What poor defence??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they let in a try.

defence sucks

I said to my dad one day...

look at de fence I built.

then he dropped me on my head.

Our defense was better last night, alot of missed tackles but great scramble which shows we have the right attitude. Our defensive structure however may need some adjusting to get those missed tackles down. I think our biggest issue is our once great 20m attack is all but gone, though i can see Foz and DCE getting back too their best which will bring back some of that attack.

Our defense was better last night, alot of missed tackles but great scramble which shows we have the right attitude. Our defensive structure however may need some adjusting to get those missed tackles down. I think our biggest issue is our once great 20m attack is all but gone, though i can see Foz and DCE getting back too their best which will bring back some of that attack.

No way it was poor. Our defence won us the game. So there were 38 missed tackles, we kept out Bowen, Thurston, Tate, etc and at Dairy Farmers, and thats no mean feat. We toughed it out and hope we can keep up that attitude.

Btw, did you hear Reynolds say on the Footy Show this morning he's still hurting from our match against the Dogs 2 weeks ago as it was so tough. I think that says something about our defence!

No way it was poor. Our defence won us the game. So there were 38 missed tackles, we kept out Bowen, Thurston, Tate, etc and at Dairy Farmers, and thats no mean feat. We toughed it out and hope we can keep up that attitude.

Btw, did you hear Reynolds say on the Footy Show this morning he's still hurting from our match against the Dogs 2 weeks ago as it was so tough. I think that says something about our defence!

Ralphie said:
Your kidding aren't you. We missed 38 tackles out there and they missed 18. We are burning up energy with great scramble defence, but the number of missed tackles continues to point to an attitude problem. EVERY coach will tell you that missed tackles comes down to attitude. We are missing an average of almost 10 tackles more per game this year than we were last year.

38 missed tackles yet they can only muster 1 try off a kick???
Seems like decent attitude to me, considering the game was in Nth Qld & they have strike players all over the park.
Agree the scramble was great & what you need to recognise with tackle busts is against super individual players these stats will blow out. For example have seen Uate break 12 tackles on his own this year in a game (not 12 linebreaks) & Knights lose by 40 points.
Every coach will tell you DEFENCE comes down to attitude & accept that players like Inglis, Uate, BOWEN & Barba will at times make tackle busts & its up to teammates to SCRAMBLE , slide & cover for one another to the point opposition can only score from kicks - this is attitude - this is what the Seaeagles done.

Ralphie said:
Your kidding aren't you. We missed 38 tackles out there and they missed 18. We are burning up energy with great scramble defence, but the number of missed tackles continues to point to an attitude problem. EVERY coach will tell you that missed tackles comes down to attitude. We are missing an average of almost 10 tackles more per game this year than we were last year.

38 missed tackles yet they can only muster 1 try off a kick???
Seems like decent attitude to me, considering the game was in Nth Qld & they have strike players all over the park.
Agree the scramble was great & what you need to recognise with tackle busts is against super individual players these stats will blow out. For example have seen Uate break 12 tackles on his own this year in a game (not 12 linebreaks) & Knights lose by 40 points.
Every coach will tell you DEFENCE comes down to attitude & accept that players like Inglis, Uate, BOWEN & Barba will at times make tackle busts & its up to teammates to SCRAMBLE , slide & cover for one another to the point opposition can only score from kicks - this is attitude - this is what the Seaeagles done.

Big penalty count, field position,home crowd was intimidating, Travel , niggling injuries. The people calling that win not good enough would slap there children for getting a A minus at school.

Get a grip, or stop gripping it too hard. For heavens sake. You all just look plain silly

Big penalty count, field position,home crowd was intimidating, Travel , niggling injuries. The people calling that win not good enough would slap there children for getting a A minus at school.

Get a grip, or stop gripping it too hard. For heavens sake. You all just look plain silly

It's like a silver medal. Really they have let us all down , including their parents.

It's like a silver medal. Really they have let us all down , including their parents.

I actually thought we made more of an effort this week to nullify off loads but the stats say different. Just the way it looked during the game. They have been killing us in recent weeks. That and kick defence. If we can improve on those 2 things we'll be fine.

I actually thought we made more of an effort this week to nullify off loads but the stats say different. Just the way it looked during the game. They have been killing us in recent weeks. That and kick defence. If we can improve on those 2 things we'll be fine.

I myself have prob been a big critic of our defense overall this season, especially with it being so inconsistent compared to last year.

But in saying that i gotta say i was pretty happy with our D in that cowboys game, even with 38 or so missed tackles its an improvement(i read somewere we are averaging 50 or so missed tackles a game in season 2012), and so long as we can show a little improvement in this area from week to week then i think it will go a long way heading into the finals, and tbh with snake back on the field our defense seems more organised, we all know what he can do with the footy in his hands but he just contributes so much to this team with his work off the ball and organisation as well as being safe under the high ball even when under pressure, anyone can score a try its the great players that can stop a try just as much as he can score em and brett stewart is one of these players.

I myself have prob been a big critic of our defense overall this season, especially with it being so inconsistent compared to last year.

But in saying that i gotta say i was pretty happy with our D in that cowboys game, even with 38 or so missed tackles its an improvement(i read somewere we are averaging 50 or so missed tackles a game in season 2012), and so long as we can show a little improvement in this area from week to week then i think it will go a long way heading into the finals, and tbh with snake back on the field our defense seems more organised, we all know what he can do with the footy in his hands but he just contributes so much to this team with his work off the ball and organisation as well as being safe under the high ball even when under pressure, anyone can score a try its the great players that can stop a try just as much as he can score em and brett stewart is one of these players.

jbb/james said:

I just don't know where you get this stuff from James. Please please find me one quote from this Forum saying that wasn't a good win FFS.

You can have a good win and still have some defensive problems. Anyone who is asserting that our level of missed tackles this year isn't a problem is completely delusional.

Seriously, I thought this place was for debate!!!!!

jbb/james said:

I just don't know where you get this stuff from James. Please please find me one quote from this Forum saying that wasn't a good win FFS.

You can have a good win and still have some defensive problems. Anyone who is asserting that our level of missed tackles this year isn't a problem is completely delusional.

Seriously, I thought this place was for debate!!!!!

ahh Debate, To debate it takes all types of opinions . Mine seems to have upset you. Sorry G, it was not my intention, but i dont think i have leveled this directly at you, so you must have felt , my opinion, however i have chosen to express it, is conflicting in some way, judging your reaction

There are heaps of comments that have suggested the effort wasnt good enough, in qute a few threads. Im not going to bitch and moan in them all, I just chose this one as I was agreeing with the original sentiment of the post. Its the glass half full v half empty chestnut probably

Look i debate my way, with my style, or lack of it. Its just me. You know me, delusional maybe, but im happy with my glass half full attitude. Next time our paths cross ill buy you half a beer and we can discuss theories on how to win a game missing 38 tackles, and how that can also be a massive positive

ahh Debate, To debate it takes all types of opinions . Mine seems to have upset you. Sorry G, it was not my intention, but i dont think i have leveled this directly at you, so you must have felt , my opinion, however i have chosen to express it, is conflicting in some way, judging your reaction

There are heaps of comments that have suggested the effort wasnt good enough, in qute a few threads. Im not going to bitch and moan in them all, I just chose this one as I was agreeing with the original sentiment of the post. Its the glass half full v half empty chestnut probably

Look i debate my way, with my style, or lack of it. Its just me. You know me, delusional maybe, but im happy with my glass half full attitude. Next time our paths cross ill buy you half a beer and we can discuss theories on how to win a game missing 38 tackles, and how that can also be a massive positive

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2