What Silvertails provided to the club on memberships, marketing and media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's not the final submission actually. That's one of the attachments. I left a lot of the technical stuff out of what's above for commercial reasons.

We even came up with a vision statement!

It was done for love and the two day turnaround was onviously one of the challenges.

I have put it up to hopefully put to bed for good the theory that we're just a bunch of recalcitrants.

We're prepared to back talk with action, but we don't have to brag about it (well, not for a few months anyway).

i thought that looked a bit thin. our entire proposal was big enough to bound......

that s alot of works and anyone who has written an RFP with no question sheet or written guidelines will know how hard it is. I am very proud of what we put together especially considering the deadlines

so am i. Ivoiced my opinions of giving a soft copy

Apparently the membership packages can't be linked to season tickets for some reason.

Politics...........sadly the politics of our club get in the way of really good ideas, now if only we could get some stong and decisive leadership to overcome these hurdles.

It was great work guys I'd be interested to see what some of the \"other\" supporters think of it!

There are some things that I don't agree with but it is an extremley acceptable proposal with some excellent ideas. So there you go thats whats an "other" supporter thinks of it.

I work for a marketing company - what kind of organisation asks for an rfp with a 2 day turnaround? where is due process?
I am not shocked that the club was almost bankrupt.

I am not surprised, at work we get asked to put in proposals with 2 or 3 days notice on a regular basis.

[quote author=Matabele]
Apparently the membership packages can't be linked to season tickets for some reason.

Politics...........sadly the politics of our club get in the way of really good ideas, now if only we could get some stong and decisive leadership to overcome these hurdles.

[/quote] My reading of the situation is this Pete. There's no secret that there's some protected species in the club.

So the new boys gets bought in and is given far less than carte blanche to do what is required.

So the new boy decides he'll live with it, take the pay cheque, and put up with the cronyism, nepotism and factions.

Personally I'd say "my way or I hit the highway" but I'd be doing it in full expctation that I'd be hitting the highway, burning my bridges and ruining my career.

Sadly factions and personal fiefdoms seem to take precedence over success at the moment (something Wheel has alluded to in another thread).

[quote author=byso]
It was great work guys I'd be interested to see what some of the \"other\" supporters think of it!

what do you mean by other
[/quote]

My opinion, someone who is not a disciple of Silvertails, but thats just my view. I am sure Byso will give us his definition in due course.

So the new boy decides he'll live with it, take the pay cheque, and put up with the cronyism, nepotism and factions.

Personally I'd say "my way or I hit the highway" but I'd be doing it in full expctation that I'd be hitting the highway, burning my bridges and ruining my career.

I rest my case your honour!

If you are correct and sadly it appears you may be, is he not doing more harm to his career by not going the "my way or the highway" option.

A CEO, in any organisation that is succesful needs to be strong & show leadership. Would an Executive Recruitment Agency seek out a someone who did not show the strength to a least attempt to initiate change? The role of a CEO is not to make friends, it is to drive change, particulary in an organistaion that was on the verge of bankrupcy not 18 months ago.

Agreed. Especially when rumours of bankruptcy within another 18 months abound.

Amazingly we agree Pete!

I will claim a points victory though. My views on our leader were made clear long ago.

But others, who I will not embarrass by naming, sprouted his rah rah heritage as his saving grace and deserving of a fairer hearing and more time to stamp his mark on the organisation.

There is however no joy in my claiming this victory, quite the opposite in fact.

ps: I have no problem with you agreeing with my view. Statistically, if we disagree as often as we do we were bound to find some common ground eventually.

Perhaps I was lauding his pedigree and credentials without realising that he was emasculated.

It's not something I generally check for when first meeting someone.

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=byso]

what do you mean by other
[/quote]

My opinion, someone who is not a disciple of Silvertails, but thats just my view. I am sure Byso will give us his definition in due course.

[/quote]

It certainly isn't anyone who appreciate Silvertails site for what it is.

Pretty much the main detracters of the silvertails. I'm sure you know who I mean.

Most fair minded people would think this proposal has merit.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2