what are our options?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

would you sack barrett

• Total voters
ivan cleary any chance?? toovey come back? id take back des for f***'s sake.
we need a new coach.
this isn't your typical 'bag the coach' thread when we lose, i struggle to find one good reason as to why he should stay. seriously, someone give me one good thing he has done?
a few good signings in taupau, cullen etc.
look at the players he has signed though. lane, 3 clubs in 12 months, winterstein, aus sevens outcast, myles,... no comment, sold parcell and buhrer.. why?!
its a complete joke. this needs to be resolved before our stars leave... if we leave barrett in the role ill give you two years until the trbojevics leave, and who could blame them.
the side isn't manly, no ball contesting, no repeat sets, no BIG players... what we have about 3 big men? taupau afb and lawrence...

You know that is thing that scares me the most and saddens me the most also. You look at Tom and Jake , you see they bleed for this club and never give up. If we continue with how we are going as a club I agree with your post they will both start to look elsewhere.

I believe that Barrett, his entire coaching staff, head conditioner, Zorba Peters and Fulton all must go. They have overseen the monumental destruction of an unbelievably good football team. Poor recruitment and releasing of players, the undermining of people like Geoff Toovey and Steve Gigg, along with the treatment of a man like Jamie Buhrer, has left a lot of us with a rather bad taste.

Manly need to break with the tradition of not walking coaches during a season, and walk the entire lot immediately. If the status quo remains, our season will be over by Easter. That will be three years with no finals. For this year, I think they need a proven and steady hand to guide the ship. While he has some personality flaws, I would be looking at someone in the mould of Brian Smith. He will certainly get them playing actual football and he does not take nonsense. From there, they can look at who they want for 2018. I too believe that someone with a strong Manly dna is the right choice.
Yup what we need now is a hard ass disciplanarian. No nonsense hard decision maker that demands effort and buy in. Someone that says 'Work hard, give 100% and play ure role.' Whens Bellamy off contract?? ;)

Last edited:
I believe that Barrett, his entire coaching staff, head conditioner, Zorba Peters and Fulton all must go. They have overseen the monumental destruction of an unbelievably good football team. Poor recruitment and releasing of players, the undermining of people like Geoff Toovey and Steve Gigg, along with the treatment of a man like Jamie Buhrer, has left a lot of us with a rather bad taste.

Manly need to break with the tradition of not walking coaches during a season, and walk the entire lot immediately. If the status quo remains, our season will be over by Easter. That will be three years with no finals. For this year, I think they need a proven and steady hand to guide the ship. While he has some personality flaws, I would be looking at someone in the mould of Brian Smith. He will certainly get them playing actual football and he does not take nonsense. From there, they can look at who they want for 2018. I too believe that someone with a strong Manly dna is the right choice.
agreed. zorba, bozo, the lot should get a clean out...

I know a few people have alluded to this (me originally), but we seem very much like The Titans, when Dan Ferris was up there as a strength and conditioning coach. In fact, I read an article about how much they wanted to change Ferris "system" when he left.

Funny thing though, the moment he got here, we started failing almost identically to how the Titans failed, and The Titans improved exponentially last season, with what was a god awful roster, also full of injury.

I thought pre-season our boys "appeared" fitter & stronger, and the 9's exemplified that.

But Gee-wizz...the lot of them look puffed after 15 minutes in the season proper. We look softer, slower, fatter.

Someone suggested we were a chance of getting the cougar pre-season. Man, how good would that have been. Ferris, I'm sorry, just like a lot of the other departments in Manly right now, is a complete mess. This feels like The Titans, not our die hard, win at all cost Manly boys. The current crew are quitters, simple as that - and we've been unfit for almost 2 years now.

Yup what we need now is a hard ass disciplanarian. No nonsense hard decision maker that demands effort and buy in. Someone that says 'Work hard, give 100% and play ure role.' Whens Bellamy off contract?? ;)
Madam lash??

I felt sick after the loss today however I have calmed down. We are down on troops -our 3 best props out. Plus we are disadvantaged by having Matai & STewart in our cap. I still believe with an ounce of luck and with everyone available we could match most teams. The biggest positive of today was Brenton Lawrence - he was the standout of all the forwards on the field.
And Baz has been trying to force him out for over a year! I like Baz as a bloke but its clear he has no idea what he is doing and unable to get the players to gel and be disciplined. He's too much of a mate to them, needs to get a bit of c##t about him!

I seriously dont think dez would of done much better today with the troops we have. We just dont have a squad to challenge for the finals. Too many park players and missing 2 more real good fowards. Would love Foran to come back and guide the team, even captain the side and move on some deadwood and sign 2 decent forwards. Hastings to hooker and goal kicker. We have some great players just need to improve the pack and convince Foran to come back. Haven't looked any good since he has left and dce game has suffered as well.
One thing all Des teams have is they play for each other and don't get blown off the park. I can't remember Des coaching a manly side that was not in the game. We may have got flogged once or twice but i can't remember it. The players are scared of Des. A healthy respect for the coach is what his players have. Baz is everyone's mate. The players like him but I am not sure they respect him..

