What Silvertails provided to the club on memberships, marketing and media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently the YART is slighty behind the "site map" in popularity. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=lsz]
I work for a marketing company - what kind of organisation asks for an rfp with a 2 day turnaround? where is due process?
I am not shocked that the club was almost bankrupt.

I am not surprised, at work we get asked to put in proposals with 2 or 3 days notice on a regular basis.
[/quote]

I would say that this is a fairly significant piece of work - it typifies the club's naivety on the importance of a website that they would ask for a 3 day turn around

exactly, a proposal is one thing but one of the scale of what was asked is not a 2 - 3 day turn around. We just worked like dogs to release it

The more and more i think about the club is one caught in the cross roads - between how they used to be (succssful in the past and therefore maintaining the same blue print) to a modern club. They need to make the change

They need to keep a winning attitude but with a new corproate outlook. You have to be a strong corporate body when times are lean on the field!

Hopefully Wilson is the man to move the club into the 21st century. A cultural change amongst others at the club would be a good first step.

Exactly - they need to ensure that long term survival is not dependent upon on field success (such as gate figures etc)

If it is a wet winter next year, the club could struggle big time from what I hear

The other thing is that Manly is competing with about 9 other clubs in the Sydney Metro area and we have been behind the 8 ball over the last few years. There are other clubs whose success and management has created a lot of income for them. We have to find further sponsors and other revenue pools. In the past Manly led the way in sponsorship - Pioneer, Pepsi etc but not any more.

Poker machine reliance is 'gone' and so sponsorship, merchandise sales, ticket sales, etc is vital.

Good news for this year is that crowds were significantly up and near record level. Manly supporters came out of the woodwork everywhere and apparently revenue from games and merchandising was as good as it has ever been.

Professional management and a strong business and strategic plan is essential to capitalise on this. I hope we have the right team to do this.

Crowd average was the highest ever at 15,171 compared to the old record of 14,860 in 1994.

The proposal is a good one, however i think giving the $40 membership 10% discount might be a bit much, potentially $24 a season lost. The 10% should prob goto the $80 membership

agreed

The base membership should be a membership card only

how about fav cheerleader that would get them lining up for miles

When the beagles signed noddy – they said we needed x amount of crowd to cover costs.......... and we all know how that ended. Reliance on gate is old school to say the least.

It is interesting that the club didn't give out the freebies to schools/clubs etc this year. It miffed a few of the people associated with these but it didn't hurt the gate and it also meant that there were more paying spectators. Win-win hopefully though there was a bit of screaming that the NRL didn't care for the junior association etc earlier in the season.

Other thing to note is that Manly had a lot of free to air exposure this year which was a massive improvement on previous seasons. This can only assist with sponsorship exposure and marketability.

True, also there is the player assigned to schools, not sure if its new for manly but it cant hurt. I remember getting the **** with my mates spending most of PL saying hello to other school friends, it use to be the 1 and only place to be on weekends in the 90's for the school kids. I think these are the people that returned this year after remebering how good it was.

Also i would add that fans days at narrabeen are fine but that will not get many new members. Have fan days at manly beach where there is a huge number of non members. Organise a touch footy comp on the beach where teams of 5 play, 100 buck entry fee say. Do this on a saturday before playing sunday once a month - watch the crowds increase, exposure is what its all about.

If you can make people feel left out by not being at the footy youll get kick ass gate takings all year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2