what do we really honestly think?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This wave came over me last night where all of a sudden I felt very confident. Up until then I would be the first to admit we are the underdogs.

Of course we can win it. We have an awesome team.

GO MANLY:):):)

If we can play at the same intensity as the last games against Souths and Roosters with improved attack/points on the board to reward such effort we will win.

Do i think we can play to such intensity again this year i have my doubts but i also don't fear Souths attack in general so we might not get punished as much as we should and stay in it for a long period.

If both teams are fresh and our attack improved i would tip Manly any day of the week in this game.

If our attack improved more throughout the season we would not be in the fatigued position we are presently in due to one of the hardest physical games ever against the Roosters. We have basically defeated ourselves through our lack of points and created tough games we did not need to have in five games this year and cost us a rest period.(Both Souths Games, Both Roosters games and the Semi)

If the training staff can work miracles and create fresh sharp troops we are more than a chance.

If we start well and the refs don't screw us over we're every chance. Unfortunately the refs seem hell bent on giving Souths a dream run to the GF and that will be a big hurdle to get over.

Honestly

I hope we pull this out of the bag silence would be defining.

We are in with a 50/50 shot

BUT

I think souths will run away with it though in the last 30 minutes by a margin of 14 points +

I hope I am proved wrong but I have a funny feeling this could be a long night

It ain't over until the fat lady sings!!!

We all believe that Manly can win every game, more pertinently, the feedback from the Team this week underlines this shared belief.

In all the interviews, the Boys are just treating it as another game, which will help focus the newbies.

Kitey's interview confirmed my belief, that once the Sharks game was won, where Manly doubted that they could back up after the brutal Easts game, the pressure came off. "We want to win and we will be throwing everything at this game."

Matt Ballin, and they'll be making no excuses when they face the Rabbitohs on Friday night.

Wolfman ignoring history and hype - just another game is the way to go.

Manly just have to ignore the refereeing decisions that go against them and not lose focus on the objective.

We all expect Souths to take dives and once they realise that they will lose, they will attempt to provoke Manly into being reported etc.

The media have removed all the pressure of expectation of a win from Manly - its all Souths and Wayne Bennet this week in Sydney.;)

So take the happy pills and enjoy another game with your mates, Manly :idea:

We all just want a Manly effort, and to go out in a blaze of glory - whether its Friday or next Sunday:angel:

Who needs petrol in the tank, when you run on love? :heart:

We can win on Friday, the key is discipline and an up tempo game, we have to run the big vermin forwards off their feet and DCE and Foz have to lead the charge.

Manly by 4, going to be a hell of a game.

We can win on our own merit. It's the refs that worry me. Both times we've played Souths this year we've had dubious decisions go against us.
If the officials decide to stay neutral we can win.

Honestly the Roosters v Rabbitohs are deserved favourites for the GF, that week off will help greatly, and they'll both give it to their opponents mightily.

The smart tip is Rabbitohs by 10-14, but I'm on Manly by 7-12.

We can do it, will need a big effort and a bit of luck, but we can do it!
Go Manly!

What do I honestly think? If the Kiwis can lose the Americas Cup, then Souths can certainly lose his one.

Bury (balloon head) Burgess on his first run and his brothers will go into their collective shells....use every opportunity to exploit Merritt's fear of collision, he's a great finisher but his self preservation makes him vulnerable.

Saturday's headlines...Manly's halves destroy Rabbits dream !

I saw some stat yesterday that said we have only lost 3 out of the last 35 games in which we have scored the first try. Seems like we need to score first (and often).

If we defend well and keep our cool we'll win it i reckon. If we get behind early we'll get a touch up i reckon. I'm not at all confident. But i'm not ready to admit defeat yet either.

If we are behind with 20 to go I don't think the boys will hang on. The last two games they have been brave, but I think it may have sucked a lot of petrol from the tank.

If we get out to an early lead I think then, they will have the guts to tough it out and hold the lead.

Has a captain ever ordered his team off the field, or better still, called a team meeting or strike in the middle of the field after continuous and seemingly deliberate bad calls by the refs? Imagine what would happen if the whole team gathered together and refused to play on until the video ref has reviewed a call, and the ref has explained the call to the satisfaction of the questioning captain.

As it is now, the ref simply says to the questioning captain, "We've reviewed it...that's the decision, play on. Go away". Followed by some half arsed apology to the team in Monday's paper and the standing down of some ref that struggles in the NRL week in, week out, and nobody misses the next week. Teams and fans should put the refs under pressure to get the calls right, right there and then. Review it and prove your decision is right or reverse the decision on the spot. Lame arsed apologies mean nothing when you've been robbed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6