The good thing is that with the teams poor form we're not likely to be decimated come Origin time.

The bad news is that with their personal form, we may lose both the Turbo's come Origin time. Even Daley isn't silly enough to play a 20 year old at fullback in Origin, but it wouldn't surprise to see Tom on the wing for NSW. As we saw yesterday, he has his speed and fitness back. Alex Johnston couldn't foot it with him when he scored (and Johnston is no slouch), he could only make sure he scored out wide enough for Walker to miss the kick. And he still looked like he could run after clocking up 313 metres. And if Jake doesn't start I'd be willing to bet he'll at least get a bench spot for the Blues.
Wrong We will probably lose both turbo brothers to SOO

We will get flogged by 50 without those two playing

Dan Ferris, take note !! It's all about staying AHEAD of the opposition. Donny Singe, I miss you !!

i know hes a pretty disliked face at the moment... but gee i miss watmough on the field. what i would do to have watmough, g stewart, robertson, ballin, kite, a fit snake skivvy and lyon and the rest of them on the field today, what players

i know hes a pretty disliked face at the moment... but gee i miss watmough on the field. what i would do to have watmough, g stewart, robertson, ballin, kite, a fit snake skivvy and lyon and the rest of them on the field today, what players

I know a few people have alluded to this (me originally), but we seem very much like The Titans, when Dan Ferris was up there as a strength and conditioning coach. In fact, I read an article about how much they wanted to change Ferris "system" when he left.

Funny thing though, the moment he got here, we started failing almost identically to how the Titans failed, and The Titans improved exponentially last season, with what was a god awful roster, also full of injury.

I thought pre-season our boys "appeared" fitter & stronger, and the 9's exemplified that.

But Gee-wizz...the lot of them look puffed after 15 minutes in the season proper. We look softer, slower, fatter.

Someone suggested we were a chance of getting the cougar pre-season. Man, how good would that have been. Ferris, I'm sorry, just like a lot of the other departments in Manly right now, is a complete mess. This feels like The Titans, not our die hard, win at all cost Manly boys. The current crew are quitters, simple as that - and we've been unfit for almost 2 years now.
Agreed mate, and even more criminal when you consider we had Donny Singe. He was not only a superb conditioner, but he understood our culture. And as far as I could tell by his tweets etc, absolutely loved the place. I never got why they punted him.

I must say that IMO the coaching staff are only part of a bigger problem. I believe the core problem has been very poor decision making by those responsible for hiring and firing coaching staff, management of the player roster and those responsible for team selections. Ego's, power and personal agendas can be destructive elements and whilst I don't know whats truly going on within the club it appears there are real problems. Club politics tore us apart in recent years and and we appear to have been reinfected with the same virus. The reason we had to have the clean out of our player roster was that the roster was a product of poor recruitment decision making in the first place, but it's easier to blame the players for not transforming from rocks into diamonds. You need somebody that has a record of occasionally turning rocks into diamonds to justify taking a punt on signing rocks otherwise you are simply caught in viscous cycle! We compound this flawed approach by off loading diamonds that weren't shining as brightly as they use too and replacing them with rocks. IMO our recruitment and player retention does not show the hallmarks of planning and building but rather reflects a inept reactive approach. Rocky Horror!

What about this absolute classic exercise in buffoonery. And the funny thing is, he was serious.

What about this absolute classic exercise in buffoonery. And the funny thing is, he was serious.

At the time, it did appear that way woodsie. They have certainly turned the corner, since. That's the thing about cherry picking posts from months ago (or years it seems lately).

I think that's your issue with me.

I will post about what I'm seeing in the here and now, and often in a very passion filled way (up AND down). You take a broader approach, and look at the longer term. The way I then post gives the perception of contradiction, and I get that.

I openly stated I'm trying to work on this.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve with that post (an argument, a door for you to rip into me again, a hook so things can escalate, etc). It's just a never ending tirade of abuse, insult, accusation & name calling, and I've done nothing but be positive, post in the manner you demand of me, and admit I'm working on the way I form my posts woodsie).

What else can I do to avoid your ire?

It's getting too much for me woodsy I'm trying to be the silliest poster on here but the wheels are spinning and I can't keep up

Yeah, we have had our fun and made a point, time to drop off and go back to being our sweet selves.

At the end of the day @Dan and the mods provide an excellent vehicle for all and we should be grateful that it gives us an excellent opportunity to both support Manly and study the nutters.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10