despite what one poster in here thinks , and I have said it hundreds of times throughout the year , Twenty has been dealt almost a perfect storm this year.

Injuries galore, never the same team each week, many internal influences pulling strings, trying to meld a new team and the retirement / lack of effort / constant injuries for the 3 senior legend players.

Most of you have said " excuses excuses" but seriously how even 2V, or Hasler would have dealt with this would only be marginally different.

I voted neutral in the " Can Barrett Coach" thread a few months ago, and whilst I regularly " take the piss" a bit with him I'm still of the same view.

If we get a more settled year in 2017 let's see how he goes in the first 8 weeks to see wether he can or cannot coach.

And for @Sheikheagle this isn't said through " gritted teeth", it's my personal view of the coaches situation.

Despite what one poster in here thinks , and I have said it hundreds of times throughout the year , Twenty has been dealt almost a perfect storm this year.

Injuries galore, never the same team each week, many internal influences pulling strings, trying to meld a new team and the retirement / lack of effort / constant injuries for the 3 senior legend players.

Most of you have said " excuses excuses" but seriously how even 2V, or Hasler would have dealt with this would only be marginally different.

I voted neutral in the " Can Barrett Coach" thread a few months ago, and whilst I regularly " take the piss" a bit with him I'm still of the same view.

If we get a more settled year in 2017 let's see how he goes in the first 8 weeks to see wether he can or cannot coach.

And for @Sheikheagle this isn't said through " gritted teeth", it's my personal view of the coaches situation.
Who is that one poster Mark?

In any case, while we are saying well done to coach, I thought the players looked fit strong and speedy, so a pat on the back to the much-maligned new fitness bloke, too.

Amazing what happens when we get some of our troops back on the field. The Team the last 2 weeks has looked something like a 1st grade side, rather than a reserve grade side. If we can keep the same side on the park the next few weeks we will see this form continue.

Exactly, look at you as a coach/Trent this scenario: His top 3 players at the club: Brett, Matai and Lyon are all 60% of what they used to be only a few years ago. Heck, we have Brett and Matai signed for 2017, one is struggling to even play and the other is hoping for a payout.

How can you/Trent get wins when your top 3 players on big money are unable to change the game anymore? Myles was a great buy who hasn't kicked on. Hard one for Trent but could be more to it?

Swap this, Tedesco for Brett (same/near money) Jack Bird and Dugan who are all on the same dough as Steve and Jamie and we would be much better.
Play this: 1.Tedesco (Brett), 2. Jorge, 3. Dugan (Matai), 4. Walker, 5. Tom, 6. Bird (Lyon) and 7. DCE. That is the best backline in NRL. (and on the same money)

Jake, Buhrer, Myles, Parcell and Api Tapau and BJ. What a great pack.
Lussick a bargain buy, Vave and Blake as well. Williame and Green seem to be growing.

Then potential in Meehan and Knight.

Give Trent a fair go in my opinion. He is the guy that has to replace Brett, Lyon and Matai in 1 season (good luck) and keep you fans happy.

In any case, while we are saying well done to coach, I thought the players looked fit strong and speedy, so a pat on the back to the much-maligned new fitness bloke, too.
I was thinking that about the fitness guy too as I watched these strong, fast bodies in Manly outfits.

Its been years since Ive watched this team make so many metres every single set.

Although I am thrilled at finally getting a win and breaking our losing streak, I think that I will wait until we have strung a few wins on the trot before I start dishing out any praise for the coach, coaching staff and trainers etc. To the players though, well done and congratulations on your win.

Who is that one poster Mark?

Great Post Mark that is exactly my feelings on Barrett. If he had the full squad available and better scheduling and still had the same results then i would be questioning him. Some of our signings have been disappointing however willame, green, blake, lussick and even starling to name a few have improved under his coaching. So lets hope we can get on a roll and get a few more wins under our belts. apologies for the dig at you. Go Manly..

Absolutely agree

that's total crap
eagles forwards led the way all night,our backs had room to move due to the great forward go forward,not giving credit to the team shows total lack of respect to two great weeks of footy,there will be more to come this year
Are u that stupid they had nearly 70per cent off the ball in the first half, like it or not dragons were ordinary

Are you that stupid you don't understand why we had nearly 70% of the possession?
Not as stupid as you for thinking winning one game against a team that is not even a contender thinks all is great, Just forget about the 7 Loses and the fortress

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6