When does Manly play Souths?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wackos Whispers @WackosWhispers · 4m
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles set to be played on Friday night at SFS

Great. We get a 6 day turnaround with travel. They get an 8 day turnaround with twenty minutes travel. Fair?

If Panthers lose today it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rooters v Cowboys match on the Friday night as it would cater to both Nein's NSW and QLD tv ratings.

Hoping that the Manly v Souths match is on the Saturday.

If it is Rooters v Panthers in week one of the finals, then you can guarantee that it won't be the Friday match.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Great. We get a 6 day turnaround with travel. They get an 8 day turnaround with twenty minutes travel. Fair?

Rather play at SFS than Homebush

The number of day turn around is such a big issue and is grossly unfair unless rest days are fairly apportioned.

Roosters finished first, so they should get Friday giving them an 8 day turnaround. They finished first so it also makes sense that they are the first team to launch the semis.

We should play on Sunday afternoon at SFS. That also rewards us, as a top 2 team with a 8 day turnaround. Sure it can be argued that Souths end up getting a 10 day turn around, but I can live with that.

Last year roosters (1) played manly (4) on the Friday night. I thought the team finishing first plays on the Friday.

doc said:
Last year roosters (1) played manly (4) on the Friday night. I thought the team finishing first plays on the Friday.

Only if it suits Nein's tv ratings.

For example you would never see a 1 v 4 Storm v Cowboys match on a Friday night.

Chip and Chase said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

Rather play at SFS than Homebush

Ha! No, I meant trip to Townsville. :s:(

Its already confirmed we are playing Friday guys!!! It was confirmed on Thursday night, even Sportsbet site shows the game on Friday night.

Hadley said that the only game they know is locked is Manly v Souths on Friday night at Allianz.

Seems odd ( well, not really ) to me that up until last night it was locked in that is was Chooks v Souths on the Friday at Allianz and we'd play Saturday to give our fans time to travel.

So Souths were playing Friday night regardless and the NRL are .........

Fairness has absolutely nothing to do with it @silvertail.
TV will decide, based on what it thinks is good for TV, taking account only of the wishes of serious lobbyists such as Politis.

StuBoot said:
So Souths were playing Friday night regardless and the NRL are .........

Yes thats right, channel Nine wanted the Rabbits on the Friday night regardless due to large TV ratings.

FFS Ch9 have all the finals games they get Souths no matter what. Friday night at Allianz is just dreadful. You've lost my family and I straight away. Especially working til 6pm in North Western Sydney. Losing more interest every week.

Probably been said, but from memory.. and forgive me if i've messed something, I'm a few beers deep... ANZ has to host at least one finals match in the first week (contracted). So it'll depend on these final results. If it turns out only two sydney games (meaning Penrith have beaten warriors), then we're gonna get shafted out to ANZ for our 'Home' game against the team who calls it 'home'. So ideally we need a warriors win and Penrith to get a 'home final' which would be at ANZ against Dogs.. who call ANZ 'Home'.

GREAT SYSTEM NRL!!!!

Gould just said on Sunday Footy that Manly and Souths kick off the finals on Friday night .

Where is our advantage for coming second FFS.

From memory, last year, Souths [2nd] played Melbourne [3rd]on a Friday night, so it's no different to this year.

I don't see the big deal. So Souffs get an extra 2 days. Doesn't mean anything. These guys are professional athletes. Also Souffs had a very intense game, we didn't.

The only thing that sucks is getting to the SFS on a Friday night.

[/quote]

My point exactly. If it was a real home game at Brookie it would be sweet.

danny-boy said:
I don't see the big deal. So Souffs get an extra 2 days. Doesn't mean anything. These guys are professional athletes. Also Souffs had a very intense game, we didn't.

My point exactly. What is supposed be our home game is almost impossible for many Manly fans to get to being on Friday night, but the opposition fans can simply stroll in from being locals .

Surely,Saturday or Sunday is a fairer option.
Either that, or allow us to play at Brookie on Friday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4