What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if previously recommended but Happy Valley! OMFG, first two seasons were great but this third season surpasses them both. Superb performance for Sarah Lancashire and writing from Sally Waiwright.
They’re screening weekly. Four down, two to go. Both can’t wait and don’t want it to end!
I’m filthy that was the last season. I’ve got a tonne of pommy relos that live in and around the Yorkshire area. I said to them how many cups of bloody tea can you lot drink?
My daughter surprisingly is a big fan (millennial…can’t be seen to watch and enjoy a series the old man loves!) She does a very good "Put ta kettle on " though, I’ll give her that.
I’ll give it a month, and I’ll rewatch series 3 again no doubt.

I’m filthy that was the last season. I’ve got a tonne of pommy relos that live in and around the Yorkshire area. I said to them how many cups of bloody tea can you lot drink?
My daughter surprisingly is a big fan (millennial…can’t be seen to watch and enjoy a series the old man loves!) She does a very good "Put ta kettle on " though, I’ll give her that.
I’ll give it a month, and I’ll rewatch series 3 again no doubt.
Brilliant wasn't it? Especially the humour among the grime. I must confess I've already rewatched the whole thing. A rare gem.
As for the tea, astonishing how much they drink but have you noticed how, in so many English cop shows, the police arrive to the grieving family and the family offer the cops a cuppa and the cops always accept? Can't help thinking the police should be making their own tea and that of the family!
Also, you're clearly doing a brilliant job with your daughter. Might not want to be seen watching your stuff but clearly loves you to bits!

Blackbird. Apple TV.
It's a Denis Lehane thing based on a true story.
Good slow burn.

Blackbird. Apple TV.
It's a Denis Lehane thing based on a true story.
Good slow burn.
There were two things that made me watch this when it came out.
1. Denis Lehane. I remember reading a Micheal Connelly novel, and as authors sometimes do, they will drop another authors name into the storyline of their own. That was where I first heard Denis Lehanes name mentioned in glowing terms. Needless to say I’ve become a huge fan of Lehanes over the years.
2. Paul Walter Hauser. The first movie I’d seen him in was itonya. He was great in that. So when I saw his name come up in Blackbird I thought this could be interesting.
Trying very hard to not mention any spoilers here. But the character Hauser plays is not only memorable, but his voice scares the shiit out of you.
After typing this, I think I’ll re-watch the series again it was that unnervingly good.

There were two things that made me watch this when it came out.
1. Denis Lehane. I remember reading a Micheal Connelly novel, and as authors sometimes do, they will drop another authors name into the storyline of their own. That was where I first heard Denis Lehanes name mentioned in glowing terms. Needless to say I’ve become a huge fan of Lehanes over the years.
2. Paul Walter Hauser. The first movie I’d seen him in was itonya. He was great in that. So when I saw his name come up in Blackbird I thought this could be interesting.
Trying very hard to not mention any spoilers here. But the character Hauser plays is not only memorable, but his voice scares the shiit out of you.
After typing this, I think I’ll re-watch the series again it was that unnervingly good.
Both Connelly and Lehane are great aren't they?
The timbre of Hauser's voice reminded me of Con O'Neill (Neil in Happy Valley and the boss in Nolly) and that voice already creeps me out.
It really was an excellent performance amongst so many strong portrayals.

Yeah well.... who can afford apple tv except for millionaires?!?!?!

And I watched the lego movie today (2014) so there. :p "Everything is awesome...."

Oh... next season of the Mandalorian is out March the first! (can't remember if I posted this already).

Yeah well.... who can afford apple tv except for millionaires?!?!?!

And I watched the lego movie today (2014) so there. :p "Everything is awesome...."

Oh... next season of the Mandalorian is out March the first! (can't remember if I posted this already).
I LOVE The Mandalorian!

Sorry for your problem with millionaires like me and WombatGC. Something about beggars and choosers. I dunno.

If it helps, there is one (not sure I should call it a) mistake in Black Bird and it's the first time I have EVER seen it. A woman in a coffin at a funeral does a teeny tiny blink. Think I may be a little on the spectrum because whenever I see a body at the morgue or in a coffin (this is only on the telly you understand 😉) I obsess on how the actor can stay so still. But they always do ... until this woman.

I LOVE The Mandalorian!

Sorry for your problem with millionaires like me and WombatGC. Something about beggars and choosers. I dunno.

If it helps, there is one (not sure I should call it a) mistake in Black Bird and it's the first time I have EVER seen it. A woman in a coffin at a funeral does a teeny tiny blink. Think I may be a little on the spectrum because whenever I see a body at the morgue or in a coffin (this is only on the telly you understand 😉) I obsess on how the actor can stay so still. But they always do ... until this woman.

For some reason I always look, as well, to see if the ole 'dead person' moves.

they are usually pretty good - I reckon the older the show, the more they moved 'back then'.

I didn't say I had a prob with millionaires - they are useful to lend me $$$$ so I can see ted lasso! lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4